C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cianci Z06 front bumper to fit standard C6

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 05:36 PM
corviette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cianci Z06 front bumper to fit standard C6

Does anyone have installed and painted pictures of this bumper made by Cianci?

It's been a while and I'm surprised nobody has posted up any pics?

Has anybody received their bumper from Cianci?

Been needing a bumper to replace my current damaged one and can't seem to find anyone who's received or installed this product.

Even pics unpainted but installed is fine by me. Anyone??????????

Last edited by corviette; 10-21-2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: update
Old 09-12-2011, 05:47 PM
deepcj7
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they have pics on their site.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:03 PM
csnow
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a black bumper that is being pulled from my 05 for a Z06 front conversion. I am in San Antonio. We can grab a beer and some wings when your here. Make me a fair offer and its yours.

Chris
Old 09-12-2011, 08:51 PM
05C6GAC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by deepcj7
they have pics on their site.
One of the forum member finally posed some picture in the parts for sale section, cianci group purchase for the C6 to Z06 conversion, last thread before it was locked.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:04 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 05C6GAC
One of the forum member finally posed some picture in the parts for sale section, cianci group purchase for the C6 to Z06 conversion, last thread before it was locked.
Yes, but the photos that were posted was of the SIC Motorsports Z06 style bumper, not the CIANCI bumper.

I know because that is the bumper I have on my car.

That CIANCI thread never had a photo of their bumper that was on a car and finished and painted. The few photos that they did put up didn't look like the fit was that good, JMO.

Here is my car with the SIC Motorsports bumper. FYI, They were a supporting vendor when I bought my bumper but that is no longer the case.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:43 PM
corviette
Racer

yeah, im aware of the other options that are out there. I was asking specifically about the cianci bumper, but it doesnt look like there are any pics of the installed product anywhere on the forum.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:53 PM
corviette
Racer

Ttt
Old 10-21-2011, 01:48 PM
corviette
Racer

ttt
Old 10-21-2011, 02:38 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Old 10-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Thompyt
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I received mine. I have not yet taken pics. I will, hopefully this weekend. The provisional fitting did not go too well. I am surmising the Styrofoam cushion behind the bumper cover is different on the Z06. (I hope).
Old 10-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Cobotr
Intermediate

I don't have pictures of mine on the car, but I did do a test fit and was very pleased with the fit. I had one of if not the last one of the group that was shipped out with the initial offering. Mine was re-in-forced and also had the splitter installed.

Only issues on mine were that the fender to bumper stud holes hadn't been drilled (no big deal, line it up and drill it), and the fog light mounting variance from stock. That is, the stock bumper has molded studs that the light bolts fasten to, whereas the Cianci bumper has had that area beefed up with additional material to receive mounting screws. Again, Not a big deal, Just not a swap, bolt and go situation.

But overall, I was very pleased with the fitment especially around the lights, alignment to the fenders, and gap to the hood.

The finish although mine hasn't been painted as of yet, was very good. I don't think there will be that much additional prep prior to painting.

I was going to take pictures with the test fit but got sidetracked. Both my wife and I admired how great it looked and how good it fit. Then I took it back apart without pictures.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Thompyt
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

I have attempted to mount the bumper. It is NOT an OEM fit right away. There is some tweaking that must be done first. The left blinker cutout must be massaged, as well as the alignment groove for the nose piece. The holes for the "mouth" mesh is not drilled out. The support stiffener piece, I have yet to figure out how it is installed. It is bolted on with the splitter assy. I would think it would provide more stiffness if epoxied in. The width seems fine, although the angles might be a bit off. I think you must remove some of the Styrofoam bumperette to make some clearance, and then the sides should fit right in. The upper side mounts by the fender are somewhat lacking and not quite a replication of the OEM mount.
It looks great and with a bit of massaging, it will mount well. The edging is a bit rounded for my taste, but does line up pretty well with the hood.

See Posts 92 through 96

Last edited by Thompyt; 11-03-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:31 PM
thegame9377
Racer

I got one and then my shop sent it back after it was nowhere close on the fitment. The hood had a gap, the fenders had a gap, the headlight areas had a gap, and there was no good way to mount the foglights. I ended up having my shop send it back.

Get notified of new replies

To Cianci Z06 front bumper to fit standard C6

Quick Reply: Cianci Z06 front bumper to fit standard C6