C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remember on Veterans Day

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 07:30 PM
rkvett
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree with all these posts !!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:45 PM
NupeRanger
Advanced

Rest In Peace young warrior...

RLTW
Old 11-08-2010, 07:49 PM
CessnaDriver
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Couple years ago I donated my 89 Vette to Wounded Warriors.
Just a suggestion to keep in mind for an excellent cause.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:53 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by skipper972
In the past I've not been the one to start a thread like this, but that all changed Friday, 5 Nov, when my wife called me sobbing and told me of the death of our close friends' son. Sgt Michael Paranzino, United States Army, gave his last full measure Friday in Afghanistan. He was a 22 year old Soldier from Middletown RI that had already made one deployment to Iraq and on the backside of his deployment to Afghanistan; had just been home for R&R. He leaves behind a wife and two young sons.

No, there is no Corvette theme here, but I think we all care about our service members and veterans. Please remember Michael and his sacrifice on Veterans Day

Semper Fortis!
One vet here. It's never easy. Thank you for serving . My prayers for Michael and his family. I salute!
Old 11-08-2010, 08:15 PM
PeterSG
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20

Originally Posted by skipper972
In the past I've not been the one to start a thread like this, but that all changed....

No, there is no Corvette theme here, but I think we all care about our service members and veterans. Please remember Michael and his sacrifice on Veterans Day

Semper Fortis!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is a Corvette theme here.

The Corvette is a product of our free America. We are products of our free America. Without America's protectors and defenders, there would be no America or Corvette. Our lifestyles would not be possible.

The Corvette is the realization of what these Most Brave have volunteered to defend and died defending.

Most all of us on this forum are substantively aware every day of our good fortune. Most of us thank and appreciate each and every defender of America for all that we have.

We will continue to have our free America if we carry on in the fine tradition of yesterday's and today's defenders by doing tomorrow the good that is intrinsically America.

We must carry on in their tradition for that is our grandest honoring of these Most Brave.

God Bless this dear fighting man and his family.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:11 PM
da_vato
Instructor

To all that have posted here, THANK YOU, for your obvious daily support. I am a Soldier of 11 years 9 of which were overseas 4 being combat zones. I am currently scheduled for my 5th combat tour pending medical clearance. I cant tell you guys how good it makes us feel with all the support for the troops now days. I joined in a peace time army and there wasnt always the support there is today. Myself, my brother and extended brothers and sisters are proud to keep the American dream alive and are trully strengthened by you guys showing your support and enjoying your freedoms that we often do not get to enjoy ourselves.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:01 AM
AlfredMay
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

da vato

Thanks for serving. If you think support for your early tours was lacking, you should have seen what it was like during Vietnam......... the war I seved in. If you are deployed and are in the 101st Airborne, then be on the lookout for some of the care packages I am sending to my old unit. Be careful and come home safe........ America thanks you.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:01 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Every year Branson, Missouri goes out of their way to support our Veterans. This week there are around 40,000 veterans plus their spouses in Branson. Thursday morning(Veterans Day) there will be a parade in downtown Branson and I am glad to be able to participate. I will be taking two Veterans in the parade in my C2. Me and another old fart(and I say that with love).
Old 11-09-2010, 07:31 PM
da_vato
Instructor

Originally Posted by AlfredMay
da vato

Thanks for serving. If you think support for your early tours was lacking, you should have seen what it was like during Vietnam......... the war I seved in. If you are deployed and are in the 101st Airborne, then be on the lookout for some of the care packages I am sending to my old unit. Be careful and come home safe........ America thanks you.
Alfred, I do know but not first hand my grandpa and uncles would tell me about it. I am in the 101st and a Curahee to top it off. Band of Brothers..... the legend continues as we say now a days.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:11 PM
wxmcpo
Racer

Originally Posted by BrianH
Don''t take this the wrong way, but Veterans day is just a day of the year. There are 364 other days of the year that you should be thanking and be thankful for those who gave some and especially those who gave all for us. Past and present men & women serving our nation deserve our respect and our support(especially when it comes to writing politicians) every day and Every day is a good day to recognize a hat, a plate, a shirt, etc.. and extend a thank you or buy a beer/breakfast etc.. for those who have been put in the thick of the **** in our name.

To those who respond to the things that go bump in the night so that I may sleep soundly, thank you.

Also, Don't forget about our current troops deployed. Everyone knows someone that is or who has a loved one deployed. Get their APO, spend an hour on a weekend putting together a care pack for them and send someone in distant land a reminder that people at home are thinking about them and hopefully give them a smile. 12.50 shipping for a flat rate APO box && 30 bucks or so can go a long ways.
So true and that shipping goes down to $11.95 if you do it via online shipping through USPS and you get free delivery confirmation also (saves an additional 70 cents). Those care packages really do make a difference for the service members serving overseas. For some it's the only care packages/mail they'll receive.

I have 24+ years in myself so far and will continue to serve for as long as they will let me. I still love putting on the uniform and love what I do.

To make this semi Corvette related, I am getting ready to deploy to the middle east for 7 months and sure will miss driving my vette.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:45 PM
BrianH
Burning Brakes

For those who have posted in this thread who have earned the right to be called a veteran, thank you.

Also, I just saw this on TV && came online to research: http://www.goldencorral.com/military/ - A pretty cool offering IMO. While much more is deserved, it's a nice gesture.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:50 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Unfortunately most Americans don't even know what day Veterans Day is based on or why it is always on November 11th. Most states don't even recognize it as a paid holiday.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:30 PM
AlfredMay
Racer

da vato

CURRAHEE and STANDS ALONE
What BN are you in? If you have a chance trot on over to the A Company RVN Memorial and say hello to some of my Currahee Brothers. Go here, I am the one in the blue blazer and Panama hat.
http://www.506infantry.org/hisvietna...nvnmemo15.html
Old 11-11-2010, 08:53 AM
da_vato
Instructor

Im in 1-61 CAV, 506th grew to a brigade and adopted us per say.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Oz's 59
Instructor

We are proud parents of a son who enlisted in the Air Force on 911. In mid-August he returned from his 6th deployment and will be heading back out again in January. He'll be leaving his best "Buddy" (a 4-year old son), a wife who just discovered they'll be having a 2nd child, two brothers and two parents who love him very much. We all sleep much better when he's back in the states. May God bless them ALL!
Old 11-11-2010, 10:44 AM
sgac6
Advanced

My Father (deceased) is a WWII Vet and I'm a 100% disabled USAF Vet. I thank all for their service. If you have an Applebee's nearby, they are feeding Vets free today.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:34 AM
AlfredMay
Racer

Da Vato

I know the whole story as I am the 506th Association LNO to the Active Duty Troops. I work with the Rear D on a regular basis. Right now we are working on the completion of the Currahee KIA Memorial with Rear D Commander, MAJ Schultz.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:55 AM
da_vato
Instructor

Alfred,
Its needed but that doesnt sound like a fun job for that part. Im trying my hardest to get cleared and get over there. Some call me a war junky.... its just my place is with my troops. You should hit me up the next time your are in town, we can hit up breakfast or lunch.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:46 AM
AlfredMay
Racer

da vato

I am about 950 miles from Clarksville, but I do get there. I can tell you this, I will definately be there for any home coming celebration and the rededication of the KIA Memorial when all the WWII and RVN names are engraved. I agree it would be nice to meet. Sent you a private message. If you ever see a Torch Red C6 vert with NJ CIB Combat Veteran plates....... that is me.

Currahee,
Fred

Quick Reply: Remember on Veterans Day