C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2011 disaster.....What do I do?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 10:46 AM
topper7788
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by redzone
As soon as they turned in the paperwork as sold,the car was no longer considered new:
actually in most states a sale can be rescinded and the car resold as new. It does require a notice of prior sale be acknowledged by the cuastomer informing that the car was sold prior. A vehicle can also have miles on it and be sold as new. Each state sets it's own standards as to what can be sold as new and with how many miles. (basically it varies by state to state as to what leaway the dealer has)
Old 10-22-2011, 11:19 AM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 655 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK281
Hence..the need for blending into another adjacent panel.
Blending is commonplace because it can be much, much cheaper and easier to achieve the appearance of a paint match. The alternative (painting the panel the right color) may require multiple attempts, drying cycles, and mixing a lot of paint. But it certainly can be done.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:25 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Latest update.
No report of repair at original dealer. They are telling me car is original. It sounds like GM wants to repaint fender, I said absolutely not.We agreed not to drive this car until Monday after more contact can be made with GM.Even getting my old car back has a glitch because I cancelled the extended warranty on it and don't know if I can get it reinstated. What a fricken mess, being this is our 25th wedding anniversary gift it sure will make it memorable. I have to tell you, I'm starting to get a funny feeling about this. Wish me luck.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:41 AM
topper7788
Pro

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
Latest update.
No report of repair at original dealer. They are telling me car is original. It sounds like GM wants to repaint fender, I said absolutely not.We agreed not to drive this car until Monday after more contact can be made with GM.Even getting my old car back has a glitch because I cancelled the extended warranty on it and don't know if I can get it reinstated. What a fricken mess, being this is our 25th wedding anniversary gift it sure will make it memorable. I have to tell you, I'm starting to get a funny feeling about this. Wish me luck.
Just so you know, when a dealer asks you not to drive the car till..... It's dealer speak for "oh sh*t we may end up with this one back"

Relax till Monday, sounds like they are looking for assistance from GM to make this right....
Old 10-22-2011, 11:47 AM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by topper7788
Just so you know, when a dealer asks you not to drive the car till..... It's dealer speak for "oh sh*t we may end up with this one back"

Relax till Monday, sounds like they are looking for assistance from GM to make this right....
I do believe these guys are trying to help me. I have had several calls and we are actually doing a search to see what else is out there. It's a mess for each of us.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:54 AM
topper7788
Pro

I do believe these guys are trying to help me. I have had several calls and we are actually doing a search to see what else is out there. It's a mess for each of us.
Contrary to what's posted on this board, most dealers will really try and rectify a real problem of there causing... Just make sure if you don't like what your hearing that you are dealing with the dealer himself or the General Manager of the store..

Most sales managers and service managers will do damage control, but it's the dealers name on the door and his reputation etc... He has the checkbook, plus I always teach that the lower down the totem pole a problem is handled the less it's will usually cost the dealer in the end.....
Old 10-22-2011, 11:59 AM
troyman1216
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Luck Randy, Happy 25th to you and yours!
Old 10-22-2011, 02:58 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by troyman1216
Good Luck Randy, Happy 25th to you and yours!
Thank you!!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:25 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler
It's still going to be two different shades on either side of the blending, right?
Friend of mine owns a VERY high end antique car business. Buys, sells, rebuilds, etc and sells all over the world. He said they NEVER blend paint on any of those super high end cars. Some are well into high 6 figures and must be absolutely perfect. He said blending is simply a sloppy and lazy way of trying to matching color. He also said ANY color can be perfectly matched but it takes time and money. I've seen 20 or 30 panels sprayed for matching purposes because it has to be as perfect as possible when selling these kind of cars.

That tells me blending is not the way to repaint something if you want it done right.........

Last edited by cthusker; 10-22-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:07 PM
1320fan
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Boltfan555
I also work at a dealer. When someone wants to trade a car in. We do a thorough inspection. If we report back that a single part of the vehicle has been painted the sales department automatically drops what they will pay for the car. As good as people may think a body shop is. You can always tell if it has been re-painted! So as far as it not affecting you down the road I would say 90% of people buying cars like this will care that it has been re-painted.
Exactly!
Old 10-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by cthusker
Friend of mine owns a VERY high end antique car business. Buys, sells, rebuilds, etc and sells all over the world. He said they NEVER blend paint on any of those super high end cars. Some are well into high 6 figures and must be absolutely perfect. He said blending is simply a sloppy and lazy way of trying to matching color. He also said ANY color can be perfectly matched but it takes time and money. I've seen 20 or 30 panels sprayed for matching purposes because it has to be as perfect as possible when selling these kind of cars.

That tells me blending is not the way to repaint something if you want it done right.........
No ****........Now please join us in the real world of being a painter at a GM paint shop where you paint maybe 10-15 spot repairs a day and try and make a living on flat rate. You just don't have the time to do 30 test panels, you WILL be fired if you only paint 2 cars per day, now let us get back on track please...............

By the way, just because you blend does not make you a lousy painter, my numerous awards and "best paint" trophies can attest to that.

Last edited by Racer; 10-22-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:19 PM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Give the car back and get another, don't mess with all the crap. You bought a new car, not a repainted mess.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:58 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Racer
No ****........Now please join us in the real world of being a painter at a GM paint shop where you paint maybe 10-15 spot repairs a day and try and make a living on flat rate. You just don't have the time to do 30 test panels, you WILL be fired if you only paint 2 cars per day, now let us get back on track please...............

By the way, just because you blend does not make you a lousy painter, my numerous awards and "best paint" trophies can attest to that.
Racer is my friend, he can fix my fender.
I will get forum member Pat (barduch) to fly up and get you.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:00 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've read the entire thread and I agree with the majority here. Don't settle. I know I wouldn't. Get another car.
As far as your transmission rattle, my bet is the "marbles in a can syndrome" that is normal with manual transmissions in the Vette. Happens when bogging at low RPM such as starting out from a stop, turning a corner in 2nd gear slowly, etc. My Z is my 2nd manual C6 and they both do it.
Good luck with the car!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:07 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JJC5
I've read the entire thread and I agree with the majority here. Don't settle. I know I wouldn't. Get another car.
As far as your transmission rattle, my bet is the "marbles in a can syndrome" that is normal with manual transmissions in the Vette. Happens when bogging at low RPM such as starting out from a stop, turning a corner in 2nd gear slowly, etc. My Z is my 2nd manual C6 and they both do it.
Good luck with the car!
I am sure working on that angle. I guess even if it costs me some more money, that may be the best option. Before I need to spend thousands on attorney fees I would just as soon get this over with. Thanks for the tranny info, that sounds like what I'm experiencing.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:08 PM
PeterSG
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20

Originally Posted by JJC5
Good luck with the car!
~~~~~~~~

My C5 suffered from this "marbles in a can" problem. My C6 has it also but the noise is much quieter than it was in the C5. It can easily be minimized by starting out from a stop with maybe 50 extra rpm as the clutch engages. I don't even hear it anymore.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Racer is my friend, he can fix my fender.
I will get forum member Pat (barduch) to fly up and get you.
Does he have a helicopter? I like helicopters.

Get notified of new replies

To New 2011 disaster.....What do I do?????

Old 10-22-2011, 06:42 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Racer
Does he have a helicopter? I like helicopters.
He flies planes .It will probably be cheaper to rent a helicopter and have them get you by the time this is all over.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:04 PM
d.medic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I've been trying to think how I could cheer you up. Here is my vette before I bought it. See it could always be worse.

http://youtu.be/ObXW_0Ma50s
Old 10-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Here ia an idea if they can't find you a 2011 see what they will do for you on either finding a 2012 or ordering a car for you.

Quick Reply: New 2011 disaster.....What do I do?????