C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pioneer AVIC X930BT

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Rbohno
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 35 Posts

Default Pioneer AVIC X930BT

I am considering this upgrade because I need Bluetooth and Ipod connectivity.

Does anyone have any experience with this head unit?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...IC-X930BT.html

I have done business with these guys before and they had great customer service and excellent pricing

Old 09-02-2011, 12:31 AM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

I have the x920bt and love it. It's a great unit with tons of features. The 930 is even better. You'll love it.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Rbohno
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 35 Posts

Thats great news, I was concerned with the ipod interface.

Also there are several write ups concerning the install and the part that appears to be the most tedious would be if you "do not" have factory Bose.
I am in the Charlotte area and Freemans Car Stereo's(chain) said they would do the install for $145. However I don't know if I feel comfortable with someone else installing the unit.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:47 AM
John in MD
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a sponsor on the forum that looks to have pretty much everything you'd need to do the install. He has kits set up that look to be plug and play. His handle is C5 Bearsfan, if you do a search you'll find his posts. Here is a link to his website - www.doubledmods.com

I haven't ordered from him yet, but based on what others have said I plan to do business with him in the near future.

Good luck,

John

Last edited by John in MD; 09-02-2011 at 04:49 AM. Reason: URL did not appear in original post
Old 09-02-2011, 06:40 AM
TRR
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 930 in my truck and love it. I'm thinking about putting one in my Vette. The only thing I don't like about it is the small **** for volume control.

TRR
Old 09-02-2011, 06:51 AM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 661 Likes on 443 Posts

vetfever
Old 09-02-2011, 07:16 AM
TiVoManiac
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put a 130 in mine about 3 weeks ago. So far so good. The Pandora interface is very nice!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Daekwan06
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by John in MD
There is a sponsor on the forum that looks to have pretty much everything you'd need to do the install. He has kits set up that look to be plug and play. His handle is C5 Bearsfan, if you do a search you'll find his posts. Here is a link to his website - www.doubledmods.com

I haven't ordered from him yet, but based on what others have said I plan to do business with him in the near future.

Good luck,

John
Agreed. Get it from Dennis at DoubleD. You wont get a better price that includes his pre-wiring, dash kits, all necessary adapters and invaluable advice. His customer service is absolutely top notch.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:26 AM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Rbohno
Thats great news, I was concerned with the ipod interface.

Also there are several write ups concerning the install and the part that appears to be the most tedious would be if you "do not" have factory Bose.
I am in the Charlotte area and Freemans Car Stereo's(chain) said they would do the install for $145. However I don't know if I feel comfortable with someone else installing the unit.
1st. The iPod interface is great one of the best I've seen and it scrolls.

2nd. It's actually better that you don't have the Bose it's a much easier install and the harness is alot less complicated.

3rd. Don't do it yourself. Leave it to a pro shop there are alot of wires and it gets confusing if you don't have the experience.

Good luck and enjoy!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:28 AM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Oh yea and if you get it from Dennis who's a great guy btw he'll send it pre wired and it will be true plug and play. Nothing but happy customers from him.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:45 PM
TRUOMEGA
Instructor

great unit... I bought one from a stereo shop around my way. Me and my brother did the install. i bought the bezel from Dennis but the stereo itself, pac harness with bose and on-star interface, steering wheel control, traffic module and antenna adapter was purchased from my local store. Took a good 3 hours to install.
Ran into a few snags but nothing too serious. Great unit with lots of features. Go on youtube if you wanna learn how to bypass the e-brake feature.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:47 PM
chupr0kabra
Instructor

Agreed with the positive posts above. I have the X920BT, and it's awesome.

-Mike
Old 09-02-2011, 04:02 PM
gorilla1969
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the X920BT. Overall a nice deck. Lots of tweaks you can do with the sound.

To be fair, I wanted to mention some of my gripes with the unit as well.

The ipod interface is good but have had some occasion where the deck doesn't 'see' my iphone or will not charge it. I'd need to plug and unplug a few times to get it to acknowlege the connection. It could be the connection on my phone perhaps as it's well used. The Pandora integration is great and I use it all the time.

The scrolling touch screen works well overall although it can be slow to react to one's touch or sense one's touch. This can cause mistakes on the screen from time to time.

Overall, I'd recommend the deck. A lot of value for the money. Since you were asking for input regarding the deck, both the bad and the good with my experience.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:29 PM
SRTinNC
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I looked at the 930 but went with the 130 instead. Found a really unbelieveable deal online that made the upgrade a no brainer. I would agree with the earlier posters that the package offered by Dennis makes either the 930 or 130 a great upgrade. The interface is better than just about any OEM system I've tried.

Regards,
John
Old 09-02-2011, 10:54 PM
category4
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gorilla1969
I have the X920BT. Overall a nice deck. Lots of tweaks you can do with the sound.

To be fair, I wanted to mention some of my gripes with the unit as well.

The ipod interface is good but have had some occasion where the deck doesn't 'see' my iphone or will not charge it. I'd need to plug and unplug a few times to get it to acknowlege the connection. It could be the connection on my phone perhaps as it's well used. The Pandora integration is great and I use it all the time.

The scrolling touch screen works well overall although it can be slow to react to one's touch or sense one's touch. This can cause mistakes on the screen from time to time.

Overall, I'd recommend the deck. A lot of value for the money. Since you were asking for input regarding the deck, both the bad and the good with my experience.
A lot of the problems people experience with the iPod interface is the cable. Use only Pioneer or Apple cables. The cheap knock offs on flea bay will almost always cause problems. This was the problem in my case. I got an Apple cable and the problems ceased.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Shysterman69
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Save yourself some coin and purchase the complete plug and play from doubledmods, he is a great forum vendor and the C6 is crazy easy to upgrade your audio system. As mentioned before they will sell you a plug and play kit for deck replacement.

Get notified of new replies

To Pioneer AVIC X930BT

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVIC X930BT