C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 stereo help

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2022, 01:44 AM
tbevins
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 2005 stereo help

Can someone please give me some guidance on wiring my 05 please.. I have the bose nav unit, onstage and no steering wheel controls . I do not want to retain onstage or anything bose,no speakers,no amps nothing,the only thing I want to retain are the chimes and anything else that keeps the car happy.
I know I can use the RP5-GM11 but does anyone know if there is a cheaper option if I will only need to retain the chines, etc?
I'm goimg with an android hu, probably an atoto s8, Skar speakers and amps (I have a full star setup in my boat that sounds great).

Any info is appreciated
The following users liked this post:
TMODcustoms (11-01-2022)
Old 10-29-2022, 08:14 PM
FatChance
Racer

Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

Call Crutchfield and talk to their excellent staff. I am installing a new HU in my 06 C6 base that I bought from them along with everything I need to do the job. They have the solution and are the best!
TMODcustoms (11-01-2022)
Old 10-29-2022, 10:27 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,444 Likes on 2,802 Posts

Chimes and all that are done via data. Once you have data, all the other stuff is easy to do, that's why there is a floor on the price of a data harness.

I would buy something better than skar crap if you're going to go through this hassle. Replacing the 10s with a smaller speaker yields poor results, the stereo layout in the c6 does not respond well to cheap builds. If you're try ING to do it cheap, I would recommend swapping the 3.ts amd rear speakers with something better, leaving the 10" door woofers, and adding a sub.
TMODcustoms (11-01-2022)

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 stereo help

Quick Reply: 2005 stereo help