C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indulge me, I am a happy 1LT Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 04:48 PM
y2kvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I owned a 1lt (2002 c5) once and it would be the last. Maybe the C6 has a better layout for 1lt?

below observation is c5 not c6

I'm 6' tall and i like to stretch out a bit.

telescopic steering wheel is a must if you don't want your knee's close to the lower dash.

I don't like a steering wheel that is fixed. and no, i'm not the type that likes to lay down when driving.

HUD is a must as it fits this sports car, a fighter jet with wheels

Once you have and use a option you will miss it in your next vette.

GM NAV is a waste of money for what your getting compared to after market.

I have a 2lz '08 Z06 that I'm very happy with, 3lz would be nice

Last edited by y2kvette; 02-20-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:04 AM
DJSpeece
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was fortunate that my dealer, Criswell Chevrolet (Gaithersburg MD) had nearly every trim line and color available when I bought my 2010 1LT MN6 coupe about a year ago. This is my first Corvette as well. My salesman, Joey, completely understood why I wanted a 1LT and didn't press me. To me, a 1LT is the epitomy of a sports car, and more reminescent of the earlier Vettes I recall seeing and occasionally riding in as a young man. I am blessed that I could afford a more loaded Vette, but they just did not appeal to me as much.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:31 AM
MaineCorvette
Intermediate

I bought my very first Corvette in December 2009 it is a 1LT and I'm happy with my car.

I have added NPP exhaust and HomeLink to control the NPP and my garage doors.
I just bought a transparent roof from Gene and a bunch of GM factory accessories.
The bottom line is I spent ~$3K on my 1LT accessories and everything is now to my liking.
The Base Corvette really is a value if you don't want or need all the options but that's just good old American marketing!!

The only thing I really, really miss GM, is a telescopic steering wheel my GTO's had manual telescopic steering wheels which would be fine in the
1LT package!!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Ernest
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm happy with my my 1LT Z51
Old 02-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Kwagnerhvac
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by robertaj
it seems to be one of those you dont know what your missing until you have it ... at least for me it was like that ....

I didnt care about heated seats or memory seats (im the only driver of my car) or anything like that BUT a MUST was HUD...

I fell upon a 3LT and WOW ... not only is hte NAV ported through the HUD.. which is AMAZING (once you spend like 10 hours learning how to use the NAV its not that bad).

and Heated seats when I got I thought thats silly... I wont be driving the car in the winter duh!... boy are they nice for cruising in the fall with the top off.... I think the next vette will have to be the same setup!!!!

Now i wonder who pays more for the 4LT lol but im sure if i got used to that I would enjoy that too!
I agree! Once you have it, you will always want it!

Last edited by Kwagnerhvac; 02-21-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:54 PM
RHFD122
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

1LT (2006) for me due to the cost factor. I wanted a new vs a used Vette but I could not afford the extra $5,000 for the 3LT package. After 5 years, I continue to enjoy my Vette.

I recently purchased (through this forum) a used auto dimming/compas (inside) rear view mirror for only $125. That mirror came off of a Z06 model that was wrecked in an accident. The mirror works great, no rewiring or computer modification was needed.

The installation was easy, simply turning the base of the mirror 30 to 45 degrees and it pops out. Reverse to install the replacement mirror.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Bentley's Folly
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

I have an '08 2LT manual convertible which I ordered in July of '07. In '08, the 2LT package was standard in the convertible, but for me, the 1LT would have been fine. The only options I ordered were: Z51, QG7 polished wheels, and the NPP exhaust. My dealer had no info on the exhaust, but I ordered it anyway, and really like it--- totally quiet during normal cruising, but a great sound under power! I've noticed after checking the CORVETTE BLACK BOOK that 88% of '08 convertibles are equipped with either the 3LT or 4LT equipment groups, but the 2LT was right for me. NO regrets!!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:01 PM
zreddog
Advanced

St. Jude Donor '11
Default 4LT is so nice

I found a gently used 2010 4LT Grand Sport. the price was right so I bought it.

all I can say is WOW! Its so nice compared to my C5 Z06.
I think the only real difference ( from a 3LT) is the leather wraped everything. this car feels so luxurious and I think it is quieter too! No sqeeking dash parts to listen to.

Anyway - You get used to what you know.

My 2 cents

Chris
Old 02-24-2011, 07:32 PM
bigblock427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,355 Likes on 1,062 Posts

I previously owned an '09 2LT w/Z51. It did not come with the HUD, which I did miss having (I owned an '02 Z06 that had the HUD). The one real option of the 2LT that I really wanted were the two tone seats. I did like the adjustable side bolsters. I liked the 2LT package, but to me it was not worth the $5,300 additional cost. My '09 was totaled in an Oklahoma hail storm last May. That is when I bought my current 2010 GS.

The three main options I wanted were the manual transmission, dual mode exhaust, and painted wheels. The GS I bought had those options, the pedal covers (which I did not want) and the front license plate holder (which I don't need). No other options. I am satisfied with what I bought, but I would still like to have the two tone seats and the HUD.

Quick Reply: Indulge me, I am a happy 1LT Owner