C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally a cop not looking to be a di**

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 10:14 AM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Default Finally a cop not looking to be a di**

So I pull out of my driveway this morning and right away a cop is behind me. I immediately grab my license and pba card just waiting for the inevitable flashing lights in my rearview. To my surprise he pulls up beside me and says please hit it I love watching these cars go. I gave him a smile and said sure.... Just a quick first gear pull. He again came beside me complimented me on my beautiful ride and told me to have a great day. Now truth be told I do NOT like cops, way to many self entiltled ****** out there but this one was quite decent and turned out to be a nice guy. So it was a nice start to what's going to be a beautiful 80 degree day.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Stogie Lover
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by brooklync5
Now truth be told I do NOT like cops, way to many self entiltled ****** out there
You are entitled to your opinion, but I could not disagree more.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:33 AM
james2292
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stogie Lover
i have met lots of Genuinely nice cops. Out of all my run-ins with the law I would have to say 95% percent of the time it has been a pleasant experience . Even when I am getting a ticket

Last edited by james2292; 06-02-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:34 AM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

And you are entitled to yours. Don't get me wrong there are some really cool cops out there and I'm friends with many but in my neighborhood (which is a very good one) cops just have nothing to do. I can't count how many times I've been pulled over for random bs. Not stopping at a stop sign when I not only stopped but waited like 5 seconds before going again knowing that it's a common spot for police to wait. And my favorite reckless driving for going around a pot hole and crossing the double yellow to do so. I won both cases without the help of a lawyer but this is the kind of thing Im talking about. Oh and my favorite I had a 22 year old officer tell me to adress him as sir. WHAT???? He got adressed as something but it certainly wasn't sir.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:35 AM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by Stogie Lover
with your post...But never with your avator.......Never to old
Old 06-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I can't imagine a LEO would suggest you "hit it" on a public street? I know a few cops...they like the Corvette and all but none would jeopardize public safety or their job by suggesting someone break the law.

Fortunately, you can dislike cops (and think many are "self entiltled ******") and they'll still lay their life on the line to protect you. Just like people everywhere, there are good ones and not so good ones.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Stan0324
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 109 Posts

Wouldn't you have been surprised if after you hit it, he pulled you over and gave you a ticket.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Crowhater
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now truth be told I do NOT like cops, way to many self entiltled ****** out there

I have 3 leo in my family, sister and brothers. When you get them together out come the cop stories. To hear them talk the world is two types of people, Law enforcment and then us. I have met some good officer but most of the time they are small town officer.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:00 AM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Stan0324
Wouldn't you have been surprised if after you hit it, he pulled you over and gave you a ticket.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:12 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne O
I can't imagine a LEO would suggest you "hit it" on a public street? I know a few cops...they like the Corvette and all but none would jeopardize public safety or their job by suggesting someone break the law.
I seriously doubt public safety was jeopardized
Old 06-02-2011, 11:13 AM
427PWRD
Racer

Originally Posted by Stan0324

I actually got caught by an enforcement motorcycle officer. I've always taken the position of, if I know I was wrong, I will admit to 100% of it. And I've noticed that when I do that, they become really polite, respectful, and sometimes just issue a warning. Well, on this stop, 3 officers came to back up. It was early morning, nothing else must have been going on. They all crowded around my car, and one asked if I would rev it, because he wanted to hear the exhaust note. No no no, I knew better than that! Then he asked how fast I've gotten it. I said "80, on the highway" and left it at that. Not saying he had any alterior motives, because he was a fairly young guy, looked interested in cars. But, I wasn't going to take any chances, on my birthday at that!...
Old 06-02-2011, 11:20 AM
MARSC6
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

I've also seen wasted off duty cops leave a bar and drive. They're still just people and there will always be a few bad ones.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:24 AM
jcosta79
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

WOW!

I didn't know a 1st gear pull did all of that!!!

You must be the life of ALL the parties!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:26 AM
MuscleVette
Racer

I have multiple LEO friends. They are all really good guys and while I don't agree with them on everything, I do like them as people.

I have also met many LEOs that are arrogant, power-hungry types. And within my circle of LEO buddies there is one that is a *****. A few weeks ago he was complaining that the judges here don't side with cops 100% of the time like in some small town up north where a cop's word was equal to God's. Literally that is what he said. The other cop (a buddy of mine) told him that frankly it shouldn't be that way and that we had to earn the public's trust.

In my mind, a LEO is a person and a well trained one at that with certain responsibilities. It doesn't make him God though. Young idiots who think they are above the law because they enforce the law don't get much respect from me.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:31 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Many cops are great guys.

Many also can't handle the power that comes with the position.

There's always good and bad.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:36 AM
427PWRD
Racer

Originally Posted by MuscleVette
In my mind, a LEO is a person and a well trained one at that with certain responsibilities. It doesn't make him God though. Young idiots who think they are above the law because they enforce the law don't get much respect from me.

Some officers do take their "power" a little too far at times. But IA is really good at investigating those complaints and disciplining appropriately. At least around here. I respect LEO's greatly, considering the rigorous and intense 6 month training they have to go through. It's very tough.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:40 AM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by jcosta79
WOW!

I didn't know a 1st gear pull did all of that!!!

You must be the life of ALL the parties!
A real dangerous situation.

Get notified of new replies

To Finally a cop not looking to be a di**

Old 06-02-2011, 11:41 AM
jcosta79
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

The only nice cops I have met in Texas (they seem to be A LOT nicer in other states) have ALL been either detectives or involved in something other than patrolling the streets.

ALL the cops that have ever pulled me over (in Texas) have all treated me like garbage and a few have even given me a hard time because of my ethnicity. (I'm half Puerto Rican and half Italian... you can guess which half they have a problem with)

I'm not saying they are bad people because I don't know them personally. I can only tell you how I was treated, which was with disrespect and disdain.

What really got me mad was one time I was stuck on the side of the road for almost 6 hours on a major highway near Houston (Highway 45) being passed by DOZENS of police cars with no one even looking at me. Finally after a family member came to help me the first cop to stop in over 6 hours threatened to give me a ticket if I did not move my car further off the road. DIDN'T EVEN ASK ME IF I NEEDED HELP!!!

I have had a very strong opinion about cops ever since then that is very similar to the OP's.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:42 AM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
Many cops are great guys.

Many also can't handle the power that comes with the position.

There's always good and bad.
but today is the first time in a long time I've come across a decent one.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:57 AM
d.medic
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default so true

Originally Posted by Crowhater

I have 3 leo in my family, sister and brothers. When you get them together out come the cop stories. To hear them talk the world is two types of people, Law enforcment and then us. I have met some good officer but most of the time they are small town officer.
I get to work with police all the time. You should here some of their stories. Most think it's cops against the world. A friend of mine is married to one that brings home his dash cam videos to show her how tough he is. Like others, I think some are very good, but the job and the abuse they take from the minority lead to them being an *** to the majority.

Quick Reply: Finally a cop not looking to be a di**