C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Corvette Lear Car2U garage door/security gate setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 02:00 AM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Tried everything. Wasn't happening. Finally just bought a liftmaster remote to match the security gate. $28 at home depot. About the size of a mini cigarette lighter.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:37 AM
garageguru
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrh3
The Lear substitute is junk compared to Homelink, I had to install a Liftmaster rolling code universal receiver to get mine to work and never had this issue with Homelink (BTW, my Genie is a rolling code model that worked with Homelink and does not with Lear- newer than the Liftmaster upstairs for my wife's garage which does work with Lear). I hope GM is saving a ton of money...... They should provide receivers that work with the new junk, the bean counters might rethink their decision to replace HomeLink. I wonder if some money changed hands with this decision or if the price was made to be that much cheaper than competing Homelink, its a good business model to get your product into a big car company like GM and then their customers have to buy additional hardware from the vendor for their 6 year old openers to work........maybe

The Liftmaster 365LM module I bought to get mine to work can be had on the bay for ~$20, and I would much rather my money go somewhere other than Lear.

Other than this pet peeve I am enjoying the GS, first domestic car I have owned in a long time.
Wouldn't help much now unfortunately now that you have a Liftmaster receiver but may I ask how old the Genie is? There is a brand spanking new Genie out there that uses "intellicode ll". It requires a completely different set of instructions. If it is mid 90's through 2005ish the opener is probably running on 390mhz. THe GEN ll vehicles will not work with 390mhz openers very well regardless of brand.

THis is due to the government starting to use 390mhz for local services like fire, police, ambulance and if you live near a military base the interference can be even worse. .

Genie also has a very good customer service line. THey can usually walk you through prgramming on of their garage door openers.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:38 AM
garageguru
4th Gear

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath
Tried everything. Wasn't happening. Finally just bought a liftmaster remote to match the security gate. $28 at home depot. About the size of a mini cigarette lighter.
That works too! Sorry to hear it didn't work for you.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:33 PM
Frankko
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Garage door

I got lucky. I was expecting to have a programming nightmare but is was simple.

First tried holding the 2 buttons for 20 sec until the led was flashing then release.. Then i pressed the outer button on the visor and the garage remote simultaneously until it flashed from slow to fast and then release.

At this point the garage door was not moving after Hit the single button.

Then Hit the learn button on the motor, then pressed the same button on the visor in a 2 second pressed 2 sec release sequence a couple of times until the garage door opened.

I have an overhead brand motor and a 2006 with the little house in the middle button on the visor.

Sharing my experience just in case it helps.

Frankko

Last edited by Frankko; 07-15-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:16 PM
wrh3
Pro

Originally Posted by Frankko
I got lucky. Imwas expecting to have a programming nightmare but is was simple.

Sharing my experience just in case it helps.

Frankko
Thanks, what kind of opener do you have? It seems to do OK with some but not others.

Bill
Old 07-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Frankko
Advanced

Originally Posted by wrh3
Thanks, what kind of opener do you have? It seems to do OK with some but not others.

Bill
Brand " Overhead door"

Model. Legacy
Old 07-16-2013, 10:51 PM
Outlaw7
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I just gave up on my 2010 and use the clip on remote that came with my Lift Master. Evidently someone had changed visors on my red 08, because it has a Home Link opener as does my Prius. They both worked from the start.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:27 PM
Vette4Vet
Instructor

After trying the directions in the owner's manual for my 2013 GS (unsuccessful) then the directions proveided with opener (unsuccessful), I tried the method posted by garageguru (post #57) and it worked. In fact it worked so well I then went and did the same thing for my 2013 Chevy Siverado. The only issue doing the second vehicle was that i had to create a different TXID - when I failed to do that the first run on the truck, the truck worked but it overrode the Vette, so I had to redo the Vette with the new TXID.

Thanks garageguru!

Tom
Old 09-15-2013, 09:02 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Lear/car2U bites...they want me to spend $40.00 for a repeater so my 2013 Vette will work with my lift master opener...FWI home link repeater was only $7 bucks
Old 08-03-2014, 11:11 PM
Kingman99
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Great info

Originally Posted by z51vett
Okay i have the work around for this if you needed it pm and i will send it to you. Heres the problem button one near the window is setup for Genies with digital lights numbers 2 and 3 are setup for diff mfg. You have to untrain them and then you can program them I have this info took me 2 weeks of calling but they mailed it to me from lear car2.
z51vett
Doug
770-316-8528
Picking up my new used 07 vert next week, but will miss my 02. I now have home link so i hope i can get it to work.

Do you use Vengeance Racing?

Alan
Old 09-11-2017, 07:09 AM
Rehans12
1st Gear

Originally Posted by RicK T
Seems quite a few folks have difficulty with security gate setup.

Here's from the Lear Car2U website on gates:

http://www.learcar2u.com/program/gate/

And an old thread that may be some help:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...378-car2u.html

You might end up having to call them tomorrow.

It's really simple now to program your gate , thanks dude. Now I'll not have to spend bucks on gate repair and install expert for its programming.

Quick Reply: 2012 Corvette Lear Car2U garage door/security gate setup