C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest Sirius Renewal Rates

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 12:04 PM
08VRZ06
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

I just renewed the Sirus in my Ford Fusion as I drive 2 hr a day to and from work and the stations I have to pick from aren't the best. (1 classic Rock and 1 Country) Was told that the $77 deal ended last year and that it is now $97. I also had them invoice me!!

Mark
Old 01-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Red89gt
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

All the horror stories on here I won't bother with the service.
Ipod = free = done.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:45 PM
PCMusicGuy
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom/99
I live in Houston, if I want to listen to music in the cars, I have to have XM.
Ain't that the truth.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:50 PM
zapp
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08VRZ06
I just renewed the Sirus in my Ford Fusion as I drive 2 hr a day to and from work and the stations I have to pick from aren't the best. (1 classic Rock and 1 Country) Was told that the $77 deal ended last year and that it is now $97. I also had them invoice me!!

Mark

When I got my Jeep Wrangler in 2010 it had sirious, bought a lifetime subscription for it, upgraded the Jeep to a Grand Cherokee in 2011, transferred the lifetime for $75, 3 years ago got 3 yrs of XM for the wifes pilot, paid for it, a few weeks ago, got an invoice telling me I was auto-renewed at the total was $444 for the pilot for another 3 years, called them to cancel, got placed to the cancelation line, they threw the standard offers out, including a year for $75, I asked them if they still had the lifetime, they said the normal not in effect anymore, and it would be like $650, I said I have a lifetime subscription for the Jeep, and it was $450, I would do it for that, a few minutes later, it was approved, and done. My wife really travels, she loves her car, and will keep it longer than another 3 years, and she love XM, so it was worth it for me. For my vette, it is still on the free trial, and I will probably drop in a ken wood when they release the new harness, and stream pandora, or iTunes. Wow what a explanation. sorry for the long write up.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:01 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by vettephyxer
Why doesn't this company quit playing games with people and just charge everyone a FAIR rate for every vehicle. The $77 rate per year is o.k. and if folks didn't have to worry about being automatically renewed at a higher 'normal' rate they might just get more return customers.
They might also save a heap of dough by not having to pay a firm in a foreign country to provide lousy customer service.
Same could be said for GM and specifically the Corvette. I mean $10K off MSRP. Just what does a Corvette cost, let alone satellite radio?

Tom
Old 01-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Revette
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 199 Likes on 79 Posts

For what it's worth, after getting the XM deal @ $77/yr for three years I transferred it from the wife's '08 Vette to my Yukon with the first year @ $77. I just renewed after telling their customer service I wanted to cancel. The best I could get was $86/yr.

Contrary to many who post here, I like the XM offerings I listen to (primarily blues and jazz and occassionally vintage radio) since I live in an area where most FM offerings are pop, top 40 garbage, and the music that is loosely called country these days. At least with XM I can listen the radio offerings I like
Old 01-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
Because we really enjoy it maybe?
If you like paying them have at it, I don't
Old 01-25-2012, 01:50 PM
4SUMERZ
Race Car Tech
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,327 Likes on 1,667 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
Because we really enjoy it maybe?
I enjoy the service as well. I do call for better pricing, and most times I'm satisfied with the deal they give me.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Cliff2011GS
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Revette
For what it's worth, after getting the XM deal @ $77/yr for three years I transferred it from the wife's '08 Vette to my Yukon with the first year @ $77. I just renewed after telling their customer service I wanted to cancel. The best I could get was $86/yr.
Is this what others are now experiencing as their best pricing, $86/yr?

Anyone seeing additional discounts for subscribing two car radios?
Old 02-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Cobotr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got done dealing with XM about the same thing. I was canceling one radio and renewing the wife's Denali. They told me that the best they could do was the $86/year. I told them that there was lots of talk on the internet about a $77/year deal. I was told that that was last year and that they had a price increase. I told them that he could just go ahead and cancel the Denali's account also. After conferring with his manager, he now was able to accept the $77/year rate.

Go figure.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:09 AM
CandyRed77
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff2011GS
Is this what others are now experiencing as their best pricing, $86/yr?

Anyone seeing additional discounts for subscribing two car radios?
I renewed last week, and after the usual BS about cancelling etc. I got the $86 rate which ends up being $94.16 after tax and fees.
And I pay by Money Order each time, no CC on record for me

Sonny

Quick Reply: Latest Sirius Renewal Rates