C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with C6 Price

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 07:11 PM
SWVetteGirl
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with C6 Price

I need an opinion as to what this car is worth... It belongs to a friend who needs cash quickly and I am thinking about buying it... Its a 2009 Corvette Convertible 4LT 6 speed manual, black on black leather, navigation, magnetic ride control, polished alloy wheels, dual mode exhaust, and ultimate exterior package. It has 23k miles on it now, he is the original owner, and it just had brand new Toyo Proxess tires installed 800 miles ago... Any thoughts?
Old 12-08-2011, 07:22 PM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SWVetteGirl
I need an opinion as to what this car is worth... It belongs to a friend who needs cash quickly and I am thinking about buying it... Its a 2009 Corvette Convertible 4LT 6 speed manual, black on black leather, navigation, magnetic ride control, polished alloy wheels, dual mode exhaust, and ultimate exterior package. It has 23k miles on it now, he is the original owner, and it just had brand new Toyo Proxess tires installed 800 miles ago... Any thoughts?
35k.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:20 PM
geo2000
Drifting

Received 114 Likes on 111 Posts

About $39K private party (per Edmunds)
Old 12-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd guess closer to $35K if your friend actually wants to sell it.

Go look through AutoTrader - there is no shortage of Corvettes listed at "book" value, and they continue to sit. List it at $39K and you're pretty much into Z06 pricing. Even on this forum, the list-price cars continue to be bumped to the top with no takers. The cold, hard truth is that it's a bad time to sell a Corvette so your price has to be even more competitive (and/or negotiable) to actually sell the car.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SWVetteGirl

I wanted to add: I've been checking AutoTrader for atomic orange coupes (optional paint scheme), and I've seen 2009 coupes with 27K mileage priced at $32K from a dealer. Granted, it was a 2LT coupe without F55, but I have not seen the additional options (convertible being the exception) command much of a premium if only because there are so many vettes out there right now.

Personally, black is a much more commonplace color and thus would command a slightly lower premium than the optional paint colors - with AO seeming to be the premium as it's much more rare in a given year.

Thus, being a convertible, I think the $35K asking price is likely realistic for a clean, fully-optioned car like you describe.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:52 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Originally Posted by c5goodlife
Did you end up buying this one?
Or, "did your friend make bail?"

Get notified of new replies

To Need Help with C6 Price

Quick Reply: Need Help with C6 Price