C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowing my C6

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:06 PM
bankr
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Lowing my C6

Since I'm in the Midwest, I don't get to drive the car all year. I do however want to do some mods over the winter as time permits. Been reading several posts on lowering the car to take away some of the wheel well gap. Don't want to get too crazy but have seen some posts stating they have merely used the stock bolts, while others have purchased lowering bolts.

Suggestions?

Also, is this something that can be done in a typical garage over the weekend? Does anyone have a "how to" thread on this?

If I decide to do this, I will definately get an alignment once spring arrives......

Thanks for all the help.......
Old 11-09-2011, 03:33 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 663 Likes on 444 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...g-your-c6.html

This thread was started today - same topic..

Search using "lowering" in the General and Tech/Performance sections and you will get a million hits including how-to's complete with pics..

You can even google "lowering the C6 Corvette" and you will be directed to good links....
Old 11-09-2011, 03:56 PM
RaleighTL
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As always, your choice. But as you lessen the clearance should anythng be thrown up into the fender weld it's going to play hell on your plastic fenders. Might well do it any way but a little space sure can make a difference. God forbid you have a blow out ...

Get notified of new replies

To Lowing my C6

Quick Reply: Lowing my C6