C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Women....

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 12:24 AM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by C6Whatever
better keep him for sure but we can NEVER have enough shoes. I have shoe gasms. Now I have vette ones too
To get more shoes I've got to get rid of some. I'm shoe poor. Heels are my fav but since I retired I'm collecting more sandals!! Yep, shoe fettish, vette fettish. It all works.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:15 AM
lovinmywheels
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted you all to know that even though I haven't posted for awile - we have been in wheat harvest and yes I drive a combine - I am enjoyin all the comments! When I started this thread I didn't think that it would go far but there are a lot of women who love their corvettes... !! I don't really see them on the road (maybe I should move to Texas) but I think that you all sound like bona fide muscle car enthusiasts, I'm proud !
To the guys who want us to post pics, phhhhhtttttttp . I don't drive a hot car to look good, I drive it because it FEELS good.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:21 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by lovinmywheels
Just wanted you all to know that even though I haven't posted for awile - we have been in wheat harvest and yes I drive a combine - I am enjoyin all the comments! When I started this thread I didn't think that it would go far but there are a lot of women who love their corvettes... !! I don't really see them on the road (maybe I should move to Texas) but I think that you all sound like bona fide muscle car enthusiasts, I'm proud !
To the guys who want us to post pics, phhhhhtttttttp . I don't drive a hot car to look good, I drive it because it FEELS good.
You go, farm girl!
Pics of tractors?

Last edited by Torchsport; 08-30-2011 at 02:22 AM. Reason: add
Old 08-30-2011, 07:02 AM
LisasZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

You know, I don't see that many women here in Houston driving a vette. Heck I don't see that many men driving a vette but I know they're out there. Great thread Lovin'! I've enjoyed reading our fellow female vetters comments.

Originally Posted by Torchsport
You go, farm girl!
Pics of tractors?
I guess it's all in a days work for us girls on the farm. I'm headed out this morning to go get a load of hay. Yep, gotta drive the truck/trailer down south. Gotta get hay while we can - no grass up here due to the drought.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:11 AM
C6Whatever
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Totally agree. I drive mine for the feel too. So glad you started this. It's nice to know there are a good many lady vette owners.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:15 PM
LisasZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

You go, farm girl!
Pics of tractors?
Torch, this is for you.

Tractor

My rig

My load

My helpers rig (didn' take a pic of his load - twice mine)

I can tell you, after driving this kind of thing all day, I welcome the ride in the vette for some relaxation.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Sweet! I spent many a summer on relatives farms in my youth. Bailed my share of hay.
Cleaned my share of pig pens to.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:43 PM
LisasZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Sweet! I spent many a summer on relatives farms in my youth. Bailed my share of hay.
Cleaned my share of pig pens to.
Oh gross! That's nasty. I've plucked dead turkeys before. That's not a great chore. And I'm really a city girl.

Done my share of tossing square bales too. That's hard work. At least round bales are tractor friendly.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:13 PM
lovinmywheels
Heel & Toe

Wheat harvest is over, hooray! They lined up the combines so I parked my car in front and grabbed a few pics. I guess I don't need to tell you which one I prefer to drive.............
Attached Images   
Old 08-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Wheat harvest is over, hooray! They lined up the combines so I parked my car in front and grabbed a few pics. I guess I don't need to tell you which one I prefer to drive.............
NICE!! GPS guidance systems on those? That would be fun to drive one of those bad boys!
Very cool pics. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:51 PM
LisasZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Oh WOW! That would be a kick to drive. A/C too. Ours is a vert!

I like the vette better!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:34 PM
ThunderWheels
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@lovinmywheels I am so loving the Combine/Vette pic!!! It reminds me of Cars!! LOL!

Hey Texas08C6, glad you enjoying. Now drive it like you stole it!!!! You may be right. I think many of the Vette owners are hiding in H-Town. Sometimes I see more in Beaumont!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Drino
Advanced

G'day folks,

I just bought my new (to me) 08 Victory Red Vette Coupe two weeks ago, and couldn't be happier. Previously I drove an 08 Miata Sport and I have a 3500HD Silverado dually turbo diesel for hauling horses. I've also driven a Mustang Cobra black coupe which I loved. There's just something about a V8 gurgle, right? Anyway I just like finding reasons to drive or detail the Vette. Heck, there's nothing wrong with sitting in her with the stereo on in a dark garage with a glass of wine, is there? LOL

When I'm not messing around with the Vette or horses, I'm riding motorcycles - I have two Victorys. A 2010 Cross Country and a 2009 Cory Ness Signature Jackpot. A bike for 'go' and a bike for 'show'. :-) Guess I just like flashy, noisy, dangerous things.

Nice to see some lady drivers out here!

Jayne
Old 03-29-2012, 12:04 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Drino
G'day folks,

I just bought my new (to me) 08 Victory Red Vette Coupe two weeks ago, and couldn't be happier. Previously I drove an 08 Miata Sport and I have a 3500HD Silverado dually turbo diesel for hauling horses. I've also driven a Mustang Cobra black coupe which I loved. There's just something about a V8 gurgle, right? Anyway I just like finding reasons to drive or detail the Vette. Heck, there's nothing wrong with sitting in her with the stereo on in a dark garage with a glass of wine, is there? LOL

When I'm not messing around with the Vette or horses, I'm riding motorcycles - I have two Victorys. A 2010 Cross Country and a 2009 Cory Ness Signature Jackpot. A bike for 'go' and a bike for 'show'. :-) Guess I just like flashy, noisy, dangerous things.

Nice to see some lady drivers out here!

Jayne
I knew this thread was old ... Either way Welcome to the forum Jayne. Lots of cool folks on here.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:23 AM
Garret
Race Director

Received 1,004 Likes on 471 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

IBTL .....lol
Old 03-29-2012, 07:01 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Welcome!!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:51 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

just saw those pics of Lisa's machinery (all real, I saw them hiding in the barns), and lovin's combines. those are truly great pics! thanks, and welcome to drino.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Women....

Old 03-29-2012, 09:15 AM
PittMD1
Drifting

Originally Posted by LisasZR1
Oh gross! That's nasty. I've plucked dead turkeys before. That's not a great chore. And I'm really a city girl.

Done my share of tossing square bales too. That's hard work. At least round bales are tractor friendly.
Square bales can be tractor friendly too.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Drino
Advanced

Thanks for the welcome!

I've been having so much fun tricking out the Vette. My husband owns a custom exhaust business (I know, lucky me! It's not the ONLY reason I married him!! LOL). He just put on MagnaFlow stainless mufflers, X pipe and angle tips. Sounds awesome. Nice to have custom benders at my beck and call!

I have a 'honey-do' list for him: Curb Alert, HID Fog Light upgrade, color-matched calipers, new slotted/drilled rotors and pads. Already installed the BlendMount for my radar detector and I have an interior LED light package on its way. Spent last weekend Zainoing the thing to death.

You know what the problem is being a woman with a sweet cherry red Corvette? Hubby drove it to do the exhaust, and now he wants one. He's eyeballing a black on black roadster right now. Bloody copy cat... LOL
Old 03-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Jimmy W1
Melting Slicks

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

You know, I've had quite a few hobbies over the years from horses, to clay target shooting to cars and other things. And I always found it a delight to rub elbows with the gals and watching them get out there and doing their thing. I really got into Indycar the last few years and I have loved watching Danica, Simona De Silvestro and the others make a name for themselves. We have about 100 members in our Corvette club and the women make it as much fun as the men. So, I sure enjoy sharing my interest of cars with you ladies. And I am always glad to hear from you and listen to your experiences. Good for you all and God Bless!!

Quick Reply: Corvette Women....