C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re:"Being screwed with"

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 10:13 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Received 406 Likes on 273 Posts

Default Re:"Being screwed with"

Lol, I had some AH in a Mitsu Evo this weekend tailgating and messing with me, so at a light when he was blocked by cars on both sides and behind, I got out and politely informed him that if he persisted, I'd pull his dumb *** out through the side window and thrash the snot out of him, and even god couldn't help him if he rear-ended me. Problem solved, the little punk was pretty freaked I think. maybe not the best approach, but tailgaters really **** me off, and this moron was really agressive.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

That is one way to handle it.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

My Corvette seems to get more than it's fair share of tailgaters. It drives me nuts.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:24 AM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I certainly understand your frustration. BUT you're lucky he wasn't like a lot of Corvette owners who would pull their 9mm on you when you got out of your car to physically threaten them.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:27 AM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Street Rat
My Corvette seems to get more than it's fair share of tailgaters. It drives me nuts.
Originally Posted by vettedoogie
I certainly understand your frustration. BUT you're lucky he wasn't like a lot of Corvette owners who would pull their 9mm on you when you got out of your car to physically threaten them.
I didn't threaten him, I just stated a fact in a way that he could easily understand, to elicit a certain response, and it worked. I never mentioned the fact that I carry a 5th degree Black Belt. I see your point and I do agree, but this guy was about to cause an accident and invole me in it.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Never Say Never
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mitsu Ewo...

I understand the frustration. However, be careful when confronting people as there are a lot of crazy individuals on the road. Getting hurt over a traffic altercation is not worth it.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:44 AM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by TKgs2010
I didn't threaten him, I just stated a fact in a way that he could easily understand, to elicit a certain response, and it worked. I never mentioned the fact that I carry a 5th degree Black Belt. I see your point and I do agree, but this guy was about to cause an accident and invole me in it.
I'd pull his dumb *** out through the side window and thrash the snot out of him, and even god couldn't help him if he rear-ended me....the little punk was pretty freaked I think.
Again, I understand but your actions definitely would have constituted a threat to me. People with guns who are scared/freaked out do dumb things. Just sayin'...
Old 10-25-2010, 10:49 AM
wolfdogs
Le Mans Master

Location: Stafford VA, home of our wolf den. No house break ins to date.
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

do what i do.... cause i cant stand tailgaters... turn into a parking lot, come to a stop. and sit there........ (for persistent tailgaters, not momentarily... ) or if you have a passenger.. have them stick a cell phone out the window and take a picture with it getting his face... that will make him worry for a while... LOL
Old 10-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Last time I asked my 9mm the reply was " I don't fear any stinking belt of any color "

Seriously though, I understand your frustration. The behavior exhibited by you though is risky in the least. Most importantly your going in with no recon. You have no idea what this idiots mental state is or if he is carrying. He could be having a bad day and be very unpredictable.

Many scenarios possible with no preparation on your part.

Seems now a days most do not have a chance to use hand to hand. Too many guns and knives about.

I do own, and respect your training.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:18 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by vettedoogie
Old 10-25-2010, 11:18 AM
alandchris
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used to tap the brake to 'remind' the one behind me to knock it off, and when that didn't work, brake hard to **** the person off - especially when he/she spilled a cup of coffee on him/her - but now when it happens to me, i just find a place to move over and let the person just pass me. i have 4 kids and a wife - i just dont need the 'what could happen' scenario
Old 10-25-2010, 11:20 AM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Reminds me of Indiana Jones when the guy was twirling the sword, doing all the fancy crap and Harrison Ford pulls out his gun and shoots him.
Like others have said, you never know who carries and what their mental state is.
But, hopefully you cured him of his tailgating practices...
You could always get that bumper sticker
"Unless you're a Hemmoroid, get off my ***"
Old 10-25-2010, 11:56 AM
CYA OFSR
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sure if he got out of his car and attacked you head on you would subdue him and he would regret trifling with you. However, as experienced by a friend of mine, what if he followed you to your destination and when you weren't expecting it, blind sided you with a punch or worse, a weapon.

All the training and belts will do nothing to help you in that situation, much as it didn't help my friend, with several black belts, who ended up with the loss of vision in one eye. Sure the attacker got jail time for his unexpected attack and punches to my friend, but my friend has to remember for the rest of his life how he lost his vision and that was only over a few words and showing the universal symbol for ornithology. (flipping the bird)
Old 10-25-2010, 12:09 PM
TKgs2010
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Boomer111
Last time I asked my 9mm the reply was " I don't fear any stinking belt of any color "

Seriously though, I understand your frustration. The behavior exhibited by you though is risky in the least. Most importantly your going in with no recon. You have no idea what this idiots mental state is or if he is carrying. He could be having a bad day and be very unpredictable.

Many scenarios possible with no preparation on your part.

Seems now a days most do not have a chance to use hand to hand. Too many guns and knives about.

I do own, and respect your training.
I agree, but just FYI, I knew the idiot, a local "golden spooner" kid mommy and daddy boutht his brand new EVO, and he's been a real pain to a lot of people, myself included. I just felt it was time to have a little chat with him, it was all in a pleasant tone, with a smile, but it did make my point. He even apologized, but next time (if there is one) I think since I've got his license number, I'll just call the Police and report an agressive driver.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:12 PM
kev1949
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tailgaters suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:17 PM
vettedoogie
Le Mans Master

I agree, but just FYI, I knew the idiot, a local "golden spooner" kid mommy and daddy boutht his brand new EVO, and he's been a real pain to a lot of people, myself included. I just felt it was time to have a little chat with him, it was all in a pleasant tone, with a smile, but it did make my point. He even apologized, but next time (if there is one) I think since I've got his license number, I'll just call the Police and report an agressive driver.
You didn't say before that you knew the kid...that is a different situation. Calling his folks is a good plan also.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:23 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,220 Likes on 831 Posts

Lol, I had some AH in a Mitsu Evo this weekend tailgating and messing with me, so at a light when he was blocked by cars on both sides and behind, I got out and politely informed him that if he persisted, I'd pull his dumb *** out through the side window and thrash the snot out of him, and even god couldn't help him if he rear-ended me. Problem solved, the little punk was pretty freaked I think. maybe not the best approach, but tailgaters really **** me off, and this moron was really agressive.

My hero....

Get notified of new replies

To Re:"Being screwed with"

Old 10-25-2010, 12:39 PM
LMB-C6
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think you handled it well - which is to say the NEXT time he sees your Corvette, his pea brain will flash back to the previous encounter where he almost creamed his shorts, and he will not mess with you (or probably any Corvette owner) again. If you had pulled over, let him by, etc., you would still have a problem the next time you 2 met up.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:43 PM
VettinFan
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

but just FYI, I knew the idiot, a local "golden spooner" kid mommy and daddy boutht his brand new EVO, and he's been a real pain to a lot of people, myself included. I just felt it was time to have a little chat with him, it was all in a pleasant tone, with a smile, but it did make my point. He even apologized, but next time (if there is one) I think since I've got his license number, I'll just call the Police and report an agressive driver.
Now that sheds a lot of new light on the subject. Calling LEO is the right approach and will probably get the best results, maybe once the parents find out they will pull the keys for awhile.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:05 PM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,008 Likes on 1,049 Posts

Originally Posted by VettinFan
Now that sheds a lot of new light on the subject. Calling LEO is the right approach and will probably get the best results, maybe once the parents find out they will pull the keys for awhile.
I tried the LEO approach once to a total failure. I was in the right lane with the cruise on, was approaching a slower vehicle, signaled, moved over passed the car, signaled, moved back after being a head a few car lengths, never touching the cruise control. turns out it was one of the guys (seems like almost everyone is) who just can't be passed. He immediately, speeds up and starts tailgating me. So, I throw on the hazards, and without slaming on the brakes, slow down about 10 MPH to 55 or so (it was a 65 zone) so he would pass me. He went flying by, and I got the jesture. I put the cruise back on, and sure enough a mile later catch up to him again and repeat the process. He started tailgating again...then I did the jesture (recognizing this is not helping.) Anyway, I go to exist the highway, and on the exist ramp, he litteraly runs me off the ramp onto the grass. I get out (cause I'm blocked on the grass) yell a little about how dangerous that was, and grab the phone and call the police. He waited for the police. The cop came, talked to him first. Comes up to me and starts lecturing me. I asked the cop what he thought happened, and did he realize I was the one who called the police. The officer said "It doesn't matter who called the police. He has a wife and a kid in the car, so he wouldn't lie to me, so you are lucky I don't bring you in."

So according to the cops keeping score: tailgater and dangerous driver 1, guy with cruise control set to speed limit 0.

Quick Reply: Re:"Being screwed with"