C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 CG GS Almost T-boned!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Garibaldi
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2011 CG GS Almost T-boned!

I picked up my Grand Sport six days ago. Today I was driving when a Lexus filled with Soccer Moms crossed three lanes to make an exit. Unfortunately, I was right where they were headed. It's amazing how 430 HP can get you out of trouble! They missed me by six inches.Took me an hour to calm down and remember that assault was a felony....

Old 10-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Bigsquat
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Glad you were able to avoid any trouble.

I have a recurring dream about a car filled with soccer moms but it ends differently, though there may be a felony or 2 involved as well...
Old 10-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Garibaldi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bigsquat
Glad you were able to avoid any trouble.

I have a recurring dream about a car filled with soccer moms but it ends differently, though there may be a felony or 2 involved as well...
Your dream is much better than my reality!
GP
Old 10-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Our cars are low, I always tell my wife when she drives her Vette to be careful and always watch out for the other guy, especially if they are a higher type vehicle. I tell her to get up beside them, just ahead of them if you can, or be prepared to honk and brake or move over because sure **** they are coming! Try and stay out of their blind spot.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:05 PM
Jimsan
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes indeed, those silly broads in their freakin Lexus SUVs are definitely dangerous, in particular when on their cell phones. They think the world revolves around them. This brings to mind driving in the Seattle area --- black Mercedes 450 SELs--- definitely worse, as most were driven by Chinese from HKG, never driven before, not a clue to road rules when behind the wheel. This was ten years ago, by now they may know how to drive if they survived the learning process.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:25 PM
PittMD1
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimsan
Yes indeed, those silly broads in their freakin Lexus SUVs are definitely dangerous, in particular when on their cell phones. They think the world revolves around them. This brings to mind driving in the Seattle area --- black Mercedes 450 SELs--- definitely worse, as most were driven by Chinese from HKG, never driven before, not a clue to road rules when behind the wheel. This was ten years ago, by now they may know how to drive if they survived the learning process.

I'll galdly trade you the Somalian's we have driving around here for your Chinese.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:51 PM
topper7788
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey, I live in Boynton Beach Florida... Try driving around here... It's a F'n obstical course with the average age of the drivers making the guys on this forum look like kids...... it's so bad it's actually funny!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:53 PM
yeller z06
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimsan
Yes indeed, those silly broads in their freakin Lexus SUVs are definitely dangerous, in particular when on their cell phones.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Garibaldi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by topper7788
Hey, I live in Boynton Beach Florida... Try driving around here... It's a F'n obstical course with the average age of the drivers making the guys on this forum look like kids...... it's so bad it's actually funny!!!
I don't know what they look like: Q-tips or Raisinettes. Spent a year in St. Pete and they were abundant.

GP
Old 10-26-2011, 02:34 PM
legbuh
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PittMD1
I'll galdly trade you the Somalian's we have driving around here for your Chinese.
I'll second that... for sure. Watch out.. the word is their new scam is short stopping so you hit them and they try to collect $$ from you. Like they don't get enough welfare already.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:37 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,096 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by yeller z06

Get notified of new replies

To 2011 CG GS Almost T-boned!

Quick Reply: 2011 CG GS Almost T-boned!