C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPI Laser Side Cove Grille

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 07:43 AM
luvlake
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default RPI Laser Side Cove Grille

I can't or don't want to remove my GM splash guards to install the RPI laser side cove grille. Has anyone installed these from the top vs inside the fender well? Please provide insight. Thanks
Old 10-14-2011, 09:33 AM
gp56
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I faced the same problem when I got the ones from racemesh. Not sure what the RPI ones look like but the racemesh ones were just mesh cut to fit the opening and that was it. What I ended up doing was attaching 3 zip ties to make a loop near the top, middle and bottom. I applied clear silicone to the opening in the fender by sticking my finger in an applying it to both sides on the inside. I did one side at a time. I pulled my car into the garage stopping when the front of the doors were near the frame for the track of the garage door.
Next step was to get bungee cords with the hooks on the end. Inset the mesh into the opening on the fender and hold in place with the loops made with the zip ties. Attach an end of the bungee cord to the loop and then attach the other end to the frame rail of the garage. You do this with the other 2 loops. Have to pull the bungee cords straight, not at an angle so that the mesh wont pull up. After one hour the mesh was firmly in place, you remove the bungee cords, cut the zip ties and do the other side.
I did this about a year and a half ago and they are still in firmly in place.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:44 AM
gibear2k5
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I was still able to access the cove area to install led strips with the GM Splash Guards installed. I just removed the fasteners, leaving the taped portion alone.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:13 PM
jedblanks
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I installed rpi side mesh from the outside. Afaik that's re proper way. It's the way the instructions tell you to. Have some extra 3m tape on hand just in case.

Get notified of new replies

To RPI Laser Side Cove Grille

Quick Reply: RPI Laser Side Cove Grille