C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't post problems/things you don't like about your c6

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 04:47 PM
blackmagicZ
Melting Slicks

Received 400 Likes on 241 Posts

I got a good idea. How about we post things we don't like about our sweethearts?
Old 06-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,509 Likes on 821 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

I like the stunning looks!
Old 06-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 1,016 Likes on 473 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by ITSGRAND
Nah, we would have just as many because if you need to ask a question they don't like old threads being revived and a new one would be created....
true, very true...I saw one just today that was 2 1/2 years old revived....
Old 06-22-2011, 05:09 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by carjo
Enough all ready. Although it's easy to be critical (nothing's perfect you know) I'm sick of all the bitching about what I think are minor issues with the car we all love.

So how about it? What do we like or love most about our favorite car? I'll start: MIND BLOWING PERFORMANCE AND ITS MINE.
People can post either way. People pissing on your thread because you stated an opinion opposed to their opinions is as small-minded as you were for starting this thread dissing them.

With that said, I love my Corvettes because:

A. They look good and draw attention, which can be good or bad depending on the circumstances.

B. For a sports car, they have good quality everything. Not perfect but very good.

C. Their performance in a straight line or on a road course is world class. The base Corvette can be beat by several cars, but we as owners do not have to hang our heads in shame. Nowhere.

D. You can get everything listed in A., B. and C. starting for an entry fee of about $42,000, then maintain it at for very reasonable costs. You can't get that in too many other cars. And Harry, we KNOW the GT-R's capabilities.

Regards.

Last edited by jackhall99; 06-22-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:25 PM
AeroJim
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Enough all ready. Although it's easy to be critical (nothing's perfect you know) I'm sick of all the bitching about what I think are minor issues with the car we all love.

So how about it? What do we like or love most about our favorite car? I'll start: MIND BLOWING PERFORMANCE AND ITS MINE.
I'll post any damn thing I want good or bad about my GS, Who appointed you to be the post moniter? Who cares if you're sick of the bitching.. don't read the post.. typical troll ******* post
Old 06-22-2011, 07:29 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,475 Likes on 2,278 Posts

THE STOCK EXHAUST SUCKS.

Embarrassingly so. Stock Mustangs of all things sound better. C'mon GM.

That said,

These are some of the best looking, best handling, best driving, best riding, best accelerating, best braking, cars available for sale. Anywhere.

Just fix the damn, weakarse honda accord exhaust (ok I'll stop now).
Old 06-22-2011, 07:32 PM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by AeroJim
I'll post any damn thing I want good or bad about my GS, Who appointed you to be the post moniter? Who cares if you're sick of the bitching.. don't read the post.. typical troll ******* post
Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Mrc100
Burning Brakes

Received 98 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
I'm complaining that my vette doesn't go on the water like my ferrari.

Nice model...my friend has one like it
Old 06-22-2011, 08:52 PM
carjo
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Amazing. Everything from raising a free speech issue to being a troll.

All I wanted to do was to pull everyone here together. I mean, we're all Corvette fans right? That's why we all frequent this forum. Yet, we've all got bones to pick with GM, Chevy, DBS, the dreaded nav. system, etc. etc. ad nauseum. Hey, I have sometimes exercised my frustrations here too. So I thought it would be a good idea to get some positive press going, on the Vette. Our favorite ride deserves it, doesn't it?

So, instead of just getting a lot of praise going (did get plenty though) for the car, I got a lot folks all worked up - thinking I didn't like them expressing themselves about their cars. Nothing could be further from the truth. I agree its OK and productive to bitch and moan. (And I never disagreed about that.) But its also OK and desirable to balance it all out with something positive to say once in awhile.

Well, at least I got a lot of you thinking. Mission accomplished.
Save the Wave
Old 06-22-2011, 08:54 PM
gerryt
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My major problem is that it me too damn long to get it.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:36 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,223 Likes on 833 Posts

whatyoutalkinbout LUIS?

Old 06-22-2011, 09:51 PM
DigitalWidgets
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

All I wanted to do was to pull everyone here together. I mean, we're all Corvette fans right? That's why we all frequent this forum. Yet, we've all got bones to pick with GM, Chevy, DBS, the dreaded nav. system, etc. etc. ad nauseum. Hey, I have sometimes exercised my frustrations here too. So I thought it would be a good idea to get some positive press going, on the Vette. Our favorite ride deserves it, doesn't it?

So, instead of just getting a lot of praise going (did get plenty though) for the car, I got a lot folks all worked up - thinking I didn't like them expressing themselves about their cars. Nothing could be further from the truth. I agree its OK and productive to bitch and moan. (And I never disagreed about that.) But its also OK and desirable to balance it all out with something positive to say once in awhile.

Save the Wave
I got your point on the first post, but it was just so fun watching the thread turn into a train wreck that I wouldn't dare help guide it back on point.

If you wanted to get the Forum to unite, next time you might try something like: "Get a Prius, it really is the best car in the world! It's got automatic transmission, gets great gas mileage, doesn't need to be made as a vert and looks so much nicer than that crappy gas guzzling C6 American made plastic junk you're all driving!"
Old 06-22-2011, 10:01 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Don't post problems/things you don't like about your c6

Don't don't = DO
Old 06-23-2011, 12:24 AM
blackmagicZ
Melting Slicks

Received 400 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
whatyoutalkinbout LUIS?

The GOOD, THE BAD, & THE FUGLY.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:13 AM
subseawellhead
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

We are just giving you a hard time

All in fun, better not post in Off Topic

I like everything about my car, unlike some whiney people

Last edited by subseawellhead; 06-23-2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: because
Old 06-23-2011, 09:32 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Save the Wave
A better approach to accomplish what you wanted here would have been just to ask people to post what they LIKE about the car, and all the positives..rather than saying "quit bitching and enough already" and telling everyone your sick of this and that.. you automatically put people on the defensive that way.

Had you just left it simple like that, the thread would have gone a lot better

You made a point by making a somewhat negative thread, and that was the very thing you were trying to get people to avoid, but you did it yourself.

Last edited by FrankTank; 06-23-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:00 AM
SETc6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That my slave cylinder has went out 3 times in the past 6k miles and the stealership wants me to pay 1400 for them to guess whats wrong

Get notified of new replies

To Don't post problems/things you don't like about your c6

Old 06-23-2011, 10:02 AM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

If you pay 65k for a car you've earned the right to beeatch about it.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:02 AM
TheCeleryStalker
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, this is a privately owned forum, so if I am not mistaken your 1st amendment rights do not apply here. We would not be here if we did not love our cars. I love many things and people, but love is not blind and if pointing out a flaw helps to improve something I love, why would I not do that? (in a constructive way, of course).

We can all agree that these cars are a huge bargain as far as performance for the dollar goes. I think most of us can also agree that the interiors suck, but that can be fixed. I don't know many people who have purchased a vehicle without sitting in it. We all knew that the interiors arent that great, yet we purchased our cars. Why is that? Well, I walked away from Porsches in the same price range. The interiors where far superior, no pops or squeaks, but in the end the performance was not on par.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:03 AM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by OnPoint
THE STOCK EXHAUST SUCKS.

Embarrassingly so. Stock Mustangs of all things sound better. C'mon GM.

That said,

These are some of the best looking, best handling, best driving, best riding, best accelerating, best braking, cars available for sale. Anywhere.

Just fix the damn, weakarse honda accord exhaust (ok I'll stop now).

1000 %

Quick Reply: Don't post problems/things you don't like about your c6