C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM Deals

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 11:15 AM
KRPTONT
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Default XM Deals

My XM expires in March anybody know of any deals. I would like to keep it but I dont have to if there is not a deal. Only drive my car March to November 1. Thanks for the help
Old 01-06-2012, 11:29 AM
bb996+r1
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I told the last XM/Sir rep" I would never get your service again, even if Jesus Christ himself was a DJ"
Horrible customer service. Don't do it. You can do Pandora for free.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Wideout
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by bb996+r1
I told the last XM/Sir rep" I would never get your service again, even if Jesus Christ himself was a DJ"
I'd like to find an XM deal too.

My 07 with in-dash cd changer doesn't have an aux port, otherwise I'd go with pandora or slacker. I saw a thread about someone selling a wiring harness, but I'm not sure that I want to go that route.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:39 AM
chris12.8
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just wait till march when the charge you without your consent and you have to call them get hung up on and wait on hold for 2 hours to get your money back.

Last edited by chris12.8; 01-06-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:20 PM
TFocker
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got $6.99/month on my CTS with no special codes or any BS. I have the same deal on my GS and told them I would only sign up if they gave me the same deal.
I also told them to send me an invoice and I will mail a check so they can't just re-bill as was previously mentioned.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:12 PM
TarHeelDon
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i just re-upped in dec. My deal was pay for 3 months and get 3 Months free.....I can live with that....I believe it breaks down to about 7 dollars a month.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by chris12.8
just wait till march when the charge you without your consent and you have to call them get hung up on and wait on hold for 2 hours to get your money back.
When it expires, call and cancel, no problem. That wasn't what the OP asked about.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by bb996+r1
Sucks to be you but that wasn't his question.
Never had a problem with XM, only the people that have problems are the ones trying to get something for nothing and not following simple rules clearly stated in their terms of agreement.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:56 PM
TarHeelDon
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are really that worried give them a card that will expire before your subscription does....Problem Solved! Some of you guys problem solving skills really worry me....what happens when you get a tire with low air pressure?
Old 01-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Vette Nut
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They send me a card for 6 months for $25
Old 01-06-2012, 11:28 PM
AviBen
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
Never had a problem with XM, only the people that have problems are the ones trying to get something for nothing and not following simple rules clearly stated in their terms of agreement.
It's erroneous to generalize from your own experience, particularly in this case. Perhaps you didn't have a problem, but you obviously don't know about other people (and you have no way of knowing what other people were doing over the phone with XM). Moreover, your statement simply isn't true. Many people, myself included, have actually reported experiencing problems with XM's phone customer service -- failure to follow through as agreed, making mistakes, etc. XM is notorious for terrible phone customer service. I've spent hours on the phone with them on more than one occasion regarding service in other cars, and I wasn't seeking "something for nothing" -- I just wanted decent customer service and a fair shake.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:37 PM
K9KUZ
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

$77 for the first couple of years, then $84 (royalty fees). 6 years now on the Vet, and 1 year so far on my new Equinox. Just tell them "my brother" got it for $xx and if I can't get it for that, just cancel it. Be firm. Don't hesitate to hang up and call back to get someone else.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:51 PM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 568 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
I have had 3 vehicle subscriptions for 9 years.....Never an issue. I have them bill me and I send a check. I have never needed their customer service except to call and get the low rate.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:08 AM
Blaq Ops
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just renewed on 2 vehicles. I just called and told them that I wanted the deal that was $77 per year. $88 total. I got it with no hassle. I told her to mail me a bill because I wasn't giving a credit card and that's what they did.

Get notified of new replies

To XM Deals

Quick Reply: XM Deals