C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY CENTENNIAL ZR1 STORY (Condensed Version)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 07:26 PM
HARVEY T.GLUCK
Drifting

Received 651 Likes on 151 Posts

Default MY CENTENNIAL ZR1 STORY (Condensed Version)

This Story STRETCHES over 6 Weeks...and is so Long it would take Pages to Tell....
The Very Short Version is that My Centennial ZR1 was the First Built for Retail Consumption... Being the First one was Important to me, but not enough to Stand in the Way for me Giving it to Rick Hendrick.....
How he saw it was by Sheer Accident, but My Meeting him for the First time was not.....
A Friendship Developed Quickly and I can say that I have made a "New Friend for Life"...and that Quote comes from Rick...
The Adjectives I could use to Decribe the kind of Guy Rick is are ENDLESS..What you see is what you get,,,he Pleasant, Gracious and above all a "TRUE GENTLEMEN"...Forget his inter-reaction with me--he is that way to Total Strangers of any age or Gender...Always a Smile on his Face and he never once Shut anybody down or appeared annoyed at the Constant Barrage of People who Flocked to him.....
I can Honestly say he is one of a kind I am Poud to call him my Friend.....That also goes for Jim Perkins,Christan and his crew...
If anybody wants to hear how this all went down please call me at 516-766-2635........
There are to many People to Thank for this Wondefull Experience and I will cherish for a Long Time.........and from what I was told it will continue in the Future........
Everybody who had a hand in this from GM in Detroit down to the Workers on the line made this a once in a lifetime Event......
I will end this by Saying I was down at BG last week and watched my Second Centennial ZR1 come off the line (Thanks Paul, Lori and Gary) with Vin # 61 which by the way is my 61st New Corvette ( if you count the one that Rick got from me) Take care, and thanks for Listening.......Harvey
Old 09-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Johnny Utah
Safety Car

Location: ,fl.Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

pics of the 61 vettes
Originally Posted by HARVEY T.GLUCK
This Story STRETCHES over 6 Weeks...and is so Long it would take Pages to Tell....
The Very Short Version is that My Centennial ZR1 was the First Built for Retail Consumption... Being the First one was Important to me, but not enough to Stand in the Way for me Giving it to Rick Hendrick.....
How he saw it was by Sheer Accident, but My Meeting him for the First time was not.....
A Friendship Developed Quickly and I can say that I have made a "New Friend for Life"...and that Quote comes from Rick...
The Adjectives I could use to Decribe the kind of Guy Rick is are ENDLESS..What you see is what you get,,,he Pleasant, Gracious and above all a "TRUE GENTLEMEN"...Forget his inter-reaction with me--he is that way to Total Strangers of any age or Gender...Always a Smile on his Face and he never once Shut anybody down or appeared annoyed at the Constant Barrage of People who Flocked to him.....
I can Honestly say he is one of a kind I am Poud to call him my Friend.....That also goes for Jim Perkins,Christan and his crew...
If anybody wants to hear how this all went down please call me at 516-766-2635........
There are to many People to Thank for this Wondefull Experience and I will cherish for a Long Time.........and from what I was told it will continue in the Future........
Everybody who had a hand in this from GM in Detroit down to the Workers on the line made this a once in a lifetime Event......
I will end this by Saying I was down at BG last week and watched my Second Centennial ZR1 come off the line (Thanks Paul, Lori and Gary) with Vin # 61 which by the way is my 61st New Corvette ( if you count the one that Rick got from me) Take care, and thanks for Listening.......Harvey
Old 09-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Xedes
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BLAH BLAH BLAH........where are the pics Harvey?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:36 PM
RobVette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your New Centennial ZR1. I Don't believe i would have given away #1.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'11-'12

You're an awesome guy, Harvey and with all Rick has been up against, you did another great thing.

Im still 1st in line for your next ZR1, so make it a nice one
Old 09-02-2011, 07:48 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,929 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Great story and very generous of you to let the Number 1 go to Rick. I am sure it is something he will never forget and something not many people would do.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

I am sure it meant waaay more to him than you, as you will sell yours in what 4 months anyways?
Old 09-02-2011, 08:23 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Awesome story and I am only 59 Vettes behind you
Old 09-02-2011, 08:27 PM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Harvey, since you're going to sell it in a few months once orders for the C7 are ready, would you mind selling me the centennial ZR1? As it sits, i'm stuck with a black Z06, never driven a ZR1
Old 09-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Very nice, Harvey. Thanks for telling us about it.

And you're only 55 Vettes ahead of me.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:54 PM
sajonf
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HARVEY T.GLUCK
What's with the sporadic capital letters? Just curious, please don't take offense.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:58 PM
TOBASCO
Le Mans Master

Received 138 Likes on 62 Posts
CI 2-4-5-6-7-8-10-11-12 Vet
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '08-'11-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by peter pan
Awesome story and I am only 59 Vettes behind you
DITTO!!

Excellent story! You're a class act yourself, Harvey! Have fun with the new ride!

Old 09-02-2011, 09:01 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Nice story and congrats..Again..lol.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Vette Nut
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harvey, i read about this on the NCM website. Very nice on your part but i already knew all about you from the C5/C6 registry and i have talked a few times by phone with you giving me updates on my new Corvette builds over the year.

Scott in Indiana
Old 09-02-2011, 10:07 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Harvey,

Very nice. We miss you as always. I can't think of many better ways to spend my time then the three days that I got to spend with you while you were here. Mr. Hendrick is one of those one of a kind people that we get to cross paths with as we go through life. Honestly, much like you are. Hope to see you soon.

Paul
Old 09-02-2011, 10:19 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

Harvey, great story. You are also a true gentleman! Now, we'd sure like to see pics of your new ZR-1!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:08 PM
ALD_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was on the phone a few weeks ago with Harvey when he told me this story. I have to admit that it was like reading a novel with a surprise ending. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I can tell you that Harvey was so genuine and excited as the story unfolded. In fact, I was getting jazzed just listening to it.

As was said many times before, Harvey is one of the good guys and I'm glad to know him and sell him a few cars over the years.

Another great HG moment.

P.S. I'm g;ad he finally let the cat out of the bag. I was busting to tell someone for weeks.

Get notified of new replies

To MY CENTENNIAL ZR1 STORY (Condensed Version)

Old 09-02-2011, 11:10 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by bearphoto
Harvey, great story. You are also a true gentleman! Now, we'd sure like to see pics of your new ZR-1!

a classy move, for sure...
Old 09-03-2011, 01:51 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Great story, Harvey. I have to admit that Paul told me about it a few weeks ago but it takes on a whole new meaning coming from you. BTW, have you found a new home for your Supersonic Blue ZR1 yet?
Old 09-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

Received 232 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '16

Class act Mr. G as always.

Quick Reply: MY CENTENNIAL ZR1 STORY (Condensed Version)