C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MacMulkin experience this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 01:05 PM
N2TU
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 195 Likes on 105 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by beerbarrel
You know, when I bought mine it only cost me 84 dollars to fly one way to Boston from Atlanta on Delta. They offered to pick me up at the airport in Boston but I chose to rent a car and drive up later in the day. It really was not that expensive to go get the car!
True....but the 15+ hour drive back to NC is a real killer...and who wants to put that mileage on a brand new car!...

Tommy needs to open a southern annex!..

Old 11-29-2011, 01:53 PM
beerbarrel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welp, call me crazy, but I bought the car to drive and the drive home was fantastic!

Originally Posted by N2TU
True....but the 15+ hour drive back to NC is a real killer...and who wants to put that mileage on a brand new car!...

Tommy needs to open a southern annex!..

Old 11-29-2011, 01:56 PM
Brunotheboxer
Instructor

Guess I know which dealer to check first when I'm ready to buy.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:59 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,458 Likes on 2,274 Posts

Great story.

And what cool vette you got. Wow. Nice.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,069 Likes on 592 Posts

Excellent story and was very much appreciated. Actually I also have a story from Tommy as well. About 6 months ago I was thinking of getting a GS from him. I have a very nice 06 Monterey coupe and asked about a trade. He gave me an excellent price for the GS and also told me I'd be better served to put my car on the forum, but, if I didn't sell it he'd give me a great trade in. My problem was we were thinking of moving to Florida. Since then we have, BUT, I would go back to them in a heartbeat. Tommy's an upfront guy, and I want them to make a profit...that's what this is all about. Plus, I want the best deal too. They'll do for you. Good luck with your new ride...
Old 11-29-2011, 02:29 PM
bhoch
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice read. 2nd pic is COOL!
Old 11-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Boozman
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

I just bought my Grand Sport from Tommy a couple of months back and when I buy another it will be from him.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Great story!!!! Enjoy the car!!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,089 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

After I purchased my GS from MacMulkin, I drove it all the way from New Hampshire down to Florida.

The drive was great, until this happened 5 hours after driving off the lot:

Got rear-ended in stop and go traffic on I-95 going though the Bronx!
Old 11-29-2011, 06:45 PM
John_P
Instructor

Thanks for the great story! That is one nice looking Z06!

Congratulations!

--------
John_P
Old 11-30-2011, 11:25 AM
MVPJEFF106
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks Guys
Old 11-30-2011, 11:51 AM
1320fan
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

That sounds like exceptional service and a very pleasant experience. I bought an 11 GS from Kerbeck in June, which is the third Vette I've purchased from them, and didn't even get the courtesy of a follow up call after the deal.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:36 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 1320fan
That sounds like exceptional service and a very pleasant experience. I bought an 11 GS from Kerbeck in June, which is the third Vette I've purchased from them, and didn't even get the courtesy of a follow up call after the deal.
Tommy Jr. and Ron have contacted me several times via emails and PM's to check and see how I am enjoying my car and what I have done to it.

And I ordered mine through them over 2 years ago.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:01 PM
studiovette
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What I found most interesting was this part "he filled up my car with gas and that he personally fills up all of the Corvette's before they are delivered." Hhhmmmmm I wonder WHY?

That sounded like the perfect car buying experience. Car looks Great also. Thanks for sharing
Old 11-30-2011, 05:14 PM
steig
Drifting

Received 231 Likes on 197 Posts

Nice Car ! Sounds like a great buying experience.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:26 PM
sdurg24
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

Whenever I hear of people having trouble with their dealers or that the techs don't put the time or care into their Vettes I stop and think about how lucky I am to live in NH and get to deal with Tommy Jr., Ron, and the rest of the MacMulkin Team. Had an issue with the launch control and Tom the Tech there went after it like a bulldog and solved the problem. He treated my GS like it was his own and you should have seen the smile on TommyJr's face when I told him the situation was rectified (by the way not a GM or MacMulkin problem). It was as if he took ownership of the whole deal. Can't speak for other Corvette dealers but MacMulkin makes me even happier to be a Corvette owner. "LIVE FREE OR DIE!"
Old 11-30-2011, 07:05 PM
MaineCorvette
Intermediate

Great looking ride!!

I bought my first Corvette from Ron and Tommy in December 2009.
I hadn't researched MacMulkin before buying, I too sent out offers to ~ 6 dealers that had the Corvette model I was looking for.

Tommy had the best price, so he got my deal, only then did I find out what a great dealership MacMulkin was!
I have never had such good customer service at any GM or any dealship I have delt with in 45years of buy new cars.

Tommy and Ron love Corvettes, they know what the customer want and expect, plus they really know their product, wow what a concept!
I will buy my next new GM car from MacMulkin, I wish more GM dealerships were like them, but they aren't.
Tommy & Ron you're the best!!

Get notified of new replies

To MacMulkin experience this weekend

Old 11-30-2011, 07:42 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

I agree about a great experience. I attempted to buy a new 08 from that NJ dealer over the phone and they just about blew me off totally, would not take CC info to hold the car, and said if it was here when I got here I could buy it....now coming from Mass....and to gamble on the car being there I said..seeeya. Sometimes when your too big..your ego takes the place of common sense. It ended up being a blessing as I was directed to Tommy Jr. in NH. I called him up, told him what I was looking for. He had the exact car in stock at a much better price than you know who and no fees added on to boot. I have since purchased two other vehicles from him and have an order in now for a GS coupe.
for those out of state he can always do a courtesy drop to a dealer near you so do not let the distance stop you from considering him for your next purchase. Just my two cents on this subject.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:55 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 280 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

I think that there are 3 or 4 no brainer dealers on this forum. I choose Fichtner due to his tenure on this forum and could not be happier with how the process went.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 685 Likes on 508 Posts

MidYearRoadster,
Thanks for letting us know. I'll add him to my list of preferred dealers.

Chevrolet Customer Service,
Justin

Originally Posted by MidYearRoadster
I agree about a great experience. I attempted to buy a new 08 from that NJ dealer over the phone and they just about blew me off totally, would not take CC info to hold the car, and said if it was here when I got here I could buy it....now coming from Mass....and to gamble on the car being there I said..seeeya. Sometimes when your too big..your ego takes the place of common sense. It ended up being a blessing as I was directed to Tommy Jr. in NH. I called him up, told him what I was looking for. He had the exact car in stock at a much better price than you know who and no fees added on to boot. I have since purchased two other vehicles from him and have an order in now for a GS coupe.
for those out of state he can always do a courtesy drop to a dealer near you so do not let the distance stop you from considering him for your next purchase. Just my two cents on this subject.

Quick Reply: MacMulkin experience this weekend