C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

•► ► If you have a Chuck CoW 3.42 REAR END A6 ATTACK PACKAGE - JUMP IN HERE! ◄ ◄•

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 12:14 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default •► ► If you have a Chuck CoW 3.42 REAR END A6 ATTACK PACKAGE - JUMP IN HERE! ◄ ◄•

If you have a Chuck CoW 3.42 REAR END A6 ATTACK PACKAGE - JUMP IN HERE!

Hey Guys, thanks for stopping in.... Yesterday, I got a call from Gene Esnes...

It was a great call because I has just spent Saturday in Coral Springs, Florida

installing and tuning another of my 3.42 A6 ATTACK PACKAGES for him and

he decided to call me and tell me how much he loved it and how it totally changed his car.

We spoke for a while and I really appreciated all nice comments about the product....

Here's the problem: I LOVE THIS PRODUCT and when I try to sell it to customers,

I always feel like a used car salesman. I get excited and feel like I'm over selling it.

According to Gene, I'm under-selling my tune and rear end. I just don't want to sound

like sounding like I'm BS'ing or anything, but I really believe in this mod and

unfortunately, I see so many guys on the forum spending money on mods

that are just not right for their car, or their budget. I really believe in building

a strong foundation and modding from there.

So, I figured that instead of "ME" selling my rear end, I figured I invite some of

my existing 3.42 A6 ATTACK PACKAGE customers to leave their comments here.

I figure that new customers would rather hear from guys that already did it than from me....

Here we go guys.... The floor is YOURS!

Chuck CoW

Old 01-18-2011, 10:40 AM
joe11204
Procharged F1X 7.18 @ 197
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

I can attest from first hand experience that the Trans Tune and 3.42 gears that Chuck installs are a great addition to an A6 C6. This package improves the acceleration and overall feel of the car. I had the pleasure of testing a C6Vert at Atco with Chuck's package and for a bolt-on only car it was quick.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Nd4spd2
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Chuck did my tune originally about 2 1/2 years ago and the following summer I drove out and had him do the 342 gear change and appropriate tune changes. While the original tune really woke the car up, the gear change made it an animal in comparison. It's much more fun to drive and guess what, 6th gear is actually useful now and feels like it has some pep. The car shifts normal when driving normal but step on the go pedal and you better be pointed in the right direction and when it shifts you know it. My car is a widebody with 345 rear tires and with the gear when it shifts to 3rd gear at 80mph it rips the tires loose. All I have is the tune, gear and vararam, otherwise it's bone stock. I'm quite happy with the setup.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:27 PM
TysonJones
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im interested in the 3.15 package. Assume all the following on a stock 2011 Grand Sport.

A few questions:

1. What is the price for the 3.15/3.42 package along with tune.

2. What is the rpm at 60mph with either ratio.

3. Any noticeable mpg loss on highway?

4. How much quarter mile improvement are we talking?
Old 01-18-2011, 12:30 PM
TysonJones
Racer

Originally Posted by Nd4spd2
Chuck did my tune originally about 2 1/2 years ago and the following summer I drove out and had him do the 342 gear change and appropriate tune changes. While the original tune really woke the car up, the gear change made it an animal in comparison. It's much more fun to drive and guess what, 6th gear is actually useful now and feels like it has some pep. The car shifts normal when driving normal but step on the go pedal and you better be pointed in the right direction and when it shifts you know it. My car is a widebody with 345 rear tires and with the gear when it shifts to 3rd gear at 80mph it rips the tires loose. All I have is the tune, gear and vararam, otherwise it's bone stock. I'm quite happy with the setup.
That's impressive. My stock one will burn second under the right conditions but, ripping 3rd, Thats appealing.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:26 PM
eugenee326
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I Can't Agree More

Originally Posted by Nd4spd2
Chuck originally did my 06 A6 vert tune also about 2 years ago - Vararam, 160 Stat and engine/A6 tune down in South Florida. It was a remarkable start esp for the money. That by itself is a NO BRAINER for anyone thinking of turning their Corvette into a Corvette - especially in Florida. The cold air intake and 160 stat make it perform dramatically more consistant in our heat and humidity. Before on hot, muggy days it would sometimes feel like I left the engine in the garage.
Now I just had Chuck do the 3.42 attack rear and Z-51 stabilizers. I can't imagine a better progression - and again for the money. Chuck does undersell this package. It makes this car incredibly more fun on a day to day basis - 0 to 50 mph. What I appreciate the most about Chuck is his respect for the basic engineering Chevy put into this car in the first place. He knows how to make it come alive - working with it - not against it.
As an added unanticapted bonus, this rear, with the Z-51 bars, has made the car feel and perform so much more solid - I didn't realize there was so much slop in the original setup.
So for you A6 chickens out there, here's a very logical progression: Cold air intake, 160 stat, 3.42 rear, Chuck COW Tune - oh, thats right, THE ATTACK PACKAGE.
From there you can still do anything you else you want - but I'm sure you won't regret starting out this way.
THANKS AGAIN, CHUCK
Gene
Old 01-18-2011, 05:37 PM
tloon
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 137 Posts

I got my '10 Grand Sport in August. I sold my 07 A6 at that time also. The 07 had cold air, headers, and Chuck's 3.15s. I think I was one of the first to have his rearends installed. This thing was an absolute beast after that. Completely drivable, and docile everyday, but nail it and,... unbelievable. What a huge difference. At the time, Chuck suggested the 3.42's, but I was hesitant. Should have done it after seeing what the 3.15's did. I had the GS down to him in October for a tune, and cold air. Once again, huge difference. I tell everyone that the closest thing I can relate it to is taking the 500 lb trailer off the back of the car. The next mod will definately be the 3.42's this time. For the money, there is no bigger bang for the buck. After seeing the difference with the LS2, should be interesting with the LS3. I hated to sell the 07, but had the opportunity to move up to a wide body, which I like. Could be right back where I started, and beyond, soon.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:38 PM
racerx8
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Hey Chuck just saw this post so I thought I'd give a review.
My '07 C6 A6 coupe got the CoW 3:15 Treatment (first set I believe) three years ago. ARH headers, Halltech, and the CoW 3:15 package and WOW what a difference. Now since AFR 205's, LPE GT11 cam, FAST 92, etc. (435 rwhp) and a CoW retune AWESOME performance.
CoW 3:42 A6 Attack package may be one of the best bang for the buck deals around.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:47 PM
larryfl1
Instructor

Chuck did the tune on my 07 convert this past weekend in florida...the car is now awesome..thanks chuck..

chuck put me down for the gear change for your next trip to florida.....

Larry Frank
Old 01-18-2011, 09:31 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Please clear your inbox.....

Originally Posted by TysonJones
Im interested in the 3.15 package. Assume all the following on a stock 2011 Grand Sport.

A few questions:

1. What is the price for the 3.15/3.42 package along with tune.

2. What is the rpm at 60mph with either ratio.

3. Any noticeable mpg loss on highway?

4. How much quarter mile improvement are we talking?
Please clear your inbox.....or give me a call in the shop today.

914-332-0049

Thanks
Chuck
Old 01-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Shysterman69
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I also had the 3.42 attack package done in back in Oct of 09. I have been very pleased with the results, really woke the car up at any speed. I am most likely due for a update to the programming, I just need to findout when Chuck will be near my area again. He was a great guy to work with, really has a passion about doing it right the first time.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:43 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Yeah, That's one of my favorite packages EVER!

Yeah, That's one of my favorite packages EVER!

Now that the AutoCal is such a big success, We sell so many more 3.42 rears cause it's easy for the installer to tune it.....

I see lots more guys going for this package lately.

Especially A6 Grand Sport guys... They got the motor and the tires to really take advantage of it!

Chuck CoW
Old 04-26-2011, 03:59 PM
yellowzhz
Advanced

Any quarter mile times with this set up? I was thinking about doing it to keep up with the z06 at the track. Let me know.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Deicide
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Chuck,

Any chance of you making it out to CA? We have a lift at my work.

Can't wait until my Autocal gets here. Would have purchased this at the same time if you were more local. Sounds like a great package.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:12 PM
WV Vette
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Chuck, do you do a 3.90 or 4.10 gear swap for us 6 speed manual guys? I have a '10 base coupe and think a 4.10 gear and tune would make this thing just downright mean. I would be interested in a quote for it if you do them.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:01 AM
CopRodder
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

If you have an A6 the tune should be a no-brainer. Having the tranny and engine tune (along with 160 stat, vararam, headers)were by far the best thing I have done and worst to my car. I only say worst is because now I can't stop driving it. (I wasted alot of $ on a second car i don't use ) the tune absolutely makes this car come alive. I have since done the 3.42's (with hardened shafts knowing it will one day have a supercharger) and all I can say is WOW I thought the tune woke this up? Car is an absolute animal. Just an absolute
amazing package for the $$$. Soon as the rear was broken in I was immediately back at C.O.W. Having the edelbrock supercharger installed. Now I just drive around with this ear to ear grin on a daily basis. Thanks Chuck and Crew it was a lot of fun hangin with you
guys. For the $$ the ATTACK pkg. Is by far the way to go. This is an extremely knowledgeable and professional group of guys. Chuck even talked me out of spending money on things I did not need. Try to find that nowadays most shops are completely opposite and try to sell you things you don't need. Thanks guys will be seeing you soon......................
Old 08-18-2011, 01:43 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Default Thanks MARK!

Originally Posted by CopRodder
If you have an A6 the tune should be a no-brainer. Having the tranny and engine tune (along with 160 stat, vararam, headers)were by far the best thing I have done and worst to my car. I only say worst is because now I can't stop driving it. (I wasted alot of $ on a second car i don't use ) the tune absolutely makes this car come alive. I have since done the 3.42's (with hardened shafts knowing it will one day have a supercharger) and all I can say is WOW I thought the tune woke this up? Car is an absolute animal. Just an absolute
amazing package for the $$$. Soon as the rear was broken in I was immediately back at C.O.W. Having the edelbrock supercharger installed. Now I just drive around with this ear to ear grin on a daily basis. Thanks Chuck and Crew it was a lot of fun hangin with you
guys. For the $$ the ATTACK pkg. Is by far the way to go. This is an extremely knowledgeable and professional group of guys. Chuck even talked me out of spending money on things I did not need. Try to find that nowadays most shops are completely opposite and try to sell you things you don't need. Thanks guys will be seeing you soon......................

Thanks MAN! Can't wait to see your MONSTER at CARLISLE!!!

Chuck CoW
Old 08-18-2011, 07:39 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 396 Likes on 361 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by CopRodder
Thanks ! You saved me a lot of typing. Your post is basically the exact story of my car and my thoughts on CoW and the attack package. I believe your car was there while they were doing mine. I've had just about every car there is and never one more fun to drive than this with these mods. Now to work on finding some traction !!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:42 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowzhz
Any quarter mile times with this set up? I was thinking about doing it to keep up with the z06 at the track. Let me know.
3.42s are a fantastic mod for the A6, as is tuning, but you'll need far more than that to keep up with a Z06.

That's no reason NOT to start modding your car though, and gears and a tune is a good place to start.

Get notified of new replies

To •► ► If you have a Chuck CoW 3.42 REAR END A6 ATTACK PACKAGE - JUMP IN HERE! ◄ ◄•

Quick Reply: •► ► If you have a Chuck CoW 3.42 REAR END A6 ATTACK PACKAGE - JUMP IN HERE! ◄ ◄•