C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a "Wind Restrictor" brand for their vert

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 03:04 PM
CO YGOSLOW
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At the time I bought "Corvette Mods" had the best deal.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:00 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by CO YGOSLOW
At the time I bought "Corvette Mods" had the best deal.
And we still do:
http://www.corvettemods.com/Corvette...d-_p_5860.html
Old 04-23-2012, 03:29 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

http://thedoubleaa.com/cart/index.ph...dex&cPath=7_26
Old 04-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Redshift
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaveVY
There are at least a couple vendors that I have noticed. If you search for 'wind restrictor' you will see a bunch of threads and scanning through these you will see at least a couple vendors show up promoting this product. I know that PFYC is one of them (the vendor sponsoring this "C6 General Discussion" area - their link is at the top right hand of this reading area).

Indeed - thanks for letting people know. For those reading, we've been contributing on this forum since 2000 - one of the longest time vendors on here. We're a major sponsor and a lifetime NCM supporting member. We've been in business online since 1998 and offer not only the industry's best low price guarantee, but also reward points with each purchase. We've also been an official Wind Restrictor dealer longer than almost all vendors out there. Nobody can match us, so give us a shot. Even if someone else has the "best price" we'll match and also give you reward points for your next purchase. Here's our Wind Restrictor page:

Wind Restrictor Logo Wind Screen for 2006-2012 C6 Corvette Convertible at PFYC - PartsForYourCar

Old 08-09-2012, 12:43 PM
mypins
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed mine on a C6 with logo, Corvette wording and red lighting. Looks very cool with my red metallic finish. There is some wobble (about a half inch) when the wind hits it, and sometimes it is a distraction but otherwise works quite well. Got the 12V adapter to avoid hard wiring and I just run the adapter into the center console for easy on-off. At night when the light is on you do need to learn to look beyond the graphics if you are looking over your shoulder or backing up. IN the worse case where it is really dark, just turn it off.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:57 PM
madmxnj
Racer

I installed this a month or so ago, purchased from one of the supporting vendors here. I got the illuminated and etched. The install was a little bit of a pita since I had previously had the interior apart and installed sound dampening in the area that that the brackets go. The little bolts seemed a little flimsy to me, I felt that they were going to shear off when tightening them in the press-in-anchors.

Wind wise, it does exactly what I wanted and expected.

The illumination looks great at night, can't be seen during the day. I wired it to a toggle switch in the console fed off the in-console power outlet.

there is alot of deflection (in my opinion) in the center of the unit when driving. Its not moving at the mounting points, but flexing in the middle. Its plastic. At speed and lit at night the movement is very noticeable in my rear view mirror. I actually wish I didn't get the lighted one, since it makes it that much more noticable. "oh nice vette, whats that lighted thing flapping around".
Old 10-24-2014, 05:34 PM
Lolynbo
3rd Gear

Default Question bout WR AND WATERFALL

Can I use both on my 2013 corvette coupe? Tia
Old 10-24-2014, 05:36 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Lolynbo
Can I use both on my 2013 corvette coupe? Tia
we offer a coupe version
Old 10-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Lolynbo
3rd Gear

Yes just purchased my WR with 60 anniversery flags on it and memorandum for my daughter. In memory of kourtney. But can I still purchase the waterfall as well for 2013 coupe
Old 10-24-2014, 10:25 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 731 Likes on 464 Posts

My buddy was driving with his WR in and his top up, windows down on the highway going around 70 mph when BAM! The back window imploded all over the inside of his car. Reason? The WR formed some sort of suction caused by the combination of all conditions. Freak thing? Maybe. But I'll pass on the WR. This happened last fall.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:57 PM
Scotts vet
Instructor

Default wind restrictor

I have one in my 06 vert and IMO it works nice. Cuts down on the wind and also the noise and all when on the highway. I you put windows up it is very quiet. Mine is lit up with a dimmer control and was easy to wire in.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:04 PM
Lolynbo
3rd Gear

Default But question is

Yes but my question is. ON MY 2013 coupe CAN I USE THE WR WITH THE WATERFALL?

Quick Reply: Anyone have a "Wind Restrictor" brand for their vert