C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vette Was Hit in the MGM Parking Lot Yesterday-Need a Bodyshop in Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 06:55 PM
thetopdog
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Vette Was Hit in the MGM Parking Lot Yesterday-Need a Bodyshop in Vegas

I experienced every Vette owner's worst nightmare last night. I was at the UFC fight at the MGM and had parked my car in the parking garage. When the fight was over, I went back to where I had parked it and was unable to find my car. When I contacted security, they told me a guy in an SUV had run over the front end of my car, tearing off the bumper and doing additional damage to the front end

Making things worse, I had just driven across the country from Boston. I was supposed to leave Las Vegas today to go to LA, but I can't even reach my insurance company until Tuesday because of the holidays. So I'm stuck here in Vegas, my car is all messed up, and I had to rent a cheap room for a few days while I figure things out

Anyway, I would like to know if anybody here can recommend any bodyshops in the Las Vegas area. I am totally unfamiliar with this place, and it's far away from home (I drove about 2500 miles in the past week to get out here). I'd just like to get my car fixed as soon as possible and I want to also make sure whoever fixes it does a good job. I have insurance through a company that is based in New England, so I have no idea what they're going to tell me as far as which bodyshops they will allow me to take my car to, but I want to be as proactive as possible and find a few bodyshops to tell my insurance company about so I can get this situation resolved as quickly as possible

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 07-03-2011, 06:59 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,254 Likes on 708 Posts

Originally Posted by thetopdog
I experienced every Vette owner's worst nightmare last night. I was at the UFC fight at the MGM and had parked my car in the parking garage. When the fight was over, I went back to where I had parked it and was unable to find my car. When I contacted security, they told me a guy in an SUV had run over the front end of my car, tearing off the bumper and doing additional damage to the front end

Making things worse, I had just driven across the country from Boston. I was supposed to leave Las Vegas today to go to LA, but I can't even reach my insurance company until Tuesday because of the holidays. So I'm stuck here in Vegas, my car is all messed up, and I had to rent a cheap room for a few days while I figure things out

Anyway, I would like to know if anybody here can recommend any bodyshops in the Las Vegas area. I am totally unfamiliar with this place, and it's far away from home (I drove about 2500 miles in the past week to get out here). I'd just like to get my car fixed as soon as possible and I want to also make sure whoever fixes it does a good job. I have insurance through a company that is based in New England, so I have no idea what they're going to tell me as far as which bodyshops they will allow me to take my car to, but I want to be as proactive as possible and find a few bodyshops to tell my insurance company about so I can get this situation resolved as quickly as possible

Thanks in advance for any help
Insurance companies cannot tell you what body shops you can use.They can have preferred ones but can't make you use one.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:01 PM
mudfish
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, I read the title real quick and thought it said "Vette was a hit in the MGM..." I clicked hoping to read a cool story about your Vette getting special attention.

Sorry about the car. Unfortunately I can't help out on the Vegas shops since I'm from Boston also.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:25 PM
FAsnakes
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Wow, that's an horrible story.. Sorry to hear.
Did someone move your car? If so, why?

Also, did they get the SUV owners details?

Hopefully you get this sorted out ASAP.
BTW, post in the local / regional thread..
Old 07-03-2011, 07:33 PM
1FASTVERT
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 50 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Sorry to hear about your baby. At least your in an adult playground so you can enjoy yourself and try to forget what happened. Remember what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Good luck!!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:48 PM
vettephyxer
Instructor

Try contacting the local Chevy dealer and see who they use, or call Hertz and see who they might use to patch-up their rental Vette's. Just a thought, sorry about your bad luck in Vegas.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:03 PM
ICE RN
Instructor

That's a damn shame!
Old 07-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Sunset-C6
Le Mans Master

Received 133 Likes on 75 Posts

Old 07-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Rafal
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Must have been a fun ride from Boston though! Where in Boston?

Good luck with everything.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,089 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I feel your pain ... My car was rear-ended 5 hours after I took delivery of it.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:14 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by FAsnakes
Wow, that's an horrible story.. Sorry to hear.
Did someone move your car? If so, why?

Also, did they get the SUV owners details?

Hopefully you get this sorted out ASAP.
BTW, post in the local / regional thread..
More specifically, post here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/southwest-44/

Start using your computer to look up area Corvette clubs. Many presidents/officers may be at home tomorrow. Call them. Explain what you need and why. Maybe they can direct you to a good Corvette repair shop. At the very least, you may get more than one person telling you the same name shop, which means it may be a good one.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:27 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Some names, sites, numbers. Hope it helps you.

1) http://www.vegasvettes.com/

Las Vegas Corvettes Association
P.O. Box 80831
Las Vegas, NV 89180-0831

Phone: (702) 876-5167

2) here's a guy from LVCorv. Assoc.:

Carl Hastings
4742 Sand Hawk Court
Las Vegas, NV 89129-5300
(702) 655-2890
Email: JandCinLV@aol.com

3) Don't know if these are current:

NEVADA

BlackJack Corvette Club - Las Vegas, Nevada
E-mail: vettecollector@hotmail.com
Blackjack Corvette Club is located in Las Vegas. We simply want to enjoy America's greatest sports car and the folks that drive them! Although we are still working on our newly launched website www.blackjackcorvettes.com feel free to take a look around.

Hot Nevada Vettes - Las Vegas, Nevada
E-mail: pbloch1@***.net
Hot Nevada Vettes is an upstart club who boast a young, active group of Corvette owners based in Las Vegas! They are an NCCC club where new members are welcome to join the fun. Meetings are held every third Thursday of the month. Contact: Hot Nevada Vettes, PO Box 33403, Las Vegas, NV 89133 • email: pbloch1@***.net • on the web: www.HotNevadaVettes.com

4) Another:

http://www.calicocruisers.com/

John Williams
702-612-3981

Debby Williams
702-335-9701

Calico Cruisers
329 Rossmoyne Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89030
702-612-3981 Tel
702-988-7063 Fax

5) An '09 post on another site:

Las Vegas, NV: Fairway Chevy sponsors oldest local Corvette club

Fairway Chevy sponsors oldest local Corvette club

May. 29, 2009
Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

Fairway Chevrolet is now the proud sponsor of the Las Vegas Corvettes Association, the oldest standing Corvette club in Las Vegas. Together, they will host events for car enthusiasts, many of which benefit charity.

"This is the 40th year of our dealership being in Las Vegas and the Corvette business has been an important part of it," said Greg Heinrich, dealer principal at Fairway, who owns a collection of 26 rare and vintage Corvettes. "We're pleased to be able to get back with the Corvette club, the premier Corvette club in Las Vegas, and be a part of it and try to help."

Recently, the 240-member club held the fourth annual Corvette Roulette three-day event over Memorial Day weekend to benefit the St. Jude's Ranch for Children.

On June 7, the club will host a charity breakfast to benefit Safe Nest and will participate in a charity ride to raise money for Dave Rooney, a traffic officer with the Metropolitan Police Department who became ill in March.

Larry Leard, who helped found the Corvette club in 1973, said he prefers Corvettes for their world-class performance and Corvettes' surprisingly low gas mileage (26 highway/19 city) makes the cars exempt from the federal gas guzzler tax. Leard owns four Corvettes: a 1964 coupe, two 1984 coupes and a 35th Anniversary Edition 1988.

Club president Connie Gentry said her 1988 Corvette gets 30 to 35 miles per gallon.

Don Kot, new car manager at Fairway Chevrolet, and Heinrich are also club members. Kot owns two convertibles: a 1986 Indy pace car and a 2002.

"You see a car you like and you get one and you've just got to keep one. There are very few Corvette owners who give them up -- they'll either get a new one or keep the old one," Gentry said. "I've only run into a few people who say, 'I used to have a Corvette.'"

For more information, visit the club online at LVCA - Las Vegas Corvettes Association. Fairway Chevrolet is located at 3100 E. Sahara Ave. and can be reached at 641-1400 or online at www.fairwaychevy.com.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 161 Posts

NCRS Regional Information:

Region IX:
Edward Vignone vignone@ieee.org
California, Hawaii, Arizona and Nevada
Old 07-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

To the OP, sorry curiousity has the best of me:

1) Did they actually move your car to another place, and who authorized it?

2) Did Security get the name and essentials of the guy that hit you?

3) Are there any video tapes of the accident (just in case that responsibility becomes an issue)?

Thanks
Old 07-03-2011, 11:56 PM
pmj341
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by Classic-Chevy-Guy
To the OP, sorry curiousity has the best of me:

1) Did they actually move your car to another place, and who authorized it?

2) Did Security get the name and essentials of the guy that hit you?

3) Are there any video tapes of the accident (just in case that responsibility becomes an issue)?

Thanks
Yeah!! what he said!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 03:11 AM
Icetoad
Pro

Time for a wide body conversion.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:47 AM
thetopdog
Pro

Thanks a lot for the info guys

Security moved my car after it was hit, they towed it to a lot in a kind of remote location. They said they had a witness that saw the SUV hit my car, but he only left his first name and no contact info. They were reviewing the security tapes when I last spoke to them but since it was a UFC Fight night and a holiday weekend they were really busy and hadn't found the exact time of the incident on tape

Get notified of new replies

To Vette Was Hit in the MGM Parking Lot Yesterday-Need a Bodyshop in Vegas

Old 07-04-2011, 03:51 AM
keyplyr
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

@ thetopdog

You aren't the guy that was asking if it was safe to park in the MGM parking lot a few days ago are you?

Old 07-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Classic-Chevy-Guy
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Security towing the car sounds really fishy to me. You essentially had a "hit and run" accident and need to police to investigate.

But, by towing the car, they could have screwed up the police investigation and possibly caused additional damage to your car without your permission.

Getting the first name of the witness and no contact information seems really weird to me.

Have you called the police. They can probably put some pressure to get the tapes. I would also start raising the issue with MGM, to make sure that you get the straight story.

Did Security have your keys!!! Maybe they took the car for a joy ride.

So far, in my opinion, you have the adult equivalent of "an elephant stepped on it".

Just my .02
Old 07-04-2011, 08:11 AM
SeanMo
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

My friends own nuncio autobody. Its over by the Rio. They are trustworthy and do insurance work all the time. I've also had them do stuff to my car. Phone is 702-368-4124 if you are interested ask for Victor.

Quick Reply: Vette Was Hit in the MGM Parking Lot Yesterday-Need a Bodyshop in Vegas