C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CF side skirts and splitter second best

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 11:59 AM
Chicago Bob
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default CF side skirts and splitter second best

My budget won't allow the stuff from Pat, soooooo......who is everyone's "other" choice. A member here has some from G3 for sale....any good?

Thanks !!

Last edited by Chicago Bob; 08-17-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:05 PM
Lee Cromwell
Pro

Received 211 Likes on 148 Posts

I just installed mine, both splitter and skirts from RPI,, I'd like to think they're the best! Pictures soon, just finished them. The biggest and only downfall with RPI is the wait time, but its worth it!
Old 08-17-2018, 03:12 PM
Shikaitsu
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

Narrowbody or widebody? Either way check eBay. I bought my first splitter and sideskirt combo from TPS but the front splitter said bye bye due to a poor install. Instead of paying close to $500 for another splitter I went the cheap route with $160 eBay special and so far it has held up to 150 mph+ on the road course so I can't be too mad at it.
Alternatively, I've installed the same splitter on my girlfriend's narrowbody and it holds up but it doesn't fit very well. The splitter folds in towards the middle and doesn't seem quite wide enough on the ends. I tried to mold it with a heat gun and it's better but it would still bother me.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:08 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

RPI hydrodipped fiberglass. Fit n finish perfect and very tough.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:11 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Shikaitsu
Narrowbody or widebody? Either way check eBay. I bought my first splitter and sideskirt combo from TPS but the front splitter said bye bye due to a poor install. Instead of paying close to $500 for another splitter I went the cheap route with $160 eBay special and so far it has held up to 150 mph+ on the road course so I can't be too mad at it.
Alternatively, I've installed the same splitter on my girlfriend's narrowbody and it holds up but it doesn't fit very well. The splitter folds in towards the middle and doesn't seem quite wide enough on the ends. I tried to mold it with a heat gun and it's better but it would still bother me.
I also did the eBay thing with the side skirts, splitter and ZR1 style spoiler. Spoiler no problems in the fit and finish, Skirts need some work to fit properly front splitter was junk. Never fir properly no matter what, I just ordered a carbon fiber from RPI. As the old saying goes you get what you pay for. I also went the cheap route as I was not sure with the car lowered just how long the splitter and skirts would last. RPI has good products and they are great customer service people.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:15 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by Chicago Bob
My budget won't allow the stuff from Pat, soooooo......who is everyone's "other" choice. A member here has some from G3 for sale....any good?

Thanks !!
RPI Design has great products and their unpainted front splitter is around $350 and the CF dipped splitter is around $360. I just order the CF dipped.
Old 08-19-2018, 11:45 AM
yellow2007
Melting Slicks

Received 1,077 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by Shikaitsu
$147.00 on Ebay.......installed yesterday. pm me for the vendor name if interested. the first was a disaster and I sent it back
Old 08-19-2018, 12:14 PM
Kenny Rice
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C7 Carbon has nice stuff at a reasonable price .
Old 08-20-2018, 04:59 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,770 Likes on 4,218 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by Kenny Rice
C7 Carbon has nice stuff at a reasonable price .
I have the C7 Carbon fiberglass ZR1 splitter, side skirts and ZR1 extended rear spoiler. Also great customer service compared to anyone else I've purchased from over the last 10 months.
Old 08-24-2018, 01:27 PM
Chicago Bob
Pro

Thanks everyone.....this helps me.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:03 PM
EviLS7
Pro

Received 97 Likes on 87 Posts

When I get my splitter, skirts, diffuser and spoiler im more than likely going with C7 carbon.
Old 08-24-2018, 05:33 PM
Chicago Bob
Pro

Believe I'm going with them also.....seem to be the lowest price with good ratings. They use overlay process....is RPI product solid CF? Anyone know?
"C7" gives extra $100 off if you buy a package.....I need same as you Evil but switch out the spoiler for mud flaps(I have painted spoiler).

Does RPI have a wait I wonder.....
Old 08-25-2018, 02:50 PM
Chicago Bob
Pro

Does anyone know of a business that does not make you wait 2 damn months just to get CF parts? I jus received an estimate for that long on the diffuser....an about 4-5 weeks for the rest....that's dumb.
Old 08-25-2018, 04:23 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Does anyone know of a business that does not make you wait 2 damn months just to get CF parts? I jus received an estimate for that long on the diffuser....an about 4-5 weeks for the rest....that's dumb.
Extreme Online Store on EBay, if you don't want to spend a small fortune then try their splitter and side skirts, comes ABS flat black, you can paint or as Turbo6AT did have them hydro dipper in CF. I kept mine in their original finish
NSF

Old 08-25-2018, 08:05 PM
Chicago Bob
Pro

Looks pretty damn good.

Yep, I checked Extreme Online out....not bad maybe.

Soooo.....who is recommended for dipping that doesn't take like forever?
Old 08-25-2018, 08:21 PM
Not So Fast
Le Mans Master

Received 982 Likes on 711 Posts

Looks pretty damn good.

Yep, I checked Extreme Online out....not bad maybe.

Soooo.....who is recommended for dipping that doesn't take like forever?
Check with Ron (Turbo6AT) for turn around. I believe he had his shipped directly to American Hydro Dipping. They look like a million bucks. I'm sure he will post a photo for you
NSF
Old 08-25-2018, 09:39 PM
Corvettelove
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Just got my splitter and shirts from rpi, got the skirts in a week but took 2 months for the splitter to come, I was told 4-5 weeks on it and was offered a full refund if the wait was to much, Ive bought custom pieces from them before and it normally took that long to get them so I kept the order, 4-5 weeks turned into 2 months.

fit and finish was great and both came with screws and 3m tape.

Get notified of new replies

To CF side skirts and splitter second best

Quick Reply: CF side skirts and splitter second best