C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indulge me, I am a happy 1LT Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:03 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Indulge me, I am a happy 1LT Owner

I am curious about something. Especially since I continue to receive solicitations from local dealers wanting me to buy a new GS or ZO6 or whatever.

My '07 C6 1LT is my first Corvette since I briefly had a '63 Roadster. It is a great car, a 6-speed manual and I love it...

So why do so many dealers seem to stock fully loaded Corvettes? Okay, I think I know, but...

I guess the real question might be to learn if there are any other 1LT owners out there who wish they had stepped up to the 2LT or 3LT equipped versions? And why?

I do confess to have wanted maybe the HUD, but I wasn't going to pay $5300 for the 3LT package to get it.

Still,no regrets here. Anyone one else?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:14 PM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

I have a 3LT but when I was shopping last year there were some "wants" and some "musts". My "must (have)" list could have been satisfied with a 1LT. The top of my list was headed with M6. I was extremely lucky to actually find a car with all the "musts" AND "wants"!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:16 PM
aseipos
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with you. I always get the 1LT and the dealers so far have let me move my Ebay-acquired cargo net and shade each time I traded from C5 to C6 to GS. Since those 2 items are the only things I've ever really wanted from the 2LT+, I've always been happy to drive the "stripper" model!

Originally Posted by last901
I am curious about something. Especially since I continue to receive solicitations from local dealers wanting me to buy a new GS or ZO6 or whatever.

My '07 C6 1LT is my first Corvette since I briefly had a '63 Roadster. It is a great car, a 6-speed manual and I love it...

So why do so many dealers seem to stock fully loaded Corvettes? Okay, I think I know, but...

I guess the real question might be to learn if there are any other 1LT owners out there who wish they had stepped up to the 2LT or 3LT equipped versions? And why?

I do confess to have wanted maybe the HUD, but I wasn't going to pay $5300 for the 3LT package to get it.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:16 PM
PARANORMAL
SUPPORT AUTISM
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10, '14

1LT here also. I installed any options that I wanted later on which just included headers, exhaust and full widebody. Happy with my 1LT you the way it is. Only regret would be the two tone interior but Im working on that.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:31 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,220 Likes on 831 Posts

Me...
Old 02-17-2011, 08:43 PM
Tom's_03SVT
Melting Slicks

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I wanted sport seats and two tone interior so I got the 2LT, but I'm with you on the 3LT. The only feature that I wish was stand alone or came with the 2LT is HUD.

Last edited by Tom's_03SVT; 02-17-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:44 PM
CORVETTE2009
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy

I have a 2009 and the deal on the 1LT was all I could afford (or talk my wife into). However, I installed a B&B Fusion (great deal from Maryland Speed), my own HUD (Gene's) and am getting ready to upgrade the sound system. It's black and M6 and couldn't be happier.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:50 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

I have owned my 2LZ w/ nav ZO6 for 3 years,I would have settled for a 1 LZ if I could have found a year end one as my DD Audi takes care of my luxury car wants. I bought the Z strictly for performance. I would love a 2011 1LZ/ZO6w/Zo7 performance package w/an aftermarket seat upgrade. A lot of ride for $83K (Disc.$)+ the seat cost.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:55 PM
HKILP7M8
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love mine, just like you, I've added what I really wanted later.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Xedes
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HKILP7M8
I love mine, just like you, I've added what I really wanted later.
I have or will be adding the things I want.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:01 PM
indyjack18
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

1LT 4 me. Got F55, NPP and cg headlamps. Will install heated seats & Kenwood nav myself
Old 02-17-2011, 09:09 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

The reason is, it's easy to sell a relatively loaded Corvette. The other reason is, it brings in more money to the dealer.

The 1LT is an excellent vehicle for the money. No one has to make any excuses for a 1LT. The only reason I didn't choose it is I wanted some other things and knew I might want/have to keep this one for a long time.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:11 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,934 Likes on 4,814 Posts

I ordered my 1LT and I love it, the only thing I really wanted was the NPP (added M2W) and the 6 speed manual. I would have liked the two tone interior but other than that I am very happy with my 2008 as is. No regrets.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:16 PM
laconiajack
Safety Car

To each his or her own. The 2LT interior provided me with the option to order the two-tone seats I wanted, gave me the adjustible sports bucket perforated leather seats with power passenger seat, plus side impact air bags which might save my life or my wifes. I personally had no need for an adjustible steering column, memory features, heads-up displays, heated seats or other failure prone features, nor a Blose sound system that sounds half as good as the base system, nor for highly overpriced cheap-looking leather on the dash board. Being a purist I also wouldn't drive any sports car with a torque converter transmission nor chrome wheels. But again, to each his or her own. I know I'm certainly not in the ranks of your average Corvette owner.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:19 PM
Xedes
Safety Car

Originally Posted by AORoads
The reason is, it's easy to sell a relatively loaded Corvette. The other reason is, it brings in more money to the dealer.

The 1LT is an excellent vehicle for the money. No one has to make any excuses for a 1LT. The only reason I didn't choose it is I wanted some other things and knew I might want/have to keep this one for a long time.
I use to feel like you do but after a few car projects I realized that I can buy better than OEM parts for less money than what the factory/dealer charges. For those that don't like to tinker, then a loaded car is the better choice for them.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:21 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

I don't disagree, Xedes.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:21 PM
gunterwalker
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by last901

Well the reason is because most of the Vettes go to upper middle class people that use the car on the weekend and like to have all the little gadgets. I have a 1LT here and when I get a C7 it will have more options. I will get the highest option package that doesn't make me get the POS factory navigation. I had factory nav in my Tahoe and have it currently in my 09 Silverado. I was OK until we purchased our MB and then I reaized it was bad. When I put the Pioneer nav in the vette I realized its unacceptable. I love my car but the only reason I got it was because of the color. I only wanted DSOM or AO and purchased quickly because I had the bug. I could've waited but I didn't want to. I got a good enough deal for me and the car is what I wanted minus a few options.

Get notified of new replies

To Indulge me, I am a happy 1LT Owner

Old 02-17-2011, 09:22 PM
usraptor
Burning Brakes

Mines a 3LT, but I bought it used and it came that way. The color, 6mn, Z51 and chrome wheels were my primary concerns. However, had I ordered/bought new I still would have ordered the 3LT. Don't care much one way or the other about the Nav, but do love the HUD after driving my wife's Acadia with it for the past 3 years. Also, love the power heated seats (Utah-winters) especially the lower lumbar support. And I admit I'm lazy, I like the radio controls on the steering wheel.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:27 PM
talionstallion21
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1LT for me also. I'm very happy with it but don't know any better. It did come with some nice options: NPP, chrome wheels, two tops, and F55. I like it!
Old 02-17-2011, 09:41 PM
ken breaux
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

2008 1LT here. I have always wanted a vett and this was affordable. I have added home-link and reproduction spyder wheels, painted my own hood liner and enjoying every day of ownership.

Quick Reply: Indulge me, I am a happy 1LT Owner