C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Corvette Grand Sport, Worst Car Ever Driven?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 08:52 PM
hig4s
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by need-for-speed

BTW Gotta love the pics from the Earth Day rallies a few decades back where they had signs warning of the second "Ice Age"
I think that's off by a half dozen or so ice ages!!!!

There was a mini ice age from about 1400 to about 1850.

Global climate changes have been happening since long before man has been able to do anything that would impact nature. But man does affect nature on a regular basis, and year after year, with more and more people, and more and more industry the affect is getting greater and greater. Whether it has reached the point that it has an actual impact, there is no scientific way to tell. And until there are several hundred years more data, or we hit the break over singularity (in which case it will be too late to do anything about it) there will be no way to tell.
It is like gambling, without knowing the odds.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:01 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Originally Posted by Ozer
I don't get it. And come again, why am I hating rich people now? Your conclusions are baseless, and incorrect.
It would be based on this right here:

but you should also realize the only people who benefit from rejecting environmental policies or even rejecting policies like higher rates for highest income tax brackets are big corporations and various self interest groups; that's it. .
Old 01-05-2012, 09:31 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet

Originally Posted by hig4s
I think that's off by a half dozen or so ice ages!!!!

There was a mini ice age from about 1400 to about 1850.

Global climate changes have been happening since long before man has been able to do anything that would impact nature. But man does affect nature on a regular basis, and year after year, with more and more people, and more and more industry the affect is getting greater and greater. Whether it has reached the point that it has an actual impact, there is no scientific way to tell. And until there are several hundred years more data, or we hit the break over singularity (in which case it will be too late to do anything about it) there will be no way to tell.
It is like gambling, without knowing the odds.
I agree on the fact that there have been many Ice Ages. In fact, if I had taken one more Geology class, I could have claimed a minor in Geology. This included a semester of Historical Geology. I'm just telling you what was on the signs that they were carrying at the Earth Day rallies 30 years ago. AKA the 70's "occupy" losers.

The signs referred to the "Second Ice Age"

The bottom line is that it is very wrong to infringe upon the liberties of people or reach into their wallets for something that is unproven and likely a hoax.

MMGW has led to a significant wealth transfer from (ironically Capitalistic) industrial countries to third world countries and countries full of lazy slackers, which is why the Europeans embrace the concept so dearly.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:36 PM
aseipos
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Motor Trend? Haven't they always picked their "best car" from whatever manufacturer buys the most advertising in their magazine?
Old 01-05-2012, 11:47 PM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

It would be based on this right here:

Oh, I see. I meant to say no person (rich or poor) benefits from not protecting the environment, and it is rather large corporations and self interest groups pushing their agenda that benefit the most. Sorry if my message did not go through in between the lines
Old 01-06-2012, 01:25 AM
jimb100
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

In fact, if I had taken one more Geology class, I could have claimed a minor in Geology. This included a semester of Historical Geology.

I'm just telling you what was on the signs that they were carrying at the Earth Day rallies 30 years ago. AKA the 70's "occupy" losers.

The signs referred to the "Second Ice Age"

The bottom line is that it is very wrong to infringe upon the liberties of people or reach into their wallets for something that is unproven and likely a hoax.

MMGW has led to a significant wealth transfer from (ironically Capitalistic) industrial countries to third world countries and countries full of lazy slackers, which is why the Europeans embrace the concept so dearly.
Lol! Wacky on so many levels.

Despite the fact you only needed one more class for a minor in Geology, I'm not accepting that as a demonstration of your expertise in Climatology. Hopefully, not many are.

I once saw a man carrying a sign that said "The End is Near". That was 30 years ago, too. So much for guys carrying signs.

I guess you've missed the satellite photos showing the Polar ice cap disappearing.

"Climate model projections are summarized in the 2007 Fourth Assessment Report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). They indicate that during the 21st century the global surface temperature is likely to rise a further 1.1 to 2.9 °C (2 to 5.2 °F) for their lowest emissions scenario and 2.4 to 6.4 °C (4.3 to 11.5 °F) for their highest. The ranges of these estimates arise from the use of models with differing sensitivity to greenhouse gas concentrations."

I guess its the 6000 climatologists world wide who contributed to this report are the ones perpetrating a hoax on the rest of the world.

Good thing we you and your one class short of a minor in Geology to prove them wrong.

Of course it make no sense that 8 billion people, driving cars, heating their homes with fossil fuels, raising cattle for food could create green house gasses that contribute to climate change.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:46 AM
Snakes & Arrows
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimb100

Despite the fact you only needed one more class for a minor in Geology, I'm not accepting that as a demonstration of your expertise in Climatology. Hopefully, not many are.

I once saw a man carrying a sign that said "The End is Near". That was 30 years ago, too. So much for guys carrying signs.

I guess you've missed the satellite photos showing the Polar ice cap disappearing.

"Climate model projections are summarized in the 2007 Fourth Assessment Report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). They indicate that during the 21st century the global surface temperature is likely to rise a further 1.1 to 2.9 °C (2 to 5.2 °F) for their lowest emissions scenario and 2.4 to 6.4 °C (4.3 to 11.5 °F) for their highest. The ranges of these estimates arise from the use of models with differing sensitivity to greenhouse gas concentrations."

I guess its the 6000 climatologists world wide who contributed to this report are the ones perpetrating a hoax on the rest of the world.

Good thing we you and your one class short of a minor in Geology to prove them wrong.

Of course it make no sense that 8 billion people, driving cars, heating their homes with fossil fuels, raising cattle for food could create green house gasses that contribute to climate change.
Many of the photos you claim show the ice caps disappearing were taken at different times of the year. This scam was uncovered.

Even with your claim the temperature is likely to rise a further 1.1 to 2.9 °C (2 to 5.2 °F) for their lowest emissions scenario and 2.4 to 6.4 °C (4.3 to 11.5 °F) for their highest. Tonights temperature at the North Pole will be a balmy -28 °F with the temperature Monday predicted to be -39 °F Monday and a forecast of a colder then normal winter in the artic.

http://www.wunderground.com/US/AK/North_Pole.html

As for your photos here is another look at what is really happening.

MISLEADING REPORTS ABOUT ANTARCTICA By Joseph D’Aleo, CCM
http://icecap.us
Last year when Antarctic set a new record for ice extent, it got no media attention. They focused on the north polar regions where the ice set record low levels. This summer when unprecedented anomalous cover continued in the Southern Hemisphere again no coverage. Then this report in the news today. You probably saw it on your favorite network or internet news site (pick one, anyone).

And this winter is coming on quickly. Satellite images show the ice has already refrozen
around the broken pieces and expanded. In fact the ice is returning so fast, it is running
an amazing 60% ahead (4.0 vs 2.5 million square km extent) of last year when it set a
new record. The ice extent is already approaching the second highest level for extent
since the measurements began by satellite in 1979 and just a few days into the Southern
Hemisphere fall season and 6 months ahead of the peak. We are very likely going to
exceed last year’s record. Yet the world is left with the false impression Antarctica’s ice
sheet is also starting to disappear.
See
http://icecap.us/images/uploads/MISL...ANTARCTICA.pdf
Old 01-06-2012, 03:39 AM
X25
Sr.Random input generator
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,465 Likes on 1,022 Posts

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows
Many of the photos you claim show the ice caps disappearing were taken at different times of the year. This scam was uncovered.

Even with your claim the temperature is likely to rise a further 1.1 to 2.9 °C (2 to 5.2 °F) for their lowest emissions scenario and 2.4 to 6.4 °C (4.3 to 11.5 °F) for their highest. Tonights temperature at the North Pole will be a balmy -28 °F with the temperature Monday predicted to be -39 °F Monday and a forecast of a colder then normal winter in the artic.

http://www.wunderground.com/US/AK/North_Pole.html

As for your photos here is another look at what is really happening.

MISLEADING REPORTS ABOUT ANTARCTICA By Joseph D’Aleo, CCM
http://icecap.us
Last year when Antarctic set a new record for ice extent, it got no media attention. They focused on the north polar regions where the ice set record low levels. This summer when unprecedented anomalous cover continued in the Southern Hemisphere again no coverage. Then this report in the news today. You probably saw it on your favorite network or internet news site (pick one, anyone).

And this winter is coming on quickly. Satellite images show the ice has already refrozen
around the broken pieces and expanded. In fact the ice is returning so fast, it is running
an amazing 60% ahead (4.0 vs 2.5 million square km extent) of last year when it set a
new record. The ice extent is already approaching the second highest level for extent
since the measurements began by satellite in 1979 and just a few days into the Southern
Hemisphere fall season and 6 months ahead of the peak. We are very likely going to
exceed last year’s record. Yet the world is left with the false impression Antarctica’s ice
sheet is also starting to disappear.
See
http://icecap.us/images/uploads/MISL...ANTARCTICA.pdf
Haha, so you're quoting the guy who has this following statement:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_D'Aleo
"An Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming"

"We believe Earth and its ecosystems — created by God’s intelligent design and infinite power and sustained by His faithful providence — are robust, resilient, self-regulating, and self-correcting, admirably suited for human flourishing, and displaying His glory. Earth's climate system is no exception."
It's hard to even call him a scientist in my opinion
Old 01-06-2012, 03:47 AM
Snakes & Arrows
Pro

Haha, so you're quoting the guy who has this following statement:

It's hard to even call him a scientist in my opinion
Interesting that in your world a person that believes in God disqualifies them as a scientist. I would bet many of the scientists that do believe or better yet profit from the scam global warming or climate change also believe. Yet in your short sighted world you would ignore that. Not only is that sad it is absurd at it's very face.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:16 AM
Snakes & Arrows
Pro

New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming ... - Forbes http://www.forbes.com/.../jamestaylo...hold-...Cached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Jul 27, 2011 – NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth's ... James M. Taylor is senior fellow for environment policy at The ...

New NASA data challenges global warming theory | KurzweilAI http://www.kurzweilai.net/new-nasa-d...rm...CachedNot helpful? You can block www.kurzweilai.net results when you're signed in to search.www.kurzweilai.net
Block all www.kurzweilai.net results
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Jul 29, 2011 – NASA satellite data show the Earth's atmosphere is allowing far more heat to ... Volcanic particles in upper atmosphere slow down global warming, says .... Unfortunately it's still a misleading title, as my comment above notes. ...
Old 01-06-2012, 06:58 AM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

He's prolly been snortin' something! There goes his credibility.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:34 AM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

WTF happened to this thread?
Old 01-06-2012, 01:08 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72
WTF happened to this thread?
The Grand Sport is a great car. It has a soul. If my '08 died, it would be replaced by a GS or a Z06. The author does not like American muscle.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:10 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet

Originally Posted by jimb100

Would you say that to my face? I suspect you are a completely different person when not hiding behind your keyboard.

Your personal attacks weaken your position. You continue to prove the point that libs become irrational when others fail to fall for the hoax. Anyone who read my post could understand that my reference to the Geology class was for no other purpose than to acknowlege that there have been more than one ice age.

Yet as a typical Lib, you took one piece of personal information about somebody and made a pathetic attempt to use it to insult. It's typical, juvenile lib behavior.

Nice try but all you do is make yourself look like yet another angry liberal. All of your blathering on had absolutely nothing to do with my education level or the subject matter.

So tell us professor, what is your degree in and where did you earn it?
Old 01-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Snakes & Arrows
Pro

Would you say that to my face? I suspect you are a completely different person when not hiding behind your keyboard.

Your personal attacks weaken your position. You continue to prove the point that libs become irrational when others fail to fall for the hoax. Anyone who read my post could understand that my reference to the Geology class was for no other purpose than to acknowlege that there have been more than one ice age.

Yet as a typical Lib, you took one piece of personal information about somebody and made a pathetic attempt to use it to insult. It's typical, juvenile lib behavior.

Nice try but all you do is make yourself look like yet another angry liberal. All of your blathering on had absolutely nothing to do with my education level or the subject matter.

So tell us professor, what is your degree in and where did you earn it?
This is what liberals do when they are cornered. They cannot debate on facts as liberalism is based on emotion. This is why they scare the kids with the Polar Bears dying because of global warming or use personal attacks to temper the debate.

Most people know global warming is a scam. This is why they changed the name so they could have it both ways. If its warm they say climate change if it gets cold climate change again. No other theory in history has been able to have a argument in which you win both ways like they are attempting with the climate change theory. All one has to do is look at the people that support this publicly and see how they stand to profit or gain power from this scam. I don't care if people want to believe this crap. What pissed me off is I have to spend my money on products, taxes or regulations to support this scam and have people like Gore make money off it.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Snakes & Arrows
Pro

The Grand Sport is a great car. It has a soul. If my '08 died, it would be replaced by a GS or a Z06. The author does not like American muscle.

Once again. The GS is one great Corvette.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:31 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Snakes & Arrows
Once again. The GS is one great Corvette.

Get notified of new replies

To 2011 Corvette Grand Sport, Worst Car Ever Driven?

Old 01-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Snakes & Arrows
Pro

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Heck they are all great. Including the ZO6.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:48 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet

Oh, I see. I meant to say no person (rich or poor) benefits from not protecting the environment, and it is rather large corporations and self interest groups pushing their agenda that benefit the most. Sorry if my message did not go through in between the lines
I hear ya.

Would you not you agree that there are several self interest groups who are profiting from the theory of MMGW ?

Old 01-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Snakes & Arrows
Pro

I hear ya.

Would you not you agree that there are several self interest groups who are profiting from the theory of MMGW ?

He may have to call Bill Maher or Debbie Wasserman to get the answer for this one. But I'm anxiously awaiting his answer either way.

I wonder how many of the large evil corporations stand to makey a profit off this theory. I honestly wonder in a liberals mind, do they hate the corporation that makes a profit off of the theory or support it?

Quick Reply: 2011 Corvette Grand Sport, Worst Car Ever Driven?