C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers side heated seat not working at all.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 10:57 AM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Drivers side heated seat not working at all.

I recently had my seats reupholstered to the 3lz dark titanium pattern on my 06 Z06. I now have found that the drivers side heated seat does not function at all. Now lets get the Florida jokes out of the way here: ...................... Back on topic: I have searched, and I checked in the fuse box by the passenger foot well, I pulled all 3 fuses, the 1 relay and the separate passenger and driver fuses in the box off to the right of the main fuses, and I found that everything appeared to be in fine condition, nothing blown. The passenger heated seat is working great. When I press the button for the driver side, nothing happens, the lights do not even attempt to come on. Ive also checked under the seat, Ive unplugged and replugged in all the wiring harnesses and still nothing. I know it was working fine before the seats were redone...any thoughts?? Has anyone experience this issue? Thanks.

EDIT: Ive also tried pushing the button on the drivers side once or twice and felt the seat but it did not appear to warm up. I don't know what reupholstering a seat would break the heater component....frustrating.

EDIT 2: Upon further inspection, it appears the the drivers side and passenger side heated seat fuses are the green 20A kind and the illustration shows there should be only a 15A blue fuse there, don't know if that matters...like I said it was all working before, now its not.

Last edited by forg0tmypen; 05-15-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:34 AM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the exact same problem with mine. It turned out to be a wire rubbing on part of the seat frame, underneath. It rubbed the insulation off the wire and shorted out.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:32 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

I looked under my seat, all wires look fine, I do have a wiring harness not plugged in underneath, I had the seat out of the car last week and could not find where it went....it's white and square shaped.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:53 PM
crusher1
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts

My passenger side did that after the dealership changed my sticking door on the ashtray...Before I bought the car the previous owner went to the dealeship to fix the door for me....About a month later I pushed the button and nothing. So I checked the pushbutton on the console and low and behold the connector in back was disconnected. Those clowns at the dealership must have done it ....Connect it back up and bingo she works like a charm.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:51 PM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,219 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by forg0tmypen
I looked under my seat, all wires look fine, I do have a wiring harness not plugged in underneath, I had the seat out of the car last week and could not find where it went....it's white and square shaped.
My bet would be the wiring harness. My seat heater stopped working a few years ago on my 2005 and that's exactly what it was.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:24 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Like I said I looked under the seat but I'll be damned if there wasn't a spot to plug it into...what's the heated seat harness look like anyways?
Old 05-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 972 Likes on 457 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Take it back to where you had the seats done...why the heck should you try to figure it out if they broke it.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:50 AM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Garret
Take it back to where you had the seats done...why the heck should you try to figure it out if they broke it.
I'll look into this today. It's a little more complicated than you think, but I'll explore this option.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:32 PM
JJC5
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a flat, white Molex plug that needs to be plugged in under the seat. That's the seat heater wiring.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

I would agree with taking it to who did the work on your vehicle. It would seem to me that they missed something when putting the seat back in.

Good luck with your repairs,

Brent
GM Customer Service

Get notified of new replies

To Drivers side heated seat not working at all.

Quick Reply: Drivers side heated seat not working at all.