C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carisle Corvette Parade - Worth it $

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 01:32 PM
deathcharge
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Carisle Corvette Parade - Worth it $

For those of you that have participated, is the corvette parade worthwhile? I missed the online pre register but I was debating on it if I get there in time to sign up. Is it worth $35? How long does it last?

Thanks
Geno
Old 08-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Compaq
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey G,

I've never been to Carlisle. I just got off the phone with some broad who was telling me about the different events. Apparently they start lining up for the parade around 6pm. There is a limit on the number of cars, I think she said around 500. You roll out and get to your spot by around 7pm and you get a t-shirt...

You dont have to stay long but they ask that you stay for at-least 15 minutes, which says to me that you get there and you're like what the hell do I do now?

I'll probably do it anyway.

Here is the number I called 717 243 7855. Good luck.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:13 PM
deathcharge
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hah, thanks for your input Jake. That's sort of what I was thinking. I seen a youtube video of the parade start to finish and it was like 5 minutes.

So a 5 min cruise and a t shirt for $35. Hope it's a nice t shirt...
Old 08-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Finsandchrome
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

When did they start charging for this parade?
Old 08-26-2010, 05:14 PM
ninjavette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never been in the parade but to me it honestly doesn't seem worth it. You start from the fairgrounds and cruise at a parade pace to the center of town which is literally about 1 mile away. You then park in the center of the road (the main street is blocked off from parking the night before) and then you can walk around to the little shops, which don't have much and a lot aren't open, and listen to a live band. The only perk I see is getting to park in the middle of the street next to other Corvettes. Other than that, I don't see your experience being any better than those of us who park on a side street and walk. JMO
Old 08-26-2010, 08:31 PM
JW3101
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-‘17-‘18

They started charging recently. I've done it in the past, doesn't last long and you idle quite a bit. You can get the same effect for free by riding up to Carlisle with a club or just picking other 'Vettes along the way or just riding around town for that matter. The town isn't that big and is truly overtaken by Corvettes - so, you're pretty much in a parade whenever you're out and about town. Last year, we parked out cars and sat on the curb and watched the parade go by - which may have been better as we actually got to see more of the cars that way.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:22 PM
SunnyVette21
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In XI Veteran

My wife and I did last year. Last year they had everyone drive into the center of town and stop, park and open the cars up to the town for atleast 2 hours. They had a band playing at town hall. It was a total blast.

I highly encourage you to do it.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:07 PM
ghostRder
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Finsandchrome
When did they start charging for this parade?
Really, the last time I went if was free

Get notified of new replies

To Carisle Corvette Parade - Worth it $

Quick Reply: Carisle Corvette Parade - Worth it $