C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Pick my next mod
Twin Turbo
34.02%
Ysi
9.28%
Widebooty and wheels
48.45%
Hood
8.25%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Vote for my Next Mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 10:46 PM
user_name
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a c5z with a ttrim so you can keep up?

I think u r making max power on the stock shortblock. Just enjoy that or do the motor and add boost. Turbo or not. Screw a cheap, crappy turbo kit not using top notch parts. U will end up replacing most of it later when u break on race day.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:15 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Jez the more I think about it, it should be build the motor. Then not have to worry about hurting it. Then Ysi wins out as it has more powe potential than the UPP TT kit.

David was right...
Old 11-13-2011, 01:13 PM
FactoryRaceCar
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

You had to post this thread in General section? Seriously?
Old 11-13-2011, 01:30 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by FactoryRaceCar
You had to post this thread in General section? Seriously?
Yea, I didn't really know where to put it. Didn't think it was tech or FI worthy because of the asthetic mods.

But after talking to you today.....

PS: Feel better.

Last edited by 5 Liter Eater; 11-13-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

I never understood why people ask Internet message boards how they should mod their cars. Sounds like grandiose bragging to me. Mod your car they way you want not the way others would like. Just make sure to show plenty of pics!!
Old 11-13-2011, 03:55 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by DT455
I never understood why people ask Internet message boards how they should mod their cars. Sounds like grandiose bragging to me. Mod your car they way you want not the way others would like. Just make sure to show plenty of pics!!
or it could be trying to get feed back from people who have done the same things..

hes talking about putting a blower on a vette.. not a $150k TT kit on a lambo.. If you think talking about putting a 6k blower kit on a 30k car is bragging.. you have low standards..
Old 11-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Boltfan555
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by 5 Liter Eater
I have a big mod bug biting me in the wallet. The doc says the only cure is to get rid of the $$$ in the wallet that attracts the mod bug. So here are some options:

UPP Twin Turbo kit: Sell my ECS Paxton kit and headers and install the UPP TT kit with EB2 boost controller. Run the same boost (14#) which should net mid 700's HP and high 700's tark. If my twin Walbros will hack it I'm willing to push my stock short block there.

Up the head unit to ySi: My Novi 1500 is ~maxed out. Sell it and upgrade to a Ysi. This would necessitate an 8 rib conversion and/or flip drive. Run a restrictor to keep boost managable unti fuel and internals are addressed.

Build my motor: Tear apart my LS2 and rebuild with forged rods and pistons, LS9 head gaskets, ARP head studs, maybe try out a new more aggressive cam. Maybe stoke it, maybe go to bed bath and beyond, I don't know if I'll have time. This will keep the mod bug at bay and give me more time to decide on power adder changes.

Widebooty and new wheels: This will net me ~0.01 RWHP but it's something I've wanted to do for a while. Some TSW or ForgeLine's.

Hi-Tech vented hood: Looks bad *** and also something I've wanted to do for a while.
Build the motor!
Old 11-13-2011, 11:24 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by DT455
Haters gonna hate.

P.S.

Wheels are in motion towards a TTix swap.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:39 AM
KevinZ51C6
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I personally don't like the design of the UPP kit. TTix is a more expensive, proven kit, and I've had work done there before with good results. Widebody kits don't make you go fast, and wide tires don't really help with traction either, MT ET streets will hook better than your standard 345 anyway.

Whether you go turbo or YSi, you're gonna need rods and pistons to make the boost necessary to stop getting drug by those 900 rwhp Supras. I personally would go with the YSi setup. No lag, more reliable, and you already have the intercooler/piping setup.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:46 AM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11

Yea, I know the widebody would be mostly asthetic. I run 305/35/18 ET Streets as a daily driver tire right now.

You're spot on about the pistons and rods too but I should be able to push the short block a little harder with the TTix before I need to do that. I figure I can make up the power lost by spinning the blower and run the turbos at the same 14# I am now and get high 700 HP and Tark on turbos for a while before I buid the motor or a new shortblock.

A good friend made me an offer I could not refuse on some TTix parts so it made it an easy decision.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:09 PM
rchbn
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by d.medic
do you need a hug?
Nope I'm a grown man. When I have money to spend it gets spent with out a poll to do it, and I spend it on what I want to spend it on with out advise from a forum.

I walk down the grocery isle and I don't turn and ask should I get the gherkins or the dills? If you don't know which you prefer stay at home and suck on your thumb, curl up in a ball and ask mommy when it's safe to return to life.

We own a sports car that came out of the factory pretty, and if you need to take a poll to see what YOU can do to improve it.

You need help, and I still don't need a hug.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:11 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11

Thanks for stopping by.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:41 PM
rchbn
Pro

Thanks for stopping by.

Thanks for the Thanks!

Can't wait to see your next poll, if you should empty the ash tray or vacuum the floor mats!

I would do both, my ash tray holds candy wrappers and the floor mats get AZ dust so they need constant upkeep.

Good luck, nice to interject Jesus into the discussion.

Maybe you should have turned to him for a decision, as long as it isn't a Sunday when all the ball players are thanking him and he's not busy writing thank you notes for all those end zone prayers.

But I think your safe on Monday, why not ask and report back with the response.

TIA
Old 11-14-2011, 02:45 PM
DadzC6
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Rear wide body or suspension. Get that power to the ground. I highly suggest the Pfadt kit. Made my car totally different.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:24 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Wow, it amazes me that even after all the good posts and feedback some people are so ignorant, they continue to post negative on something the have zero expierence with.

Originally Posted by user_name
Get a c5z with a ttrim so you can keep up?

I think u r making max power on the stock shortblock. Just enjoy that or do the motor and add boost. Turbo or not. Screw a cheap, crappy turbo kit not using top notch parts. U will end up replacing most of it later when u break on race day.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:27 PM
5 Liter Eater
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by rchbn
Thanks for the Thanks!

Can't wait to see your next poll, if you should empty the ash tray or vacuum the floor mats!

I would do both, my ash tray holds candy wrappers and the floor mats get AZ dust so they need constant upkeep.

Good luck, nice to interject Jesus into the discussion.

Maybe you should have turned to him for a decision, as long as it isn't a Sunday when all the ball players are thanking him and he's not busy writing thank you notes for all those end zone prayers.

But I think your safe on Monday, why not ask and report back with the response.

TIA
Old 11-14-2011, 03:41 PM
rchbn
Pro

Jesus first and another dead guy next, your hilarious.

Please start another poll. PLEASE!

Did Jesus get back to yet or are you still waiting for a response?

TYIA

Get notified of new replies

To Vote for my Next Mod

Old 11-14-2011, 03:42 PM
user_name
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CK@UPPCOS
Wow, it amazes me that even after all the good posts and feedback some people are so ignorant, they continue to post negative on something the have zero expierence with.
Sorry about that. I will admit I am lumping you into a category with dozens of other companies that I have come and gone over the years. I do that simply because I don't see the top notch parts such as tial BOV valves and wastgates. I hope that you have much success though. It would be great to see a budget kit without issues. Bill here is going to end up maxing out whatever kit he gets and beating it to hell. I just think he needs to go with a setup with more of a track record.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:46 PM
TEC6
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by speedraider
I would say you have alot of power, do the wide body and hood.
My vote...
Old 11-14-2011, 03:57 PM
0CK@UPPCOS
Former Vendor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Understandable. I hear there were some bad apples around before me.
Thats what I want and encourage though, someone like him or Carl to beat the **** out this thing to show what its got. Im very confident in it, otherwise i wouldnt sell it, nor offer double the warranty of competitors turbos! 5liter, i would vote turbo, ours, ttix, aps, any of them. Carl seems to be much happier w the turbo route, and hes had both on the same car, so a really even comparison.

CK

Originally Posted by user_name
Sorry about that. I will admit I am lumping you into a category with dozens of other companies that I have come and gone over the years. I do that simply because I don't see the top notch parts such as tial BOV valves and wastgates. I hope that you have much success though. It would be great to see a budget kit without issues. Bill here is going to end up maxing out whatever kit he gets and beating it to hell. I just think he needs to go with a setup with more of a track record.

Quick Reply: Vote for my Next Mod