C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horn not working?

Old 02-04-2011, 09:10 PM
corvette-kyle
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Horn not working?

I'm not familiar but with car horns but it seems one of two horns does not work when I hit the horn on my 2008 base c6. It's a horrible noise and I refuse to use the horn because it sounds like a Prius or a bike toot.

However, if I remember the car alarm horn works fine. I have to clarify this tomorrow morning but is the alarm horn and the steering wheel horn different? If not, could there be some connection loose with the steering wheel horn?

If the actual horn is broken, how would I get this replaced? - If it will cost me a fortune with corvette tax, I wouldn't mind getting a loud aftermarket horn... Opinions?

Thanks.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:55 PM
jmoffett
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 19 Posts

I have replaced my horns due to getting water in them...it's not a difficult job. I used salvage yard horns from another GM vehicle. The replacements are again sounding pretty puny. I'm looking for some aftermarket horns that are impervious to water, but I'm afraid that means I'll have to settle for the *** job sound.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Horn not working?