C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifter Clacking? 2005 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Philip.Monty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifter Clacking? 2005 Vette

Just did a ***** thumpr cam swap with 1 7/8" headers and have a sound that sounds alot like a lifter...been told by a couple tuners it might be a exhaust leak...its almost impossible to hear at idle but driving at speed its loud as hell...any thoughts?
Old 08-30-2011, 10:38 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Loose retainer clamps?

I had similar problem at speed and had been their since I got the C6 car in 2006. Only under power would it show up, I thought it was part of "standard noise" of exhaust system. Car had been to dealer many times and they never detected it. Then the other day under light idle, it sounded like their might be a slight "leak and tinny" sound. Lone behold, I got a long stick out and started tapping the exhaust system, thought their might be a loose header or "H" pipe gasket, while tapping got a tinny ring out of the exhaust sytem, the clamps from the headers to "H" pipe were loose and rattling around. Tightened all exhaust clamps up and noise gone, , after 5 1/2 years. I just love the dealers, what a joke . Take a good look at ALL exhaust connections.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Ginny C6
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 6-7-8-9-10-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Might be your rocker arms because of the new cam. Mine sounds like a sewing machine, and was told the cure is different rocker arms. Post over in tech, you'll get answers.

Get notified of new replies

To Lifter Clacking? 2005 Vette

Quick Reply: Lifter Clacking? 2005 Vette