C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank God, For Moder Muscle Performance!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 03:31 PM
r2swift
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank God, For Moder Muscle Performance!

Yesterday Took my car to Chevy, and let me tell you, they had my head spinning. I have a major oil leak i know that part, but they where trying to get me to put in a new motor, Telling me that i had a piston loose and the block was cracked, OK i left there thinking i just bought the biggest used lemon in the world, i was up all night on the Internet,to see if there was some way to get my money back, Well there isn't. note: Illinois residents if you buy a used car, get it to someone who can go over everything, because ONCE YOU BUY IT YOU OWN IT and all that is wrong with it, OK back to the story, I called Modern Muscle this morning here in IL.Thanks to the members of this site. I talked to Brad, I told him the whole story and he told to bring it in now, so I get there and right away 3 guys come out open my hood put there ears ON and find it's only a lifter making the noise, What! i don't need a new engine! Wow! i almost wanted to cry, then they found someone (previous owner) spliced into the injector harness to run LS7 injectors and just used tape and then found the fast intake manifold was leaking because someone(previous owner) used the wrong bolts. theres more too but the story's to long. So yea it's there now for the next two weeks for new cam, new roller lifters,rods,head
work,injector harness repair, front seal gasket, new billet fuel rails and a full dyno tune, I couldn't be happier with a shop like Modern Muscle they jumped on my car to ease my mind and I'm customer for life. Thanks to everyone here who told me to go to MM. Oh one more thing they where upfront about the price and time to boot.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:05 AM
d.medic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Sounds like a great group of guys. I too know how fun it is to get a new car and then have things go bad. I have finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel and have been enjoying my car this summer
Old 06-17-2011, 11:24 AM
C6GrandSport10
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck, hopefully everything works out and doesnt cost you too much$$$. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:49 AM
ghostrunner
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It'll be a different car when u get it back.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:26 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 811 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostrunner
It'll be a different car when u get it back.
Good luck with the new found power and no lemon you purchased
Old 06-17-2011, 03:13 PM
r2swift
Instructor

Thanks guys I'm itching to driver her,even in the shape she was in dam! was it a blast, I can only imagine what that car is gonna be like once they are done, I'm leaving for AZ Monday to look at homes and pray my car will done by then. fingers are crossed, I'll keep you all posted, I would like to Record the dyno session but i maybe in still out of town for the big day.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:48 PM
r2swift
Instructor

Well heres the latest news,THE MOTOR IS SHOT! crank,pistons,cam,rods,lifters,heads,blo ck, wow everything, the previous owner did was done wrong, But the guys at modern muscle can save me, it's gonna cost me but they are working with me and thats more than the guy i bought it from wants to do. But there is good news to, just got back from MM and seeing all the damage done by a total moron who from the looks of his skills, has just enough intelligent to keep him breathing, list of the good stuff below.

These are all the new parts going in.

1. Block will be taken 30 more over 60 total Finished it will be 408 CID stroker
2. New crank stroked
3. New Larger heads is the plan, but might just redo the 243's that are on it, MIGHT!
4. New Cam & Lifters, rods too
5. New pistons & connecting Rods
6. New wind-age tray & Oil pump
7. All new bearings
8. New Balancer
9. All new ARP bolts through out
10. New great big old clutch
11. Injector harness repaired
12. Basic tune until she gets broken in 500 miles or so, then ***** out final tune MM style

Reusing the LS7 injectors,Fast intake Man,CAI and thats it. oh yea! the headers are good to. When all is said and done the guys will have me at approximately 500 to 550 whp at a reusable cost, giving all that needs to be done, the price is right. Thank you again to everyone who pointed me in the Right direction Modern Muscle. I can be sad about the money, but i bought it and have to pay to get it right, to everyone: find you a shop like MM and don't buy a used car without a good shop. Or you will end up like I did.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:53 PM
d.medic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by r2swift
Well heres the latest news,THE MOTOR IS SHOT! crank,pistons,cam,rods,lifters,heads,blo ck, wow everything, the previous owner did was done wrong, But the guys at modern muscle can save me, it's gonna cost me but they are working with me and thats more than the guy i bought it from wants to do. But there is good news to, just got back from MM and seeing all the damage done by a total moron who from the looks of his skills, has just enough intelligent to keep him breathing, list of the good stuff below.

These are all the new parts going in.

1. Block will be taken 30 more over 60 total Finished it will be 408 CID stroker
2. New crank stroked
3. New Larger heads is the plan, but might just redo the 243's that are on it, MIGHT!
4. New Cam & Lifters, rods too
5. New pistons & connecting Rods
6. New wind-age tray & Oil pump
7. All new bearings
8. New Balancer
9. All new ARP bolts through out
10. New great big old clutch
11. Injector harness repaired
12. Basic tune until she gets broken in 500 miles or so, then ***** out final tune MM style

Reusing the LS7 injectors,Fast intake Man,CAI and thats it. oh yea! the headers are good to. When all is said and done the guys will have me at approximately 500 to 550 whp at a reusable cost, giving all that needs to be done, the price is right. Thank you again to everyone who pointed me in the Right direction Modern Muscle. I can be sad about the money, but i bought it and have to pay to get it right, to everyone: find you a shop like MM and don't buy a used car without a good shop. Or you will end up like I did.
Man you are going through almost the exact same thing I did. Glad you found a good shop to help you out.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:32 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Well heres the latest news,THE MOTOR IS SHOT! .
So the dealership was right.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:37 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Yesterday I took my car to Chevy, and let me tell you they had my head spinning. I have a major oil leak I know that part, but they were trying to get me to put in a new motor. Telling me that I had a piston loose and the block was cracked. OK I left there thinking I just bought the biggest used lemon in the world. I was up all night on the Internet to see if there was some way to get my money back. Well there isn't. Illinois residents if you buy a used car get it to someone who can go over everything, because ONCE YOU BUY IT YOU OWN IT and all that is wrong with it. OK back to the story. I called Modern Muscle this morning here in IL. Thanks to the members of this site, I talked to Brad, I told him the whole story and he told to bring it in now. So I get there and right away 3 guys come out open my hood put there ears ON and find it's only a lifter making the noise. What! I don't need a new engine! Wow! I almost wanted to cry, then they found someone (previous owner) spliced into the injector harness to run LS7 injectors and just used tape; and then found the Fast intake manifold was leaking because someone (previous owner) used the wrong bolts. There's more to it but the story's too long. So yea it's there now for the next two weeks for new cam, new roller lifters, rods, head work, injector harness repair, front seal gasket, new billet fuel rails and a full dyno tune. I couldn't be happier with a shop like Modern Muscle. They jumped on my car to ease my mind and I'm customer for life. Thanks to everyone here who told me to go to MM. Oh, one more thing, they where upfront about the price and time to boot.
Some what fixed for readability.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:17 PM
d.medic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by LTC Z06
good point, kind of forgot about that. He is still in a better place to have his car rebuilt with mods.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:05 PM
r2swift
Instructor

lol! yea the dealer was dead on, but u know how it is, sometimes you don't want to admit your baby is ugly, lmao. Soon this will be all be behind me.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:07 PM
r2swift
Instructor

Some what fixed for readability.
Thanks I was trying to make it short and to the point. But good looking out.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:45 PM
r2swift
Instructor

Update! Stopped in Modern Muscle yesterday to figure out the specifics, We are going with More new parts , Custom one off top-end package: Fast 102 intake, 102 TB, mild lope cam, New Heads( Rectangle port), and a few other things I have to wait to give specifics until it's all tuned, But I can tell u this, It is going to make Monster N/A HP's. I will keep updating, Thanks all for your interest.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:57 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I laughed pretty hard about them saying "it's only a lifter" and then the whole motor being shot like the chevy guys said.

You're spending a LOT of money. I hope it turns out just right and hope you make well north of 500 rwhp in a 408 stroker.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:04 PM
r2swift
Instructor

Whole new direction now. I wish I could just make up my mind, Gonna drop a new LS3 in and maybe MM custom cam, I think I'm starting to be a pain in there butts, LOL! but what ever way I go, I'm more than positive they do great work.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:54 PM
softballer
Melting Slicks

Whole new direction now. I wish I could just make up my mind, Gonna drop a new LS3 in and maybe MM custom cam, I think I'm starting to be a pain in there butts, LOL! but what ever way I go, I'm more than positive they do great work.
So far they misdiagnosed your car, and wanted to sell you what looks like 15k worth of upgrades.

Maybe you should wait until they actually fix the car to your satisfaction and at a reasonable cost.

Guarantee the dealership would have dropped a new ls3 in there by now and you would be back on the road.

Good luck, hope it works out.

Get notified of new replies

To Thank God, For Moder Muscle Performance!

Old 07-07-2011, 10:04 PM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,022 Likes on 567 Posts

good luck with the build.How long have you had this car? And i take it the previous owner botched the work. Man i feel for ya, that would really suck. But Modern Muscle will fix you up...
Old 07-07-2011, 10:24 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta believe you didn't learn much from buying a C6 with a highly modified engine if your going to drop in a new LS3------and then screw it up with a custom cam. Good grief, sounds like your a real glutton for punishment.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

You wont be a pain in their a$$, as long as your wallet is still fat!

Good luck on the project. Hope you get er back soon!

Quick Reply: Thank God, For Moder Muscle Performance!