C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Women....

Old 06-01-2011, 07:55 PM
lovinmywheels
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Women....

Hi, This thread is for all you women/ladies/girls/chicks that drive Corvettes. I have been reading the forum for a few months and not that I mind, they are people too.... but it seems to be mostly from and about MEN ! I am 58 and my husband and I have always liked sporty cars, big SUVs, I actually drove an H2 for a few years..., and a few antique muscle cars thrown in. I always enjoyed taking the 68 vette out for a drive, it was well restored on the outside but not so much on the inside and I longed for the corvette experience with air conditioning (It gets over 100 here frequently) and other assorted percs, like a radio that sounded awesome. You get the drift, anyway I was in Spokane one day and saw this beautiful 2011 GS with manual transmission in Crystal Red in the Appleway Chevrolet showroom, I road tested it and bought it that day, I was in love. Two months later I find myself getting cranky if I don't get to drive at least every other day. Smooth handling, power to spare, the only problem I have is that the Grandkids think Grandma has moved because they don't see me as much! Anyway, lets hear your story of how you became a Corvette babe, what you like to do or where you go when you hit the road!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 395 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Not a babe, just wanted to say congrats on the BEAUTIFUL GS! That color is awesome!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:09 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Welcome to the Forum!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your new GS!! Enjoy the car and the Forums.

There are quite a few ladies here, just that most don't post much. Maybe the ladies need to start and participate in a Forum Social Group......if there isn't one already. Check the Social Groups in the "Quick Links" list in the red menu bar above.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:32 PM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

Hi Patti! Welcome to the forum. You have a beautiful GS.

I have been on the forum for about 3 years now. I sometimes feel like I'm about the only woman that posts although some appear on occasion (TonyasC6, Shellygraham, DebredZR1GSvert). And, I have to admit that I've taken some pretty good licks from some of the 'guys' here but I'm tough skinned and have learned a ton. And these guys make me laugh on a daily basis.

I have wanted a vette since I was 18. I'm 53 now. We never could afford one - or so I thought. We came so close to buying a '78. It was a hot car. Then we almost bought a Trans Am. That didn't happen either. So, I've driven an AMC Gremlin (my very first car at 16), a Malibu (pretty sporty ), a Suburban (for 10 yrs), a Yukon, an F-150 King Ranch, 4WD Excursion (still have and drive both trucks) and now 2 vettes.

When I turned 50, I decided that I had waited long enough. I've always loved cars and loved going to races. My Mom and Dad and I used to go to the drag strip when I was a kid. So for my 50th I treated myself to a trip to Manitoba to see the polar bears migrate (my dream trip) and a new 2008 VR Coupe (dream car). Well, those 2 things changed me as a person.

I hate not being in the vette. I drive the trucks but only if I 'have' to. I drove my '08 as my DD for 150 mile rd. trip to/from work for over 2 years. I retired a year ago. I treated myself to a trip to Bondurant for some race training (which told me I needed a stick) and most recently bought a ZR1 with my severance (that I volunteered for). I plan to make my trip to Spring Mountain some time in the fall. I still get a thrill from driving my '08. I'm in love with the ZR1. My husband is no longer sure who I really am. I even built my own garage to house my cars.

I don't mind bantering with the guys or hanging out with them and talking cars and learning what I can. I've made some good friends on the forum and truly value their ideas and opinions and knowledge.

SO, you will see me post quite a bit. I hope to see you more on the forum.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:37 PM
tampatopless
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice post, Texas. And welcome to CF Lovinmywheels.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:53 PM
FeveredDreams
Advanced

I fell in love with a 69 midnight blue convertible when I was 13, since then Corvettes have always been my 1st love when it comes to cars. I just plain love driving my vette and enjoy putting the top down as long as it's not raining or snowing (I just crank up the heater on really cold days). Been known to cruise up to Cheyenne for lunch......no, not particularly for the food, just to hit some nice open highway!

The guys on the forum have always been really nice and the knowledge that is shared is amazing.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:08 PM
tonyasc6
Drifting

Well, I'm kinda the same as Lisa. My other 1/2 wonders what has happened to me. . I spend quite a lot of time piddling on my car. I bought it in Oct of 09. /09 coupe. I am a previous Camaro owner.. never thought I would actually have a Corvette but the opportunity came up & I "jumped on it".. these guys here on the forum do have me laughing most everyday.. I have learned a ton also. I enjoy cleaning,working & piddling on my car. I have been told I'm obsessed. its not my dd but I'm ok with it, the work parking lot is. ...

Tonya.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:05 PM
tina0011
Cruising

Default The other man lol

Thats what I call me Vette lol I have always wanted one every since I can remember.But I also wanted to make sure I was mature enough to have one thats one of the main reasons I waited till now age 39.Also my last baby at home will start school next month.I too get aggravated when I cant drive him lol. Mine is a 2006 C6 rag top
Old 07-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Patti welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your Corvette !

...all Corvettes and their owners
Old 07-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Hello all, I don't think I have ever posted before on the forum, too busy running our business so my husband Mr. firefighter Racer can do all the playing on the forum. He tells me he is the most liked guy on here. I DOUBT THAT!! When not working I am playing soccer and Volleyball. Mr. Racer made the mistake of buying me a 1974 Corvette back in 1982 right after we got married, HOOKED forever.

I am lucky Tony (Racer) loves Vettes and as soon as I got mine I sit back and new exactly what would happen, he would mod it and mod it and mod it some more, with his money, haha!

I drive my Vert everyday during spring, summer and fall, except when it needs washing or fuel, then I park it on the driveway and tell Tony and he does it...yes spoiled.

Anyways, I love my Vert, it is my baby! Time to go out for supper, but we are taking Papa Bear (as Tony calls it, mine is mama bear, he is so childish sometimes!!)

Bye for now,

Debbie

Oh, and I hate his avatars, but it is better than him playing with the real thing or should I say things, MEN!! LOL
Old 07-16-2011, 08:39 PM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Received 791 Likes on 383 Posts

Heck with the cars, how about some pics
Old 07-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Dulimon
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Racer
Hello all, I don't think I have ever posted before on the forum, too busy running our business so my husband Mr. firefighter Racer can do all the playing on the forum. He tells me he is the most liked guy on here. I DOUBT THAT!! When not working I am playing soccer and Volleyball. Mr. Racer made the mistake of buying me a 1974 Corvette back in 1982 right after we got married, HOOKED forever.

I am lucky Tony (Racer) loves Vettes and as soon as I got mine I sit back and new exactly what would happen, he would mod it and mod it and mod it some more, with his money, haha!

I drive my Vert everyday during spring, summer and fall, except when it needs washing or fuel, then I park it on the driveway and tell Tony and he does it...yes spoiled.

Anyways, I love my Vert, it is my baby! Time to go out for supper, but we are taking Papa Bear (as Tony calls it, mine is mama bear, he is so childish sometimes!!)

Bye for now,

Debbie

Oh, and I hate his avatars, but it is better than him playing with the real thing or should I say things, MEN!! LOL
LOL...as we have all thought...you wear the pants and the bread winner

Last edited by Dulimon; 07-16-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:42 PM
inthehunt2
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ladder13
Heck with the cars, how about some pics
Old 07-17-2011, 12:39 AM
kedar
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I am lucky Tony (Racer) loves Vettes...
good thing Mr. Racer picked up the ZR1, we were beginning to wonder about his affinity for vettes since Ms. Racer drove the convertible vette and Mr. Racer drove the F430.

joking aside, this is a good forum that welcomes everyone. the most outspoken people happen to be men, but women add a new perspective and are always welcome.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:01 AM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

Debbie

Mrs. Racer finally posting. Good for you Debbie that you two share the passion. It sure makes it more fun, more competitive and easier to explain where the money went for the mods.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:29 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Hello all, I don't think I have ever posted before on the forum, too busy running our business so my husband Mr. firefighter Racer can do all the playing on the forum. He tells me he is the most liked guy on here. I DOUBT THAT!!
You are correct about that

When not working I am playing soccer and Volleyball. Mr. Racer made the mistake of buying me a 1974 Corvette back in 1982 right after we got married, HOOKED forever.
I don't doubt that he has made many mistakes, but I'm guessing marrying you was not wone of them

Gee, we had no idea he had his own money

As it should be. I don't trust my wife to wash her own car or put gas in it either

You got that last part right

Bye for now,

Debbie

He said those avatars are his girlfriends. You mean they aren't???

Thanks for posting ladies.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Xedes
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bye for now,

Debbie

FINALLY you post!! I've been telling Racer to put you behind the keyboard for awhile now. I hope he's in the kitchen making you a sammich.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Women....

Old 07-17-2011, 12:55 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,400 Likes on 1,365 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Old 07-17-2011, 02:11 PM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Sine I was a teenager I have loved vettes. Ona of my dad' s friends had one. I have been in love since. I am 53 and stared dating an awesome man a couple of years ago. He use to have a C5 but got rid of it right about the same time. ( I think his favorite car was a AMC Rambler station wagon 1961). We got married last Oct. One of the best days in my life. He told that if I wanted a vette we would get one. I never thought I would have one. We found a good deal in a 08 C6 Z51 CRM with cashmere interior. Even had the heated seats! He bought it for me. I had never driven one. We drove to north Louisiana to see it. It was perfect. It had a little over 7,500 miles on it. My husband paided the man and told me to drive my car home. It is may dd. If I don't get to drive for a day. I don't like it. What better way to start a work day. Kiss my baby bye in the morning then drive the vette to work.
Welcome to the lucky ladies that have vettes!

Last edited by C6Whatever; 07-19-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Divvi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KenHorse
I'm surprised this thread went 17 posts before that showed up!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette Women....