C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First topless, red/blue lights, rain and golfball hail

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:08 AM
boraxman
Race Director

Received 311 Likes on 200 Posts

Yes you are lucky!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Wow!!! Never saw hail like that before!!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:15 AM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

I watched the storm brewing around me here in Shoreview but all we received was enough rain to wet the streets. My wife called from the state capitol where she was working concerned about her SRX getting hailed on. Turns out all they got was enough rain to leave spots on the black paint from the day's accumulation of dust. Definitely dodged a bullet on that one. Three years ago we had the extreme hail here and insurance paid out $130,000+ for a new cedar shake roof and all new windows on the house. Sounds like today has potential to be a repeat performance. My '03 was caught in major hail returning from the 50th Anniversary celebration in Nashville and survived with no marks. I thought at least the wiper arms or other 'soft' trim would have damage, but nothing...
Old 05-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Tweeter
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trivette
I watched the storm brewing around me here in Shoreview but all we received was enough rain to wet the streets. My wife called from the state capitol where she was working concerned about her SRX getting hailed on. Turns out all they got was enough rain to leave spots on the black paint from the day's accumulation of dust. Definitely dodged a bullet on that one. Three years ago we had the extreme hail here and insurance paid out $130,000+ for a new cedar shake roof and all new windows on the house. Sounds like today has potential to be a repeat performance. My '03 was caught in major hail returning from the 50th Anniversary celebration in Nashville and survived with no marks. I thought at least the wiper arms or other 'soft' trim would have damage, but nothing...
Today/tonight might actually be worse...ugh! We missed the bad stuff in Washington County. I couldn't believe what I was watching at Target field and nothing happened in Mahtomedi. We're only 20 miles form there! Can't remember a year like this in a long time. Figures, I just got the vette late last fall...
Old 05-11-2011, 10:32 AM
JoyVette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow!!! So glad you were to avoid the hail as well as the jerk that tried to get you to pay for a non-existent gas fill up.

Originally Posted by smurfkiller
hail?? wtf? do you live near the northpole? its been 90 here in houston for awhile.
Use to live in Houston and never got hail while there (well maybe once) and the weather was always predictable. Now living in the Hill country, I can understand what all the talk is about "unpredictable Texas weather" and we get hail with out warning through out the summer here.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:16 PM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Glad you were home safe.....but really, you need to start paying for your gasoline......

Quick Reply: First topless, red/blue lights, rain and golfball hail