C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Frustrating !!,

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 11:33 AM
topper7788
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 28 Posts

Default How Frustrating !!,

Picked up my new Corvette on Friday.... Unfortunately I had to go to a dealer about 200 miles from my house, on the way home I found a bad vibration once you reached about 68MPH... Obviously it had a bad tire, the car also walked to the right.

on Monday i brought the car to my local dealer and gave the car to my usual writer... Told him it probably had a bad tire plus the car walks right..

He of course said no problem.. Got a message last night all good to go left front tire replaced...

I picked up the car this morning and asked was the alignment off or was the tire the issue... The writer informs me they didn't look at the alignment as per "GM" they aren supposed to look at alignment or balance with a car under 500 miles... now as a former dealer that BS doesn't fly, the service manager can sign off or a call can be made to the service DM etc,.. I ask why since he knows I understand this stuff why they wouldn't just get it handled... did he think i made up that the car was pulling? He says don't worry it's fine.. I used to loose it as a dealer when a writer made bad decisions like this on their own, thats why there is management, I'm assuming he didn't run this by his manager, if he did then the managers an idiot!

Of course as I am getting ready to leave I get the "hey don't forget about taking care of me on the survey". I wanted to answer, hey then why didn't yo take care of the issues I asked you too or at least tell me up front why your not" (then I could have called the manager and gotten it handled)

Well of course I take the car on the Highway and the the good news is the vibration is gone, but of course it still pulls to the right!!!

geez, how F'n frustrating now i have to arrange to take the car in again.... What a unnecessary pain it the aXX....

OK rant done!!!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 11:39 AM
NORTY
Race Director

Received 393 Likes on 247 Posts

By pass the dealership and get a good alignment from a specialty shop.

Let the tech know what kind of driving you plan, so they can set it accordingly.

Be sure to inspect your rocker panels for cracking when the dealership jacked up your car...
Old 07-26-2011, 12:00 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,937 Likes on 4,816 Posts

Having to put up with that kind of ignorance from a dealer is a real pain in the butt. A shame they do not listen to the customer and on top of it tell you all is okay. I would definitely speak with Management whether it does any good or not but at least give them the negative feedback they deserve.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:03 PM
topper7788
Pro

Originally Posted by NORTY

Let the tech know what kind of driving you plan, so they can set it accordingly.

Be sure to inspect your rocker panels for cracking when the dealership jacked up your car...
These are warranty issues, no reason to have to pay to get the car right... Just a issue of a service writer not doing what he was asked... I have used this dealer and writer to service my previous car... While not great he has after some coaching usually gotten the stuff I've asked for done... I'm just a little upset as he knows my background that he would drop the ball on this so to say....
Old 07-26-2011, 12:31 PM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

I fully understand the rant. You have the right to rant and thgat should have been handled so your new car experience isn't tainted. Glad the vibration ais gone at least...

Old 07-26-2011, 12:36 PM
sprtplt
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by topper7788

I picked up the car this morning and asked was the alignment off or was the tire the issue... The writer informs me they didn't look at the alignment as per "GM" they aren supposed to look at alignment or balance with a car under 500 miles...
So, after 500 miles they can just say "not warranty" you must have hit something?
Old 07-26-2011, 12:42 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Pay a good shop $100 and get the alignment done to a tighter spec then the factory does. Your tires will love you for the kind gesture, and will pay you back by giving you better tire life.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:46 PM
topper7788
Pro

Originally Posted by sprtplt
So, after 500 miles they can just say "not warranty" you must have hit something?
From experience, most manufacturers are pretty good at taking care of customers who just bought cars... I have no doubt that GM will take care of it... I was just pissed about having to take it back again when there is no need. They also marked up the door panel while the had the car. just SLOPPY SLOPPY stuff.... The writer knows I am **** and my car is kept perfect. He just should know better.... Maybe time to use a different dealer.... Waiting for him to call me back now... Guess I'll see how they handle it....
Old 07-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Bonefishmak
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trust me I would have said no problem I won't forget to mark you low since you did not do as request nor explain the situation as to why you did not. And given him the thumbs up.

Then said..next time I bet you listen. I'm an a$$ though as I am in Account Management and you always listen to the customer and provide assistance or explain why you did not do or recommend another method. It's just common sense. Luckily my Service Writer is awesome. She listens to everything I say and explains it all to me...very helpful!
Old 07-26-2011, 01:14 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Why bypass the dealer? It's an alignment the OP shouldn't have to pay for. Alignment is simple and straight forward procedure the dealer will do it just fine and cost nothing.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 687 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by topper7788
Picked up my new Corvette on Friday.... Unfortunately I had to go to a dealer about 200 miles from my house, on the way home I found a bad vibration once you reached about 68MPH... Obviously it had a bad tire, the car also walked to the right.

on Monday i brought the car to my local dealer and gave the car to my usual writer... Told him it probably had a bad tire plus the car walks right..

He of course said no problem.. Got a message last night all good to go left front tire replaced...

I picked up the car this morning and asked was the alignment off or was the tire the issue... The writer informs me they didn't look at the alignment as per "GM" they aren supposed to look at alignment or balance with a car under 500 miles... now as a former dealer that BS doesn't fly, the service manager can sign off or a call can be made to the service DM etc,.. I ask why since he knows I understand this stuff why they wouldn't just get it handled... did he think i made up that the car was pulling? He says don't worry it's fine.. I used to loose it as a dealer when a writer made bad decisions like this on their own, thats why there is management, I'm assuming he didn't run this by his manager, if he did then the managers an idiot!

Of course as I am getting ready to leave I get the "hey don't forget about taking care of me on the survey". I wanted to answer, hey then why didn't yo take care of the issues I asked you too or at least tell me up front why your not" (then I could have called the manager and gotten it handled)

Well of course I take the car on the Highway and the the good news is the vibration is gone, but of course it still pulls to the right!!!

geez, how F'n frustrating now i have to arrange to take the car in again.... What a unnecessary pain it the aXX....

OK rant done!!!!!
Sorry to hear about what you went through at the dealership. Please feel free to PM me if you’d like to discuss this further or file a complaint.

Thanks,
Laura
GM Customer Service
Old 07-26-2011, 01:32 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder if GM expects that suspension parts may settle in, or break in, during the first 500 miles? So if they authorize warranty repairs during that time, they may have to pay for it again shortly after? Plus, there'd be no sense in doing it because it may need to be redone anyway? (Sorry, I'm not technical in this way... Just guessing). Still frustrating though. If that's the case, at least the dealer could have explained it better than just saying "GM won't let us..."

Last edited by WAwatchnut; 07-26-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts
Tech Contributor

Couple of weeks ago (a week after getting the used, new to me vert) I dropped off the car to the dealer, with several "on-delivery" probs, one being intense vibrations around 65+ mph. They fixed that with new F1's on the front and a alignment, as well as the other listed things ... no charge and under the dealers "30-day satisfaction warranty."
Old 07-26-2011, 01:45 PM
JLB768
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

This stuff makes me appreciate my dealer/service dept all the more. They have always taken care of me, and even allow me back in the service bay with the Vette. This kind of stuff shouldn't happen though, if they'd just go that extra inch, they might have more people buying Chevrolet's, instead of Dodge's, Ford's, etc. Take care of your customer, your customer will take care of you, very simple formula.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:54 PM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Sorry to hear about what you went through at the dealership. Please feel free to PM me if you’d like to discuss this further or file a complaint.

Thanks,
Laura
GM Customer Service
very cool
Old 07-26-2011, 02:13 PM
topper7788
Pro

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc

Thanks,
Laura
GM Customer Service
Thanks for your concern...PM sent....
Old 07-26-2011, 02:20 PM
topper7788
Pro

Originally Posted by JLB768
This stuff makes me appreciate my dealer/service dept all the more. They have always taken care of me, and even allow me back in the service bay with the Vette. This kind of stuff shouldn't happen though, if they'd just go that extra inch, they might have more people buying Chevrolet's, instead of Dodge's, Ford's, etc. Take care of your customer, your customer will take care of you, very simple formula.
You live in the Midwest where customer service in general is way better than down in here South Florida... I really see the difference after moving back here from St. Louis... In general things you take for granted in the Midwest take asking for special assistance with here.... Here it's what they have to do rather than what they can do...

On a 1 to 10 scale the average customer service from the dealers I dealt with in St. Louis was probably 8., while here about 4... I have found in general I aprieciate good service here way more than when I lived in the Midwest. You kind of just expected it there and here it's special because you don't usually see it....

Get notified of new replies

To How Frustrating !!,

Old 07-26-2011, 03:36 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Does the car pull to the right when on a normal two lane?
Old 07-26-2011, 03:54 PM
topper7788
Pro

Originally Posted by LTC Z06
Does the car pull to the right when on a normal two lane?
Yes, is this a trick question ???
Old 07-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 357 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Quick Reply: How Frustrating !!,