C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best comment on your vette.......

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Corby
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On our way home from purchasing the vette, my wife and I went through the drive thru at a fast food restaruant. The boy (17 or so) who was going to take our order, without looking said how's it go...then he turned and saw the C6. He then said I guess it's going pretty good. I didn't want him to know I just bought the car, so I played it and said, it dosen't suck!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Flies Lo
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm the only single guy in my housing plan; the rest of it is like a rug-rat farm...the dads mostly stare as I drive by, very slowly and carefully because of all the cookie-crunchin'-tricycle-motors running around loose, I wave and do my best to remain friendly...anyway, last Halloween, as I was handing out candy to one bunch of kids, one of the dads was down on the street, and shouted out to his son, "Don't take the candy, get the car keys!"
Old 04-12-2011, 03:56 PM
johan gouws
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY
Leaving a parking lot with a bunch of other Corvettes, one of the wives runs out of Starbucks and jumps in my car. About a minute later, she discovers I'm not her husband with the proclamation: "Hey, your not my husband!" Luckily, he was right behind me in his orange Z! We had a good laugh when we finally "made the changeover" at our first stop! Funny thing is, I knew both of them before she made her mistake. They're both great people, and serve our country.
Similar incident here but without my Vette. In Yellowstone I stopped in front of a lodge entrance so my wife can pick something up quickly. Another lady comes out and gets in next to me spending some time getting comfortable. After awhile she realizes I'm not driving so she asks why we're waiting. Only then does she realize her husband has moved forward and she's in the wrong car! We nearly wet ourselves. She got such a laughing fit she had difficullty getting out of the car!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:51 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,104 Likes on 855 Posts

First day driving the Vert on the beach 3 girls spring breakers were trying their best to catch I ride with me. Rode by slowly and said sorry girls but no room. They yelled... we'll fit in there.

Was tempted as hell just to confuse the wifey tied up in traffic behind me. Is that my H w/3 girls? Would have given anything to see wife's expression On the other hand, why mess up the car and be placed on probation at the same time She would never let it rest.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:57 PM
MOUNTINBEAR
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '08

I remember my ex father in law saying to me as I pulled up in his driveway in my then 1991 Coupe..."Hey...isn't that one of them chevettes???"
Old 04-12-2011, 11:03 PM
ZenOhSix
Instructor

Best comment was unspoken:

Mike
Old 04-12-2011, 11:45 PM
USNC6Vette
Advanced

Location: Portsmouth, nh, kittery, me, groton, ct, Torrance, ca Ct, me, nh, ca

walking out of bj's wholesale with a whole lot of top ramen (room mate eats the crap), and a few other not so tasty things , pop the trunk to the c6 and this chick (29) brunette 5'6 about 125 ask me how a kid my age affords a car like this (iam 23), i replied why else do you think im eating this crap (hold up my bag of tasty noodles). she said ill buy you dinner if you drive, we exchanged numbers and i had me a nice steak, needless to say so far not a bad investment got me a free dinner, an older girl to hang with, love the handling and performance, insurance is cheaper than my audi was next time i hope its a divorced cougar, i play the game right that means more mods for the vette but seriously
Old 04-12-2011, 11:47 PM
JoyVette
Instructor

I have one that is not a comment but more an action that amused me. I was at the hair salon waiting to get my haircut and was looking out the window to watch over the vette (like any new vette owner). Along comes a father and young son walking through the parking lot getting closer to my vette. When they get almost to it the boy reached his hand out to touch it and the father quickly grabbed his hands and proceeds to scold him. Obviously telling him that you never touch a vette! They continue to walk through the parking lot and just two cars over was another "sports car" (a think it was a Solstice) in which the young kid once again put his hand out to touch. The dad looked at him and payed no attention as he touched all over the other car. At least the dad knew how to respect a vette and was teaching his son.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:58 PM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

A couple of days ago I went to a friends a/v shop and I parked my vette out of the way and at more of an angle than I normally do. A girl was walking by and looked and said . . . "Oooh, you look like you on show"! lol. I replied . . . "and that's why got yellow". You gotta love our native folk.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:03 AM
coolcat
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some teenage boys in a Rustang pulled up along side my 08 coupe at a traffic light
and yelled at me..."We like the sound of your exhaust!"

I always roll with the fuse pulled on my dual mode exhaust system.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:08 AM
TScottTX
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by USNC6Vette
...an older girl to hang with, love the handling and performance...
or, did you mean your car?
Old 04-13-2011, 04:17 PM
USNC6Vette
Advanced

Location: Portsmouth, nh, kittery, me, groton, ct, Torrance, ca Ct, me, nh, ca

Yes I choose D all the above, both were great test drives but one obviously will stay
Old 04-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Jimmy Mac!
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

In my 2010 JSB Coupe parked at a 7 Eleven waiting for a friend to come back out. My window is half way down. This very attractive young lady walks out with her boyfriend or hubby and says, "Oh my Gawd! That is a beautiful color on his Vette!". The dude with her says, "He probably gets ton of tickets and cant get laid". I looked over and winked at her. They got into their old beat up rust bucket ford pick-em-up.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:46 PM
ed_yellowc5
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Pulling through a parking lot saw a Porsche 911 with a father and son in it and the 6 year old son yelled "Dad, did you see that cool car". I don't think the Dad was as impressed!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:57 PM
donfievet
Intermediate

Went to lunch at a Milo's in Pelham AL. An employee there that was cleaning the tables asked if my '07 I recently purchased was mine. I told him it was. He congratulated me on the nice ride & also said..."That's a victory for men everywhere." LOL
Old 04-13-2011, 06:22 PM
BLKAGGY522
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Daekwan06
Being as though I've only owned the car a week.. so far my best compliment is from an old couple at Hardees who were absolutely in love with it. Driving the car home, I had only had keys for about 2 hours. I stopped to take a break and get something to eat. But I swear they were staring at it harder than I was.

I never really looked at the chick angle on getting a Vette. But if the stories you guys are saying is true. Then life just keeps better with this car!
Hmmmmm, being a chick I find it a guy magnet!! LOLOLOL The only difference is they all want to tell me how to drive it then I usually end up showing them I really know what I'm doing!!! <eg>
Old 04-13-2011, 06:50 PM
category4
Burning Brakes

I was helping a friend do some work on his BMW M5. His wife had tagged along as well. When I opened my garage door and she saw the Vette she told her husband "Your car is a real POS compared to that"!

Get notified of new replies

To Best comment on your vette.......

Old 04-13-2011, 06:54 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 380 Likes on 193 Posts

Yesterday I was driving home and wearing my Batman mask, a car full of chicks yelled out "That cars ****ing sick" I blipped the throttle, they flinched and I gave them all a thumbs up and sped off.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:31 PM
usraptor
Burning Brakes

Whenever my family comes to visit they come into the house through the garage. My 3 year old grandson's favorite movie is CARS. Whenever he comes into the garage he tells his Dad, "Look daddy, it's Mcqueen" with a big smile on his face!
Old 04-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Skimball
Advanced

Drying off my car at a car wash and a guy drives by real slow in a minivan full of squalling children and yells out the window "I can still dream!"

The other favorite was "Nice Ferrari!" by a guy with a Charger HEMI.

Quick Reply: Best comment on your vette.......