C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How are your factory repro wheels holding up?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 12:51 AM
0PerformanceCorvettes
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by Maites
thanks for all your input guys. I am glad to see all of the positive feedback. Seems that most of you have had success with them. Anyone else with negatives other than the fact that they are heavier.....? It is also hard to choose a vendor as i would think they all get the repros from different companies? maybe not?

PM Sent. We offer a huge line up of aftermarket wheels and add more selection on a regular basis. We stand behind these wheels 100% and have never had any issues with them. Our prices are extremely competative and service can't be beat!

Old 03-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Edgardo_roldan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5 years no problema...look like new
Old 03-05-2011, 07:36 PM
RtStuf
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by TMyers
I have not had a problem with my Z06 replicas other than the fact they are not hub centric. We have balanced these 3 times, even on a road force machine and I still have a shimmy at 65+, yes the clips have been remove. Put the stock wheels back on and smooth as glass to well over 100mph.

In my case anyway wheel rings are out because the difference is only about 1mm. Am I looking at enlarging the hole so we can put rings in.
Have wheels been checked for straightness/out of round issue? Need to check both inside & outside. Know from experience. My understanding factory repos are hub centric. Was told the same story - needed hub centric rings. Good luck.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:30 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by NZYCAR
I've been running my C6 Z06 Motorsports for almost a year now. Finish is holding like new. They are hubcentric and "balancing act" went just fine. Very nice for the price.

Now, if I could just discipline myself like Tim and $ave for the HRE 790R's I really want.

Do you have any photos of these that I can see? I'm thinking of buying them in chrome 19/20 from Corvette-wheels. No pics on cars on their website.

I really want some 3 piece wheels, but just don't feel comfortable spending the big bucks right now. But I need to get tires and soon, so I thought these would tide me over! Thanks!

Jeff
Old 03-05-2011, 09:14 PM
WV Vette
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just put a set of GS chrome repros on my '10 1LT. Didn't get balanced right the 1st try but Discount Tire fixed it for me. The only thing I have done is put a set of factory center caps with the C6 logo on them. They came with just plain chrome center caps. got them from Zip but I think they or at least most come from the same supplier, Factory Reproductions
Old 03-05-2011, 11:45 PM
florida john
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No Corvette experience, but my son screwed up 2 chrome aluminum OEM wheels on my 2002 FireBird in 2003. We bought 2 reproduction wheels from a supplier in Sarasota, FL. They were Chinese repro's, but when I recently sold the car you couldn't tell the diffence between the repro wheels and the OEM's. Needed to keep up with the chrome polish & wax on all these wheels, but they still looked good.

Quick Reply: How are your factory repro wheels holding up?