C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay vendor to beware of lilyspartsplace1

Old 12-04-2011, 06:09 PM
gunnerja
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 69 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Default Ebay vendor to beware of lilyspartsplace1

I had a experience with ebay vendor lilyspartsplace1, who carry alot of corvette items.

I purchased both seat covers and hatch shade on November 17th. On the 27th not hearing anything I email requesting status of shipping. They give me Fedex tracking number that says it was delivered the 22nd. I contacted them to verify the address and they reply back with my stored ebay address which is correct. I also received a UPS package that day and it hadnt gotten stolen. So I ask them to check into it with Fedex, (This is where they become a poor vendor) and all I get is silence. I email (nicely) daily and even vmailed them on the 2nd day with no response. After informing them 4 days later either help out or I will report to Amex, the reply

"Hello, Since this item shows delivered by Fedex there is really nothing else that can be done on that matter. The only thing I could do is sell you a set at cost. I would suggest if you choose to do that to deliver to a different address or somewhere that someone is home all day to accept the package.ThanksRenee"

So I contact Fedex since they wont and find out they shipped to the wrong street and zip but right house number.

I inform the vendor of this and said please contact me before COB to resolve or I will disbute through Amex (though I used paypal with my amex I have always had better luck with amex).

No response. The next day after I dispute with amex and I got a refund. Not a sorry, not a return call, or even a email.

If any effort would have been given I would have gladly re-ordered from them again expecially since it was a keying mistake at the kiosk (which fedex even verified it was kiosk not automated(they were very helpful), but they were terrible and unresponsive.

Just a FYI if your thinking of purchasing from, hopefully others won't experience the same issue I did.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

So FedEx screwed up and your mad at the Vendor? Ok.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Marc V.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IBTL.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:29 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,919 Likes on 4,805 Posts

Does sound more like a FedEx problem than the Vendor. I sort of understand your being upset with the vendor not assisting with what happened but really that is a FedEx problem in the end.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:35 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Stuff happens.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:03 PM
glenB
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

I think the vendor could have been more helpful. It seems they only responded after threats were made.....

Who's responsibility is it to file with FedEx concerning damaged or missing packages to recoup loses ?
Old 12-04-2011, 07:47 PM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by Racer
Exactly. The old address they had on Ebay was never updated by.... Who???
Old 12-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,504 Likes on 1,026 Posts

No no no, the seller could have at least responded better. I would have been pissed too.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:01 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

is lilyspartsplace the former partsladi who was a big fail??
Old 12-04-2011, 09:29 PM
glenB
Safety Car

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09 & '12, '14

Originally Posted by davidtcpa
Exactly. The old address they had on Ebay was never updated by.... Who???
Originally Posted by gunnerja
I contacted them to verify the address and they reply back with my stored ebay address which is correct.
Why update it if it was correct?
Old 12-04-2011, 10:30 PM
JKbride
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 11 Posts
W. GA Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15

Vendor owns the relationship with the shipper not the customer.
If the shipper screws up, it is the vendor who should contact the shipper to fix. In this case Fedex is the agent for the vendor.

The customer did not pay Fedex or have anything to do with their selection. The customer has no leverage with the shipper, as they do not have a contract with them...the vendor does.

Vendor should have fixed and has an obligation to do so since you paid them. The fact their supplier (Fedex) failed to perform is not your problem.

I would not do business with a company who is only interested in selling and not interested in making sure their customer got what they paid for.

Last edited by JKbride; 12-04-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by JKbride
Vendor owns the relationship with the shipper not the customer.
If the shipper screws up, it is the vendor who should contact the shipper to fix. In this case Fedex is the agent for the vendor.

The customer did not pay the Fedex or have anything to do with their selection. The customer has no leverage with the shipper, as they do not have a contract with them...the vendor does.

Vendor should have fixed and has a legal obligation to do so. I would not do business with a company who is only interested in selling and not interested in making sure their customer got what they paid for.
Bull crap with your legal obligation info, you need to get better info, seller is not responsible for fixing problem. You are grossly misinformed. Put yourself in their shoes...if I give Fedex a package to send and they lose it, I sure the hell am not giving the buyer his money back, why should I be out X amount of $ when Fed Ex lost it. No way in the world. I did my part, it is all on Fed Ex, not me. Almost always seller asks buyer(on Ebay) if they want to insure the package and that charge is the buyers.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:42 PM
gunnerja
Melting Slicks

Sorry if I wasnt clear enough.

Vendor put in the address wrong. Fedex delivered to the address on the label. The vendor was were the error was.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:44 PM
gunnerja
Melting Slicks

Bull crap with your legal obligation info, you need to get better info, seller is not responsible for fixing problem. You are grossly misinformed. Put yourself in their shoes...if I give Fedex a package to send and they lose it, I sure the hell am not giving the buyer his money back, why should I be out X amount of $ when Fed Ex lost it. No way in the world. I did my part, it is all on Fed Ex, not me. Almost always seller asks buyer(on Ebay) if they want to insure the package and that charge is the buyers.
Sorry to differ, Ebay address correct. Seller entered wrong into shipping Kiosk.

Also Fedex usaully only starts a claim from the shipper (who paid) not the receiver.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:18 AM
JKbride
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 11 Posts
W. GA Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15

Im afraid you are... I have spent too much time on these kinds of issue only on a much bigger scales..I know first hand the out comes of these kinds of issues. Bottom line, Fedex failed to perform, Vendor has a obligation to provide the goods to the seller....period.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:23 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by gunnerja
Sorry to differ, Ebay address correct. Seller entered wrong into shipping Kiosk.

Also Fedex usaully only starts a claim from the shipper (who paid) not the receiver.
Originally Posted by JKbride
Im afraid you are... I have spent too much time on these kinds of issue only on a much bigger scales..I know first hand the out comes of these kinds of issues. Bottom line, Fedex failed to perform, Vendor has a obligation to provide the goods to the seller....period.
Well, with this new info, of course the seller made the mistake, so it is all moot now.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:27 AM
RUBYREDVET
Race Director

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Love your avatars but you are WRONG. I have a distribution company and ship UPS every day. If there is a problem with a mis-delivery, lost package or delivered but damaged package, It is my job to file a claim with UPS or FedX. UPS or Fed X will not accept a claim from a customer.
In this case it was the vendors job to re-ship or refund and then make a claim with Fed X.

Get notified of new replies

To Ebay vendor to beware of lilyspartsplace1

Old 12-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by RUBYREDVET
Love your avatars but you are WRONG. I have a distribution company and ship UPS every day. If there is a problem with a mis-delivery, lost package or delivered but damaged package, It is my job to file a claim with UPS or FedX. UPS or Fed X will not accept a claim from a customer.
In this case it was the vendors job to re-ship or refund and then make a claim with Fed X.
I am talking end result, FedEx is on the hook, for the part not the seller. Also, OP said he contacted FedEx, don't you think Fed Ex would of mentioned to the buyer the fact the seller needs to contact them to file a claim....NOPE, they never mentioned anything like that. Isn't that weird.....or is it.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:18 AM
gunnerja
Melting Slicks

Didnt go to file a claim. Fedex site just said delivered. When I called they verified the address and that is where we found the problem.

The short of it is I wish the vendor would have spent 10 mins (which is less than I did to resolve the issue)

Everyone dont start a war here, I just wanted to warn folks about the issue I had. Wish it would have worked out better.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:20 AM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 308 Likes on 198 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

I think Racer is recycling his Avatars.....I have seen that booty before

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ebay vendor to beware of lilyspartsplace1