C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pinnacle on Black Random Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 02:38 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by VettinFan
The only way you can make a true comparison is in person, side by side. Same lighting, conditions, angles. etc. Not via a Internet photo. Ya know, just like they do in shows.
and this is why I choose the Pinnacle instead of Zaino. I have seen both in person, and to my own eyes, I liked Pinnacle better, and it does not take near the work Zaino does. Use a sealant underneath it and you are good to go.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:20 AM
jpuli28
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think Ill top the Zaino with the Pinnacle ... no really, I have both
Old 09-29-2010, 05:45 AM
jbust3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankTank
and this is why I choose the Pinnacle instead of Zaino. I have seen both in person, and to my own eyes, I liked Pinnacle better, and it does not take near the work Zaino does. Use a sealant underneath it and you are good to go.
Pinnacle on top of a Wolfgang sealer is the recipe I use on CRM .....
- It's what ever works for the individual-
Old 09-29-2010, 09:15 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran

Originally Posted by jbust3
Pinnacle on top of a Wolfgang sealer is the recipe I use on CRM .....
- It's what ever works for the individual-
I have heard alot of good things about Wolfgang... have you ever tried Rejex? That is what I used this time. I have a buddy that is using Wolfgang on his car also.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:15 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran

Originally Posted by jpuli28
Think Ill top the Zaino with the Pinnacle ... no really, I have both
oh good lord
Old 09-29-2010, 09:27 AM
jbust3
Instructor

I have heard alot of good things about Wolfgang... have you ever tried Rejex? That is what I used this time. I have a buddy that is using Wolfgang on his car also.
No on rejex , basically I lay down a buff with Meguiars Micro polish
Orange pad , Wolfgang Sealer , and pinnacle to top it off ... a little detail spray in between wax . The Guys at Auto Geek are a great help
in cooking up the recipe . Of course every one has a Opinion and or method this is just one of infinity in waxing treads
Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 AM
kev1n
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

car looks great OP. I've been using Zaino for a while, but I am always open to trying something different. My last time with Zaino I have way too much applied and the car looked like a streaky mess.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:18 AM
C7/Z06 Man
Safety Car

Received 449 Likes on 354 Posts

Default K.i.s.s.

Has anyone used Mothers "California Gold" by hand a few times in a row and how did that "mirror" reflection look?
Old 09-29-2010, 10:27 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran

Originally Posted by jbust3
No on rejex , basically I lay down a buff with Meguiars Micro polish
Orange pad , Wolfgang Sealer , and pinnacle to top it off ... a little detail spray in between wax . The Guys at Auto Geek are a great help
in cooking up the recipe . Of course every one has a Opinion and or method this is just one of infinity in waxing treads
I need try the meguires micro, I have heard good things on that too. Yea, Auto Geek has been a great help too,,I posted all kinds of questions on the detail forum and kirk answered all of them

Originally Posted by kev1n
car looks great OP. I've been using Zaino for a while, but I am always open to trying something different. My last time with Zaino I have way too much applied and the car looked like a streaky mess.
Zaino no doubt has a huge following and seems to be a great product, so I don't want to knock it, but I have read ALOT about the work involved and all the steps and just not for me

Originally Posted by Grand Sport Man
Has anyone used Mothers "California Gold" by hand a few times in a row and how did that "mirror" reflection look?
If have used Meguires California Gold Class, but not Mothers
Old 09-29-2010, 10:43 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Applying Zaino is no different than applying any other wax. With other good waxes you use a spray detailer just like Zaino as well as prep the surface for great results.

I think people get caught up in the Zaino prep and mistake it as a process involving too many steps. If a person wants their car to look good, you layer on the wax, spray detail in between, and lay on some more wax/sealant.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:21 AM
SCoach
Instructor

Originally Posted by LFZ
Applying Zaino is no different than applying any other wax. With other good waxes you use a spray detailer just like Zaino as well as prep the surface for great results.

I think people get caught up in the Zaino prep and mistake it as a process involving too many steps. If a person wants their car to look good, you layer on the wax, spray detail in between, and lay on some more wax/sealant.
Maybe Zaino is different than other products, but every other sealant I have ever used is applied to bare surface. I don't know of any sealants that are used over a wax, since sealants form a chemical bond with the paint.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:26 AM
SCoach
Instructor

Originally Posted by Grand Sport Man
I used it some time ago and didn't find it anything remarkable. I did hear some noise in the community about their "Reflections" line, but that's since petered out. I see they have a professional line now as well.

There's just too many products out there these days to try them all. And now that you have stores selling real pro-level stuff (Megs Brown bottles, Surf City) over the counter, the home user is really spoiled for choice.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:27 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by SCoach
Maybe Zaino is different than other products, but every other sealant I have ever used is applied to bare surface. I don't know of any sealants that are used over a wax, since sealants form a chemical bond with the paint.
Zaino is applied to bare surface as well.

I think the last part of my post may have been confusing, but I meant "wax" as in Zaino/Sealant/Pinnacle/whatever.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:18 PM
SCoach
Instructor

Ahh gotcha! Yea, that was a bit confusing the way you worded it. Thanks for clarifying.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:30 PM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally, I think they all look great. Finding minute differences in these products from a picture on a screen is just not possible. How many variables are there? Too many to list.
I've tried many of these products and have used Zaino and Rejex for a while now.
Frankly I like simple; and Zaino was more to my liking when it was just Z1 (the brownish smelly pre-wax) and Z2 which smells like citrus.
At the end of the day though, what really counts is the prep...anybody who's ever painted a wall or held a buffer knows that.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:02 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran

Originally Posted by BSE1956
Personally, I think they all look great. Finding minute differences in these products from a picture on a screen is just not possible. How many variables are there? Too many to list.
I've tried many of these products and have used Zaino and Rejex for a while now.
Frankly I like simple; and Zaino was more to my liking when it was just Z1 (the brownish smelly pre-wax) and Z2 which smells like citrus.
At the end of the day though, what really counts is the prep...anybody who's ever painted a wall or held a buffer knows that.
each person has what they like and there are tons of products out there to choose from which is a good thing.

I had never used Pinnacle before my C6, and was very impressed with the results, hence why I posted this thread.

I was perfectly happy with Meguires Gold Class paste on my Torch Red C5, just decided to try Pinnacle for something different on this car.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:06 PM
tonyasc6
Drifting

looks good.....is pinnacle a mail order product only..?

Get notified of new replies

To Pinnacle on Black Random Pics

Old 09-29-2010, 01:13 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran

Originally Posted by tonyasc6
Yes, and it is expensive, but for me it was well worth it.

Autogeek is a forum vendor and they sell it

http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacleprod.html

I just use the Carnuba Wax, car wash, Quick mist detail and Spray wax sometimes in between waxes. I don't use the entire lineup.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:51 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 661 Likes on 443 Posts

Yuor car looks like it's chromed in those shots...

Originally Posted by wolfdogs
really? not taking away from the poster, sir, your car looks awesome...

97 Firehawk, zaino.. 4 yr old Hawk...

2008 c6....... 7k miles...

just sayin..............................

Old 09-29-2010, 08:51 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyasc6
Yes, and it is expensive, but for me it was well worth it.

Autogeek is a forum vendor and they sell it

http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacleprod.html

I just use the Carnuba Wax, car wash, Quick mist detail and Spray wax sometimes in between waxes. I don't use the entire lineup.
As offered Pinnacle is a complete line and sold in several kit forms and piece by piece. If you dont polish paint, consider the paint cleansing lotion to clean and prep paint. All the Pinnacle waxes are pure waxes with no cleaners or polishing agents in them, simply protection.

Pinnacle Souveran Paste -- blacks, reds, and yellows are best looking with this paste wax. You should easily see 35 or more applications on a Vette. It glows and offers depth of an Estate Wax at a price that is lower than the competitors it was designed to surpass.

Pinnacle Sig Series II --- this paste wax was designed for lighter colors and metallics. It has polymers that really seem to enhance durability and amplify lighter colors.

Pinnacle Souveran Liquid ---- looks great on all colors and lasts a long time. It can be applied to entire vehicle and buffed off after versus the others that can be buffed as you go. The formula is completely different than paste version but a great product in its own right.

To keep each wax up as long as possible consider using the soap and spray's at each wash session.

Quick Reply: Pinnacle on Black Random Pics