C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

apsis super delux seats

Old 12-16-2011, 05:50 PM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ptaylor_9849
Be careful what you wish for. My Aston Martin had Connolly leather. Yes it smelled and looked wonderful. However, like anything in life there were trade offs. Fine materials like Connolly Leather and Alcantara headliners tend to scuff and scratch very easily. They also require special leather treatments such as "Hyde Food" instead of normal interior dressings. I thought owning an exotic was going to be fun. In the end, it turned out to be just another pain in the a$$.
Well, I wouldent want that quality material in my daily driver. The fake stuff suits it fine.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:26 PM
DSOM Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love my Apsis seats!!!

Old 12-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,917 Likes on 5,327 Posts

Originally Posted by ptaylor_9849
Be careful what you wish for. My Aston Martin had Connolly leather. Yes it smelled and looked wonderful. However, like anything in life there were trade offs. Fine materials like Connolly Leather and Alcantara headliners tend to scuff and scratch very easily. They also require special leather treatments such as "Hyde Food" instead of normal interior dressings. I thought owning an exotic was going to be fun. In the end, it turned out to be just another pain in the a$$.
It is interesting the number of people who complain about the vinyl or cloth parts of the seat skin. The top upholstery shop in my area told me don't use leather in high wear areas as it doesn't hold up as well as vinyl. High priced fancy and delicate leather is not necessarily a high quality product. The seats in my Malibu don't have cloth on the inboard side where the seat belt buckle comes up from its mount. As you drive along and go over bumps the belt rubs against the vinyl/leather and makes a squeaking noise. I have to lubricate it with Armor All on a regular basis to stop the squeaking. If that side of the seat was covered in cloth like the Vette seat there wouldn't be any squeaking.

Bill
Old 12-20-2011, 12:43 AM
rayk
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want those seats.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:46 AM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oops, misread the post.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Cyber Greg
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DSOM Z06
Love my Apsis seats!!!

Your car looks fantastic.
The seats are really good looking. How do they perform? Do they provide good lateral support in turns? Do you feel like you sit into them as opposed to on them?
Any other thoughts about them would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Greg
Old 03-17-2012, 02:23 PM
CO Lightfoot
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregory123
Your car looks fantastic.
The seats are really good looking. How do they perform? Do they provide good lateral support in turns? Do you feel like you sit into them as opposed to on them?
Any other thoughts about them would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Greg
I sat in the Apsis seat at last year's Vette-on-the-Rockies. Great seat.

But for lateral support, I bet the Callaway seats do a better job. But are they worth $9k?

...a bigger reason this car caught our eye is Callaway’s optional seats that replace the Corvette’s much-maligned units—and they’re phenomenal. With wraparound support and without sacrificing comfort, they remind us of those found in Porsche’s Boxster Spyder and hard-core RS cars. Only these, which start as Recaro shells that are skinned by Callaway to accommodate the Vette’s narrow seat wells, go a step further by retaining the power adjustability and heating capability of the stock Corvette seats. GM, if you’re listening, please, please, give Callaway a call and figure out a way to mass-produce these gems. Hopefully that would cut the cost to something a bit more palatable than Callaway’s current $8970 option price, too.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...orvette-review

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: apsis super delux seats