C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning / AutoCal

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 10:22 PM
shelleygraham
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tuning / AutoCal

I have a 2010 6 speed grand sport. I was thinking of doing the tuning from corvettes of westchester. I was just wondering if anyone has done it and whar did they think of it ? How did it affect the performance of your car ? Thanks. I can go there since they are not far. I don't need to do it through the mail.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:04 PM
HDDP
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shelleygraham
I have a 2010 6 speed grand sport. I was thinking of doing the tuning from corvettes of westchester. I was just wondering if anyone has done it and whar did they think of it ? How did it affect the performance of your car ? Thanks. I can go there since they are not far. I don't need to do it through the mail.
Still waiting on mine, so I can't give you a performance evaluation on the product. But if you do decide to go to C.O.W. to purchase one, can you please get mine ? I've been waiting exactly one month today and when I ordered it they told me it would be delivered in appx. 2 weeks. My CC was charged $719 on 03/29/11, 4 days after the phone order was made and I never received a emailed receipt or order confirmation, even after calling and requesting one.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:46 AM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Originally Posted by HDDP
Still waiting on mine, so I can't give you a performance evaluation on the product. But if you do decide to go to C.O.W. to purchase one, can you please get mine ? I've been waiting exactly one month today and when I ordered it they told me it would be delivered in appx. 2 weeks. My CC was charged $719 on 03/29/11, 4 days after the phone order was made and I never received a emailed receipt or order confirmation, even after calling and requesting one.
Creeping up on most CC 45 day policies there. I think I'd take my business elsewhere.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:55 AM
HDDP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SEVINN
Creeping up on most CC 45 day policies there. I think I'd take my business elsewhere.
I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for another week since they said it had to be ordered and shipped from NZ and did say "approximately 2 weeks". But I will call the other company today and see if they have them in stock. It would seem to be logical business sense if C.O.W. can't get delivery within their expected time frame from the factory in New Zealand, they could contact one of the U.S. Authorized Distributors and procure one from them to keep their customers happy.

SEVINN
Old 04-26-2011, 11:01 AM
CodyC6
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

(((

Last edited by CodyC6; 07-27-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:17 AM
MAC-1
Intermediate

Also waiting

Some of you guys that have been waiting 30 days are gonna need to get in line my card was charged 2/14

Chuck did message me that he had a tech leave recently so he has been backed up. Hoping to see mine soon

Edit: I have my autocal, just waiting on my emailed tune
Old 04-26-2011, 11:29 AM
CH-Z51
Drifting

Location: The Great Pacific Northwest...........I carry a gun cause a cops too heavy.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a mail in tune done by CoW over 2 years ago, the ECM turnaround was 3 days. Been very happy with the tune ever since. I am thinking about going with the AutoCAl because the tune is for 93 octane and here on the west coast we can no longer get 93.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:51 AM
HDDP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CodyC6
I'm waiting too, mine must be with yours.
But it has only been two weeks from yesterday, which they did say about 2 weeks for them to get the part. I'm sure it will be fine.
I'm sure it will be fine too... C.O.W. has a good reputation... Just wish they had told me up-front that it could take a month + instead of "we'll have it to you in appx. 2 weeks"...

Then when I called and asked for a sales order to be e-mailed to me 2 weeks ago, they would have sent one, as promised...

Did you get a sales order # and receipt from them when you ordered yours ?

OH SORRIE... MAYBE ME INGLIS NO GUDE... DINT NO "PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 2 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY" MENT THURTY DAZE OAR MOWER !

Last edited by HDDP; 04-27-2011 at 12:40 AM. Reason: adding image of COW Advertisment
Old 04-26-2011, 12:26 PM
CodyC6
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hddp
then when i called and asked for a sales order to be e-mailed to me 2 weeks ago, they would have sent one, as promised...

Did you get a sales order # and receipt from them when you ordered yours ?

Last edited by CodyC6; 07-27-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:43 AM
HDDP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CodyC6
I'm waiting too, mine must be with yours.
But it has only been two weeks from yesterday, which they did say about 2 weeks for them to get the part. I'm sure it will be fine.
Any update on your AutoCal from C.O.W. yet ? I have still yet to hear a peep out of them and today marks exactly one month since the bank cleared my debit card payment and 33 days since placing my order.

I'm just now starting to lose my patience since the purchase delivery is now 17 days overdue and also still no emailed order number or receipt after requesting one...

Any suggestions from those of you who have had dealings with Chuck at C.O.W. in the past ? Should I pull the trigger and contact my bank to void the payment ? Should I sit tight and keep my fingers crossed ? Or should I get on the phone with them and be my normal belligerent self ? Rattling cages at C.O.W. will do nothing to help my cause since I'm kinda held hostage without his professional tunes... The AutoCal will be useless without the correct tunes installed !

Any recommendations on other vendors who have the capability of doing a competent full tune, including the A6 tranny ?
Old 04-29-2011, 07:51 AM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 577 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by HDDP
Any update on your AutoCal from C.O.W. yet ? I have still yet to hear a peep out of them and today marks exactly one month since the bank cleared my debit card payment and 33 days since placing my order.

I'm just now starting to lose my patience since the purchase delivery is now 17 days overdue and also still no emailed order number or receipt after requesting one...

Any suggestions from those of you who have had dealings with Chuck at C.O.W. in the past ? Should I pull the trigger and contact my bank to void the payment ? Should I sit tight and keep my fingers crossed ? Or should I get on the phone with them and be my normal belligerent self ? Rattling cages at C.O.W. will do nothing to help my cause since I'm kinda held hostage without his professional tunes... The AutoCal will be useless without the correct tunes installed !

Any recommendations on other vendors who have the capability of doing a competent full tune, including the A6 tranny ?
you are ranting about COW thoughout this thread and now you state that you haven't even called him? WTF dude. pick up the phone and call
Old 04-29-2011, 08:03 AM
speedraider
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmie jam
you are ranting about COW thoughout this thread and now you state that you haven't even called him? WTF dude. pick up the phone and call
I have called them and seems like I keep getting the same answer, It's coming in a few days. I will give them another more week. Almost a month since I ordered it and haven't had any communication from them.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:51 AM
Melting Slicks

Received 147 Likes on 114 Posts

I think my next call would be to ask for a refund. Doesn't sound like they have very good communication with their customers. Too many good tuners out there to put up with bad service.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:17 AM
HDDP
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jimmie jam
Unfortunately I have called them, about 2 weeks ago. The answer to my "where's the beef ?" question was answered with a "yep, I got your name on the board, should be soon". Then I asked for them to email me a sales order and receipt and he said "sure, i'll get that to you right away"...

So, WTF sounds like I did call... Was not wanting to pester the poor fellow if the product is in transit and he's got quite a few other clients to service. So, I thought I would just chill for a bit, let him do his job and hope the damned thing showed up before the C7 is released

Now, back to the pressing question, does anyone have a recommendation of a different tuner who is using the EFI AutoCal system, that also knows how to tune the A6 correctly and has a good reputation ???
Old 04-30-2011, 07:37 AM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'11-'12

I have known Chuck for a long time and I have never ever seen him rip anybody off in fact quite the opposite...Chuck will go out of his way it make you right just give him a chance... as frustrating as it may be reach out to him by telephone and don't stop until you actually speak to him.... best time to reach him is late at night when things in the shop slow down a little...its rush hour in NY as this is when everyones car comes out of hibernation and thet want things done asap to enjoy the spring weather.....I'm sure it's a manufacturer related issue and Chuck will make it right in the end.... before long this nightmare will turn into a dream as you're ripping along your new Land rocket.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:55 AM
3rdWish
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Craigster05
I have known Chuck for a long time and I have never ever seen him rip anybody off in fact quite the opposite...Chuck will go out of his way it make you right just give him a chance... as frustrating as it may be reach out to him by telephone and don't stop until you actually speak to him.... best time to reach him is late at night when things in the shop slow down a little...its rush hour in NY as this is when everyones car comes out of hibernation and thet want things done asap to enjoy the spring weather.....I'm sure it's a manufacturer related issue and Chuck will make it right in the end.... before long this nightmare will turn into a dream as you're ripping along your new Land rocket.

I got my tune for my GS in November and Chuck has tweaked it a few times for me. I have called and emailed and he has been very responsive. Lately I know he has been somewhat back logged and slightly longer in responding, however he will respond. He is one that will take as long as needed when trying to help and answer questions. He is very hands on with his tunes and wants them right. I run a manufacturing plant and I know when I loose an employee it is difficult to not get a little back logged. And if it's a technical person it's worse. Throw in waiting on raw material (or an auto cal) from another mfg it adds to the problem.
I know it's hard to wait especiallly when you've been charged for the product but Chuck will make it right. And when he does, you won't be sorry! What a difference it makes in the cars performance. You'll forget you ever had to wait. He has 1000's of satisfied customers but he is human and is subject to an occasional hiccup like any other business.

Good luck and be ready to hold on tight when you do get the product installed.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,184 Likes on 1,586 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

I agree 100%. Chuck has no reason to keep your cash and not provide you your AUTOCAL. I'm very sure theres a reasonable explanation behind the delay. Like Craigster05 stated CALL and let him explain.

I have several friends that have AUTOCAL and they are extremely happy with the product. It beats a mail order tune hands down. Once you get your unit and Chuck gets your tune e-mailed to you,, you and your car will be extremely happy.

Where else can you get one of the best tuners on the planet to tune your car without driving to the shop and also have free periodic retunes!

Bill Curlee

Last edited by Bill Curlee; 04-30-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Tuning / AutoCal

Old 04-30-2011, 09:25 AM
tloon
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 137 Posts

I would not worry about Chuck. I have been dealing with him for over five years and two Corvettes. There is no one else I would let get anywhere near my cars for a tune other than him. I too waited longer than expected for the AutoCal, but it's not like he makes these things up in his shop. He can only get them a fast as they will send them to him. Obviously there is a huge demand for these now.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Northern Lights
2nd Gear

Garage is empty, add now

My Corvette Photos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I waited a few weeks for my tune and was it worth it. Rome wasn't built in a day and the COW tune is much more fun. You really need to try his system if you want the best for you and your toy. I have a 2008 Roadster w/auto. I added AR headers coupled with an already installed after market air cleaner. Chuck’s system was icing on the cake. This little puppy now has attitude.
 Whatever you do, check it out. You won't be disappointed!
I am going to have a great ride today.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:54 PM
lectricman
Instructor

Chuck tuned my car a year and a half ago. No problems. I put 8,000 miles on it with the tune and he also installed a Vararam intake. It really woke the car up and he did wonders with the automatic transmission. I would highly recommend Chuck Cow. The car is really enjoyable to drive after he tuned it.

Quick Reply: Tuning / AutoCal