C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

automatic electronics questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 08:54 PM
hig4s
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default automatic electronics questions.

I've read the manual and do not see any info that would answer my questions so I will ask them here.

1. The automatic dimming rear view mirror time delay,, any way to adjust it of turn it off? (my old egads!! Ford minivan double egad!! had an adjustment. Yes I use to own a Ford minivan I'm not proud of it.)
It seems on the freeway at night when someone gets right behind me after no one has been there, it takes longer than I like before the system realizes it and dims the mirror.

2. The automatic climate control, is there anyway to leave it on auto without it jumping to max/recirc air when I first start the car just because it is a couple degrees warmer in the car than what I have the temp set at?.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

1. The automatic dimming control does turn on every time you start the car, but you should be able to use the switch on the front of the mirror to turn it off for that duration of the engine running.

2. In AUTO mode, I don't think there's any way to keep the recirc from coming on.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:04 PM
hig4s
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JimTN
1. The automatic dimming control does turn on every time you start the car, but you should be able to use the switch on the front of the mirror to turn it off for that duration of the engine running.

2. In AUTO mode, I don't think there's any way to keep the recirc from coming on.

I don't want to turn off the auto dim, I want to turn off the delay..

that is what I figured on the recirc..

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:47 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

It isn't an electronic delay you can adjust. It's an electrochromic process that slowly dims the mirror according to how much light the sensor is detecting. There is a liquid/gel inside the mirror that reacts with the signal from the sensor and actually turns the mirror a shade of green that doesn't reflect light as much.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:11 AM
hig4s
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by EVRose
It isn't an electronic delay you can adjust. It's an electrochromic process that slowly dims the mirror according to how much light the sensor is detecting. There is a liquid/gel inside the mirror that reacts with the signal from the sensor and actually turns the mirror a shade of green that doesn't reflect light as much.
My old minivan had a sensitivity adjustment for the auto dim.

I just wish at least once it turned it would just stay that way as long as it was dark out.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,047 Likes on 1,359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by hig4s
I've read the manual and do not see any info that would answer my questions so I will ask them here.

1. The automatic dimming rear view mirror time delay,, any way to adjust it of turn it off? (my old egads!! Ford minivan double egad!! had an adjustment. Yes I use to own a Ford minivan I'm not proud of it.)
It seems on the freeway at night when someone gets right behind me after no one has been there, it takes longer than I like before the system realizes it and dims the mirror.

2. The automatic climate control, is there anyway to leave it on auto without it jumping to max/recirc air when I first start the car just because it is a couple degrees warmer in the car than what I have the temp set at?.
1. Maybe someone can figrue out how to reduce/eliminate the delay, but i haven't heard of it.

2. I've been trying to eliminate that shift into recirc after startup, since the day we got our 2006. Still trying...
But punching off the Recirc button has become almost as automatic to me as fastening the seat belt.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:54 PM
hig4s
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
1. Maybe someone can figrue out how to reduce/eliminate the delay, but i haven't heard of it.

2. I've been trying to eliminate that shift into recirc after startup, since the day we got our 2006. Still trying...
But punching off the Recirc button has become almost as automatic to me as fastening the seat belt.

I didn't realized when I bought a new car I would have to reprogram me

I still haven't deleted that try to remove the key from the ignition before opening the door feature from my brain.

Get notified of new replies

To automatic electronics questions.

Quick Reply: automatic electronics questions.