C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Impressions - 2008 Z51 to 2011 GS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 09:37 PM
Wyndridge3
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll get that "slam dunk" your looking for once you carry through on your plans to supercharge it.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:39 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by JRHAWK9
This thread is well over a year old.....lol
Oh well, it was new to me. I took a nap since he did the initial posting.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:40 PM
sdurg24
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by JRHAWK9
This thread is well over a year old.....lol
Yes it is over a year old but..........I have to totally agree with everything the OP says about the 2008 Base w/Z51 to 2011 GS comparo. I went from a 2008 Base w/Z51 to my current 2011 Cyber Gray GS. My experiences a year later (took delivery in March of 2011) mirror the OP's. He was right on then and he is still right on today. I love my ride. Kids love my ride, young adults love my ride, many women love my ride as do the older folks. As I have said in several posts and in a letter published in "CORVETTE MAGAZINE" I have never experienced a car that gets such rave attention where ever I go. Now that I have new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires all around the ride is better than ever. Funny thing, the OP says he was going to the Driving School out west. I went to Bob Bondurant last Nov. and had a blast, learned more in three days than I ever had before and came away with a healthy respect for the ZR1 I drove as well as the track versions of the GS I was priviledged to drive on the track. Like to meet him some day. Just came back from Sebring, wish I had gotten together, birds of a feather should flock together.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Seadawg
Safety Car

Received 155 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by sdurg24
Yes it is over a year old but..........I have to totally agree with everything the OP says about the 2008 Base w/Z51 to 2011 GS comparo. I went from a 2008 Base w/Z51 to my current 2011 Cyber Gray GS. My experiences a year later (took delivery in March of 2011) mirror the OP's. He was right on then and he is still right on today. I love my ride. Kids love my ride, young adults love my ride, many women love my ride as do the older folks. As I have said in several posts and in a letter published in "CORVETTE MAGAZINE" I have never experienced a car that gets such rave attention where ever I go. Now that I have new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires all around the ride is better than ever. Funny thing, the OP says he was going to the Driving School out west. I went to Bob Bondurant last Nov. and had a blast, learned more in three days than I ever had before and came away with a healthy respect for the ZR1 I drove as well as the track versions of the GS I was priviledged to drive on the track. Like to meet him some day. Just came back from Sebring, wish I had gotten together, birds of a feather should flock together.
Haha, I was just thinking about this post the other day. I have about 16k on the 2011, and I still like it as much as the day I got it. I had a ton of fun at the driving school. Just put new Bridgestone tires on it at about 14k, and they are doing well too, the GEN 2's were getting down to the cords on the fronts. I'll get to try them in cooler weather tomorrow morning, it's supposed to get in the 40's here.

Anyone that is around the Daytona/Ormond Beach area should let me know and I'll meet you out somewhere after work.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:58 AM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Closed per OP request.

Quick Reply: First Impressions - 2008 Z51 to 2011 GS