C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to buy "New" 2011 C6?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 10:54 PM
GS-Zero
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I have some polished Ace Slick wheels laying around. They look like the Z06 wheels. They're not in the best shape ever, but you can have them for a song and a dance if you like. Let me know. And enjoy your car!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:04 PM
sdurg24
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

I got my 2011 GS this March after ordering it through Tommy JR at MacMulkin in Nashua, NH. It is a cyber gray coupe with M6 and F55. I love the dual mode exhaust with the M2W fob. I get a lot of comments on the sound and the GF likes the "quiet" mode. The optional comp gray wheels draw lots of looks and I think really sets the car off. I ordered the 2LT because I couldn't afford the 3LT. I miss the head up display and the memory package I had in my other 2 C6's. Check out the two tone titanium interior on my profile page (sorry the pics aren't better) as I put a lot of thought into this option with the embroidered C6 emblem. Everyplace I go I get many positive comments on this special machine. I just love it and can't wait to take it to Watkins Glen.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,089 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by ncvette_1FUNRIDE

Like previous poster said, if you plan to put OEM Z06 wheels on a regular coupe, you should at least plan on changing out the rear quarter panels.

If you don't change out the rear quarter panels you really run the risk of busting up your panels if you hit a pot hole PLUS they will look bad because they will stick out 1/2" to 3/4" past the fender's edge.
Your right ... Installing GS / ZO6 wheels on a base coupe will result in the wheels sticking out too far. Not only can this damage the fenders, but just don't look right either.

The difference in price between a 1LT base coupe and a 1LT GS is exactly $6,000.

I would bet that you would spend at least that much making your base coupe into a "wide booty' by changing out the front and rear fenders and having them painted.

Not to mention that the Grand Sport with A6 tranny has the bigger Z06 brakes, bigger stabilizer bars, different shocks, performance axle ratio, cold-air inlet hood scoop and rear splash guards that the base coupe don't have.

Install all that stuff on a base coupe, and it will cost you way more than the $6,000 price difference.

And when it comes time to sell the car, the base coupes VIN # will still show the car as a base coupe and not a GS. That will make a difference in the price you can get for the car, even though you installed the wide fenders.

There is nothing at all wrong with the base coupe, but if you want GS /Z06 sized wheels on it ... trying to turn it into a wide-booty will cost you more money after all is said and done.

Just something to think about.

Last edited by Turbo6TA; 06-04-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:16 AM
c6chaz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

traded my 2010 black gs, $67.795 sticker for a torch red 2011 $ 69.220. the 2011 has ride control and gen 2 tires. 2011 seems faster and handles much better?
Old 06-05-2011, 06:29 AM
rgauchey
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Isn't the base the one with the blank pod buttons? Or are they only the ones lacking HUD that are blank?
Old 06-05-2011, 10:08 AM
00vettefan
Instructor

Thanks for everyones comments. I may just rethink this purchase and move up to 2LT or 3LT. I know for resale it would be the best decision, but I plan on keeping this one forever....just like I planned on keeping my last one forever.

Like all...one can only hope that a new vehicle purchase is "trouble free"....guess that is why warranty is provided. I have purchased lots of new cars throughout my life and does seem GM quality and realiablity has improved tremendously, but my next one could destroy that statement.

Again, thanks for the feedback and go drive your vette! See you on the road or at some car show!

Ken
Old 06-05-2011, 12:31 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by rgauchey
Isn't the base the one with the blank pod buttons? Or are they only the ones lacking HUD that are blank?
Any C6 without HUD will have blank pod buttons (left side). This includes 1LT and 2LT base (i.e. non-Grand Sport) and Grand Sport coupes and convertibles. All C6 Z06s and ZR1s have HUD, regardless of trim level.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:37 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by 00vettefan
Thanks for everyones comments. I may just rethink this purchase and move up to 2LT or 3LT. I know for resale it would be the best decision, but I plan on keeping this one forever....just like I planned on keeping my last one forever.

Like all...one can only hope that a new vehicle purchase is "trouble free"....guess that is why warranty is provided. I have purchased lots of new cars throughout my life and does seem GM quality and realiablity has improved tremendously, but my next one could destroy that statement.

Again, thanks for the feedback and go drive your vette! See you on the road or at some car show!

Ken
If you intend to keep the "forever" or even for just a long time, do yourself a favor and get at least 3LT (if not 4LT). I also recommend getting navigation (available only with 3LT or 4LT). Be assured that you'll continue to enjoy the benefits of the extra features long after you forget about how much you paid for the car. A lot of people have post-purchase regrets for not getting a better-equipped car; not many say, "I wish that I didn't have all of the extra features."
Old 06-05-2011, 12:52 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
If you intend to keep the "forever" or even for just a long time, do yourself a favor and get at least 3LT (if not 4LT). I also recommend getting navigation (available only with 3LT or 4LT). Be assured that you'll continue to enjoy the benefits of the extra features long after you forget about how much you paid for the car. A lot of people have post-purchase regrets for not getting a better-equipped car; not many say, "I wish that I didn't have all of the extra features."

When I got my '11 Grandsport I knew I needed 3LT because my '04 had the HUD and the memory package.

Even though I've trimmed down, I still like the auto-exit feature for getting out of the car. Makes it much easier when you're 40 and don't bend like a 17 year old anymore.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:23 PM
calmtgguy
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 00vettefan
Hello, just sold my C5 last week. Probably going to jump in and buy a new 2011 C6. Base..1LT...only option automatic. I will immediately put new OEM Z06 wheels on it. Then the mods will begin! I can always change seat colors, door panels, knee bolster, glove box. I can do that kind of work myself. It will just be my toy; not a track car.

I would like to hear from "New" corvette owners. Pros and Cons. I personally like the C6 very well. Just want to hear other owner's thoughts. What kind of warranty issues and such?

Will appreciate your input,

Ken
Do yourself a BIG favor, buy a low mile, used, 2008 or 2009.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:48 PM
wirebender
Heel & Toe

Just got a 2011 coupe crystal red. 3LT, nav, auto, npp. Only 175 miles. Handles great, a lot better than my old 78. Wife even loves it. Go for it
Old 06-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Z16chevelleguy
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whether buying a brand new or used I will never buy a stripped down version again. When I bought my 07 the summer of 08 I had no clue what i was looking for. The only thing that I was thinking was $$$$$$$$.
Well I was lucky and found a 2LT but....... had i known I would of looked for a 3 or 4. My wife has commented several times after I finished installing different items, "Why didn't you just buy one with everything on it?" Can I order a ZR1 Dear?
I say if its a money issue- Wait until you can afford the upgrades. All my upgrades have cost me $$$$$$$ and many do not make the car worth as much as a factory installed car.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:29 PM
moolys
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

keep us informed on what you are getting the C-6 is a very nice car in any trim levels
Old 10-02-2011, 12:24 PM
00vettefan
Instructor

I happen to stumble back onto this previous thread. I had never ever posted what I bought.

I whimped out buying new. I found a 1 owner,original owner ordered new, 2006 3LT A6 coupe with 11,930 miles. Original owner bought new 2011 GS and had just traded 06 into his original dealer. I flew down, bought it on July 2, 2011 in Houston Tx. and drove back to Okla. I bought it as a GM certified..which means I got 12 month/12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. The car is like brand new...had original window sticker and all original books, cds, and even the original factory airbag warning label hanging out out the glove box. The factory sticker on driver side glass for 1 800 chevy..for assistance remains. The front license plate holder is still wrapped in plastic, as from the factory and in the back compartment. The owner even left a Lloyds mat in the rear compartment. The car smelled of new!

I am impressed with the C6 over the C5 and the 400HP. It is very fast and I like the Auto paddle shift. It is like having a manual and an automatic...the best of both worlds.

I do plan to buy a new 2013 GS before the C7 comes out. All indications are that 2013 will be the last model year for C6.

I appreciate all who left comments of advice and wisdom.

Ken

Quick Reply: Going to buy "New" 2011 C6?