C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funny cop lets C6 driver off with a warning

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:08 PM
>>> Move Right >>>
Lifetime Supporting Membe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pcguy2u
I find the vid questionable - like in a video production and not a spontaneous event that just happened by chance???

Just my cynical nature
That's ok - I hear voices sometimes...

Thanks for the "production quality" compliment though, I do try to put some effort into my videos. More examples here:

http://www.youtube.com/pixelshock

Old 01-18-2012, 07:10 PM
>>> Move Right >>>
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by chuck1026
What I find disturbing is how it appears that the officer is using the Vette as a VERY EXPENSIVE clipboard. What gives?

I hear ya!!! But I didn't feel comfortable saying anything at the moment...

Old 01-18-2012, 07:16 PM
>>> Move Right >>>
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MidYearRoadster
nothing like and EDITED VIDEO....never saw him speeding or as the cop said..blowing off one of his stipes on his car... All we see is him pulling over like a good little boy....if we are going to be fair around here lets see the whole damn thing....if I were a cop now and someone blew bye me like this guy must have done...I would have written him a citation big time.....if you play you must pay.
Eat or be ett..law of the jungle
Of course I edited it. Otherwise there would be another 15 minutes of watching me sit there and wait.

As far as the alleged "speeding" part, my 14 year old son advised me that it might be smart to not include that.

I do agree with you - You got to pay to play - And I deserved the ticket. Guess it was just my lucky day...

Old 01-18-2012, 07:23 PM
TNTC4VETTE
Will work for HPDE time.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got nailed pulling out of my development 2 days ago. Guy on a motorcycle sat and watched me wind out 1st gear merging into traffic. Wrote me for disobeying a traffic device instead of 51 in a 35. Sucks, but I was speeding. Had no idea what 1st gear was good to on my car.

Maybe I SHOULD replace the HUD...again.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Jimmy Z
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Lucky guy..........
Old 01-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Thanxs
Intermediate

The Carolina troopers are really aggressive When issuing tickets. I received one ticket going thru The state and one coming back. Not good!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 10:49 AM
kmobrien76
Racer

Default ticket

I have been quite lucky over the years in regards to speeding tickets/warnings...always driven cars that stood out in a crowd, 81, 89, 95, 96 camaro, now the '74 'Vette (bright blue)...

My only suggestion is to be respectful, around here in Boston, I would necessarily agree with yes sir/no sir...keep hands on the steering wheel and if you have a passenger, hands on their lap...When asked for registration if in the glovebox, make eye contact and let him know that you are going to retrieve it from the glovebox...when asked for your license again, let him know where you are going to get it from, often mine is in my inside (left) jacket upper pocket...this will lessen his worries in my opinion...Above all, this is a bit tricky, but I would try not to answer his question as to why you were speeding as that can be used against you in traffic court....lastly don't lie, if you are going to make any statements to the officer, do NOT lie...if you weren't wearing your seatbelt, don't wrestle to put it on very quick...I heard that they watch for that...lastly, just talk to them like they are a regular person, since they are, difference: they have a gun and can take you to jail!

Kevin
Old 01-22-2012, 12:23 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 866 Likes on 609 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Originally Posted by brent319
This guy will be glad to hear that. He is facing felony one charges (same as rape) that could put him in the PMITA prison for 75 years.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/man-c...-recording-pol

A quick google found more cases...

http://www.alternet.org/story/151806...y/?page=entire

http://abcnews.go.com/US/TheLaw/vide...6#.TxXyMBxKiJs

Like I said above, a lot of these are thrown out, but how much time and money did they lose over the matter.
Wow ! Watched the first one. Anyone know what happened to Michael Allison? I googled it but nothing more current than the Aug 2011 story.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:56 PM
category4
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by need-for-speed
Wow ! Watched the first one. Anyone know what happened to Michael Allison? I googled it but nothing more current than the Aug 2011 story.
Charges dropped by the judge. As are all of these cases. The US Appeals courts have ruled there is no expectation of privacy but the police while performing their duties the the public arena.

All of these cases are nothing more than police trying to be the law instead of enforcing the law. They can't tolerate the public questioning their authority and lash out at those that do.

http://www.theagitator.com/2011/09/1...chael-allison/
Old 01-22-2012, 02:16 PM
kmobrien76
Racer

Judge Rejects Eavesdropping Charges for Recording Police

Michael Allison, an Illinois man who faced a potential sentence of 75 years in prison for recording police officers and attempting to tape his own trial, caught a break last week when a state judge declared the charges unconstitutional.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,508 Likes on 820 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by SabresFan
Ya, I was surprised that the O-dot gave me a break....probably owns one too.
yep, they're pulling a lot of overtime dough
Old 01-23-2012, 07:12 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 866 Likes on 609 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

category4, kmobrien , thanks for the update !
Old 01-23-2012, 10:09 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteTrpr
Wayne O,,,I'm sure given your great legal background, extensive judicial knowledge and your pro law enforcement stance that you are familar with the term "discovery" as it applies to the statutory rules of evidence. Or maybe your just showing your ignorance.
The Seattle Police have a habit of "misplacing" video that doesnt portray them in a favorable light. "discovery" or right to public access aside, it has been well documented in a few cases by the local news channels. In car cameras have disappeared when lawsuits have been filed, or new crews make public requests. A few of the tapes turned up later, fully corroborating the civilians accounts of what happened.

I hope it doesn't happen often, but it does happen.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:19 PM
johnnybravothepimp
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne O
I'm glad the guy got a warning but I wouldn't be surprised if the cop told the driver to shutoff the camera. The cops/government like to video you but they don't want you to videotape them. I know of several situations that demonstrate this. Even when it's their video if it supports your case they most often won't release the video to you. Evidently, getting to the truth and justice isn't always important.
You can say that again!

Quick Reply: Funny cop lets C6 driver off with a warning