C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUD installations in South Carolina *list started*

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 09:44 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Radioman
I sent the info to our Beachcombers Corvette Club. So far, no responses...
I greatly appreciate your help.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:09 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Spoke with John at Pleasant details and said he's going to look into doing a clear bra special.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Pleasant Details
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would like to let those interested in the HUD install in Charleston that we will be hosting the install party and would like to offer a corvette forum member discount on all our services that weekend! That includes Clear Bra Paint Protection, Window Film(one piece rear), vinyl applications, and detailing. Please feel free to check out our website Www.PleasantDetails.com for all our information. You can also reach us at 843 568 0247
Old 08-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts
Tech Contributor

I'm getting anxious, can't wait ...
Old 08-08-2011, 12:32 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

got alot of folks complaining about the stock head units in the corvette. I spoke with Dennis over at DDMods and we're working on doing a package install on this as well. Any one interested a nav blue tooth set up?
Old 08-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Bandit 2010
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Andrew - How do you reassembly the duct you cut ? tape/ heat shrink tube /pop rivet tabs / something so it would be a problem down the line ? Any photos of this portion of install ?

Thanks
Old 08-08-2011, 12:35 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Bandit 2010
Andrew - How do you reassembly the duct you cut ? tape/ heat shrink tube /pop rivet tabs / something so it would be a problem down the line ? Any photos of this portion of install ?

Thanks
I use HVAC tape. I do not have any photos at this point in time but I can do that on the next install if you'd like.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Bandit 2010
Racer

Foil tape or duct tape ? I would think with time tape would come apart - any thought something more permanet - wondering if they sold heat shrink tubing that big ? how big is the duct ? or perhaps a section with hose clamps added - perhaps it is not that important ?

Thanks
Old 08-08-2011, 01:08 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Foil tape or duct tape ? I would think with time tape would come apart - any thought something more permanet - wondering if they sold heat shrink tubing that big ? how big is the duct ? or perhaps a section with hose clamps added - perhaps it is not that important ?

Thanks
Aluminum foil tape. I am sure anything is possible. If it does come apart, I do guarentee my work and will fix it. As for a heat shrink over that large of area I'd be a little apprehensive in doing something in that large of a scale. You're looking at an area of around probably 9 inches in length and around 2-3 inches of depth. You have around 1/4 of an inch room at the top to manuever so anything that would be in the least bit bulky or cumbersome will not work.

I've found that trying to use Gorilla Glue is messy and doesn't necessarily give you a great seal, RTV while may work tends to have a smell and this vent goes to the driver side far vent. I'm fairly open to other ideas or thoughts on sealing up the duct but for now it seems that the best seal and most practical way to seal is via the HVAC tape.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Bandit 2010
Racer

Thanks
Old 08-08-2011, 01:22 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Thanks
no problem, I think the small amount of space kind of limits what you can do in there. On a side note, the vent goes to the driver side far vent. Its actually quite amazing how big it comes off and shrinks down to go through the little far vent.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

The foil tape on my home AC ducts is 15 years old and though dirty, looks as good as new for the most part ...
Old 08-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Archias
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't Charleston (Mt Pleasant) have a Cars and Coffee event on the 3rd? What day would we actually going to do the install? It would be an added motivation to make the trip if I could hit that as well.

/scheme
Old 08-08-2011, 03:55 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Archias
Doesn't Charleston (Mt Pleasant) have a Cars and Coffee event on the 3rd? What day would we actually going to do the install? It would be an added motivation to make the trip if I could hit that as well.

/scheme
I think they do one every Saturday. You're more than welcome to come before or after cars and coffee and get your HUD done.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Archias

/scheme
Cars & Coffee is EVERY Sat. 8-10am at Atlanta Bread at Town Center - Mt. Pleasant. This past weekend had an Audi R8 (!!!), photos attached ...
Attached Images       

Last edited by Thrash; 08-08-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Radioman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=Andrew6;1578354508]Aluminum foil tape. I am sure anything is possible. If it does come apart, I do guarentee my work and will fix it. As for a heat shrink over that large of area I'd be a little apprehensive in doing something in that large of a scale. You're looking at an area of around probably 9 inches in length and around 2-3 inches of depth. You have around 1/4 of an inch room at the top to manuever so anything that would be in the least bit bulky or cumbersome will not work.

I might chime in with "guarantee my work and will fix" how is that possible if I am up here in Norfolk and you're in TX and the thing falls apart....just want some confidence here before the time, effort, and money investment and the chance to meet you and Thrash...
Old 08-08-2011, 06:41 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

[QUOTE=Radioman;1578357328]
Originally Posted by Andrew6
Aluminum foil tape. I am sure anything is possible. If it does come apart, I do guarentee my work and will fix it. As for a heat shrink over that large of area I'd be a little apprehensive in doing something in that large of a scale. You're looking at an area of around probably 9 inches in length and around 2-3 inches of depth. You have around 1/4 of an inch room at the top to manuever so anything that would be in the least bit bulky or cumbersome will not work.

I might chime in with "guarantee my work and will fix" how is that possible if I am up here in Norfolk and you're in TX and the thing falls apart....just want some confidence here before the time, effort, and money investment and the chance to meet you and Thrash...
I'll fly out to Norfolk as soon as I can to fix it. I am not really sure what else to tell you on this. I've never had anyone complain of problems before but if they did I'd immediately fix as soon as I could. If you're having reservations about this, you can come down and watch the process if you don't like the process then you're more than welcome to back out with no hard feelings.

Get notified of new replies

To HUD installations in South Carolina *list started*

Old 08-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

The aluminum duct tape will outlast the car
Old 08-08-2011, 09:28 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Thrash
The aluminum duct tape will outlast the car
lol I bet so. nice pictures of the cars and coffee. If time allows that'd be cool to go see. Where in Charleston do they have it at?
Old 08-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Andrew6
lol I bet so. nice pictures of the cars and coffee. If time allows that'd be cool to go see. Where in Charleston do they have it at?
It's just a mile north down the highway from the tint shop. Some days there are lambos, real hot-rods (rat-fink style), 600 hp ricers and old jags like the atchd (actual - not a kit! - that's a $500K car). Pretty fun and no real fuss ...
Attached Images  

Last edited by Thrash; 08-08-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Quick Reply: HUD installations in South Carolina *list started*