C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question to the HUD experts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 04:46 AM
Salt
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Question to the HUD experts?

Guys, so far I'm enjoying the Head up display and it's on all the time, my question is this, at night with the headlights on the HUD does not come up, I'm thinking it's a safety thing, and no harm no foul... then. during my last trip to Los Angeles I'm cruising with my brother in law and guess what? his HUD works just fine at night He has a 2008 Vert. I'm assuming there is a setting that I'm missing so it will work at night as well as during daylight hours? I know how to move the height adjustment, change the screen settings , I just don't know how to have it on at night, any advise oh wise and all knowing forum bretheren would be appreciated, Thanks,

This could get real embarrassing if it's something very simple that I missed, oh well thanks again....
Old 12-23-2010, 05:19 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

there's a brightness feature i think.It should come on with the lights at night and be bright enough for you to see.+- buttons if i remember correctly.or was it the dash lights dimmer switch that needs to be turned...
Old 12-23-2010, 06:23 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 73 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

The HUD should work day or night. The HUD brightness will change with the lights on and it is tied to the fob memory settings. If your HUD does not come on at night it is possible that someone set the HUD to dim at night and the memory settings are keeping it that way.

Start the car of a night, press the HUD "+" key to bring the brightness level up and see if you can see the HUD and shut the car off. The next time you start the car it should stay that way.

DIC Vehicle Personalization
Many features on your vehicle can be personalized.
This means that the operation of these features can be
set to operate differently depending on who is driving
the vehicle. See “Personal Options” later in this section
for the features that you can personalize.
The personalization settings for other features are
automatically updated and saved as the driver adjusts
them. These include the following settings and presets:
• The radio presets, tone, volume, fade, balance,
equalization (EQ) settings and source (radio or CD)
• The last climate control setting
• The Head-Up Display (HUD) position and dimming
level, if your vehicle has this feature
• The instrument panel cluster dimming level and last
selected DIC display
Separate personalization settings are saved for
two different drivers. One of the keyless access
transmitters is assigned to driver 1. The other is
assigned to driver 2. The back of the keyless access
transmitters are labelled 1 or 2 to correspond to each
driver.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:20 AM
Salt
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the info guys, I will give the dimmer +/- a try this weekend weather permitting. I have personalized a lot of the functions controlled by the DIC, I never thought the HUD settings could also be included, thanks Paul for the info, as I've stated before this type of help and info thats often given here is what makes this forum so special, thanks again guys,
Old 12-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Toney
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my '05 for 2 months now...the HUD will light up, go up and down in brightness and BEGIN to raise, but will quickly slam back down out of sight....I can see it illuminated on the glass, but the actual image is facing down, and will only come up for a second. does this sound like the pins/supports are broken?
Old 12-24-2010, 10:03 AM
05C6GAC
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toney
I've had my '05 for 2 months now...the HUD will light up, go up and down in brightness and BEGIN to raise, but will quickly slam back down out of sight....I can see it illuminated on the glass, but the actual image is facing down, and will only come up for a second. does this sound like the pins/supports are broken?
Same think happened on my 05, just befoe it failed completely, I just had mine replaced under extended warranty. Not Cheep!!! There is a Forum vendor in the notheast that is advertizing replacement and installation, that seemed reasonable.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:10 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Same think happened on my 05, just befoe it failed completely, I just had mine replaced under extended warranty. Not Cheep!!! There is a Forum vendor in the notheast that is advertizing replacement and installation, that seemed reasonable.

Get notified of new replies

To Question to the HUD experts?

Quick Reply: Question to the HUD experts?