C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering my C6 2009 not cost

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 03:49 PM
syswayne
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Lowering my C6 2009 no cost

I purchased the bolt to lower my car and did not even need them.
My son came over and showed me how to do this with no cost. Here you go believe it or not I can show some pictures later. My car was at 291/4 inches in the rear (and that is all I changed for now). Jack up your car and take the wheel off. Put the jack stand under the spring just like it shows int the vette magazine and let the spring rest on the jack stand and that takes the preusser off the stock bolts. We ran the bolt up to about the middle and then took a receptical saw with a metal blade and cut the bottom two section of hard rubber off the stock bolt. Left some rubber on he top and worked great. Then if we wanted to make sure we had the same distance for both tires to be level we ran the car around the block and one was off about 1/2 inch off so we did not even have to take the tire off to adjust. We put our jack under the spring only to take the pressure off and jacked it up and ran 4 round up on the bolt and it was perfect. I started with 291/4 inches on the rear and now I am at 27 3/4 inches and my vette is level.

Last edited by syswayne; 04-16-2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-16-2011, 04:43 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Vettes are designed to have a small rake angle to improve high speed handling, so you may want to consider lowering your front by a similar amount. Also, height changes will affect alignment, so don't forget to do an an alignment check after you are all done to prevent a future shock discovery of abnormally worn tires.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:45 PM
MikeSVT04
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad to see you figured it out.....for future reference if you don't like height you don't have to take the tire off. just jack the car up (front or back) till you take some pressure off the wheels(don't even need to come off the ground). Then use another jack on the leaf spring and jack it up till the bolt turns freely...much faster.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:26 PM
syswayne
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeSVT04
Glad to see you figured it out.....for future reference if you don't like height you don't have to take the tire off. just jack the car up (front or back) till you take some pressure off the wheels(don't even need to come off the ground). Then use another jack on the leaf spring and jack it up till the bolt turns freely...much faster.
You only have to have a jack and line the jack under the spring and it will take the tension off and you can adjust the height. No need of a stand at all, works great
Old 04-16-2011, 08:30 PM
CH-Z51
Drifting

Location: The Great Pacific Northwest...........I carry a gun cause a cops too heavy.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SUB VETTE
Vettes are designed to have a small rake angle to improve high speed handling, so you may want to consider lowering your front by a similar amount. Also, height changes will affect alignment, so don't forget to do an an alignment check after you are all done to prevent a future shock discovery of abnormally worn tires.
X2

Get notified of new replies

To Lowering my C6 2009 not cost

Quick Reply: Lowering my C6 2009 not cost