C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jeffhardy.com incomplete? 2011?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Gizmo78023
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default jeffhardy.com incomplete? 2011?

I have found a few cars not listed on jeffhardy.com when I dig around the chevy site's inventory search, and few listed that are not longer available (by a long time). How current and complete is this site really?

When will 2011's show up there to search, since they are showing up at dealerships?

seriously looking for a 'vette...

Dave
Old 08-18-2010, 01:49 PM
p4snow
Burning Brakes

Received 453 Likes on 244 Posts

I thought the Jeff Hardy web site was pretty accurate, but not so sure now. There is a dealer near Tampa, Stingray Chevrolet, that according to their web site has 44 2010 Vettes in stock, none of which are listed on Jeff's web site. How many more unaccounted for dealers there are is anyone's guess. Nevertheless, his web site represents a good starting point to search inventory.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:58 PM
FloridaGrandSport
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by p4snow
I thought the Jeff Hardy web site was pretty accurate, but not so sure now. There is a dealer near Tampa, Stingray Chevrolet, that according to their web site has 44 2010 Vettes in stock, none of which are listed on Jeff's web site. How many more unaccounted for dealers there are is anyone's guess. Nevertheless, his web site represents a good starting point to search inventory.

I noticed the same deal when I was looking at in stock C6s last year. Something must be different with Stingray?
Old 08-18-2010, 07:39 PM
3GenVettes
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

To the best of my knowledge Jeff Hardy is not a commercial site. Simply someone that wanted to do this. It has a wealth of information, and although it may not be perfect, it is an outstanding resource. My .02
Old 08-18-2010, 07:45 PM
cartop2
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

I found my car using his site and sent him a small donation in appreciation. I found his site much faster than the painful process of the GM searches. The cars I found on his site that I was interested in were available.
I bought a 2009 in April 2010 and took delivery in May 2010 from a dealer in Indianapolis. I live in Missouri.

If you are looking for 2011, save yourself some time and money. Just go to one of the Forum sponsors and let them get the car for you.

The GM information may not be completely up to date either. I have found that dealers sometimes leave cars listed after they are sold, especially if it is a car that draws attention. This was rampant a few months ago when I was trying to find a Camaro SS2 that met my requirements.

Last edited by cartop2; 08-18-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:31 PM
CO Lightfoot
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by cartop2
...If you are looking for 2011, save yourself some time and money. Just go to one of the Forum sponsors and let them get the car for you...
Old 09-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

I hope he updates his site soon to find the 2011's
Old 11-01-2010, 06:24 AM
okaythen
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 148 Posts

ya I was searching for new 2009 z06, and find a dealer that isn't listed there...so guys after jeffhardy's site where do I go to look for more new 09 z06? so far I used autotrader, ebay.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Don LT-1
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To ALL Corvette Forum Members;

It's time to help a friend in need. Jeff Hardy has been ill, and can't work. Jeff's site had been a blessing to everyone here on the Corvette Forum for years. I can't count how many threads have been discused using information gathered from it, or how many times I've read that members have shopped for, and found the Corvette of their dreams using Jeff's site. Best wishes are great, but best wishes AND CASH are much better. It's time to kick in for one of our Corvette Forum Brothers who has really given us all a great service over the years. Please go to Jeff's site and use the PayPal link to help a great friend! It will feel good! Get better Jeff!
Old 11-01-2010, 09:55 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Yea,he's sick.There was a thread on this the other day.Search it.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:11 AM
okaythen
Melting Slicks

hi guys if the car that's listed in jeffhardy is sold, how soon will it disappear from jeffhardy's database? like right away? or 1,2 days later?
Old 11-04-2010, 09:26 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

hi guys if the car that's listed in jeffhardy is sold, how soon will it disappear from jeffhardy's database? like right away? or 1,2 days later?
That's hard to say because the man is sick...
Old 11-04-2010, 10:03 AM
calmtgguy
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by okaythen
The first thing that will happen is when you click on the car the window sticker that comes up will be blank, then the car will disappear from search results altogether, as fast as the dealership deletes from available inventory.

Jeff Hardy's site, http://jeffhardy.com/lookupvette.php , is much eaiser to use than any G.M. consumer search site, as a matter of fact, Jeff's site is much better than what's available to sales managers at the dealerships that are trying to locate a certain car for a buyer. G.M. would be well served by hiring Jeff to set up consumer search sites for all of their models. G.M.'s consumer sites are slow, cumbersome, pains in the (_!_) to use.

Jeffs been ill for months, and has been unable to work, or set up the 2011 search site as of yet. Everybody here on the Corvette Forum is pulling for him here in this thread. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...eff-hardy.html
Old 11-04-2010, 12:59 PM
okaythen
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by calmtgguy
The first thing that will happen is when you click on the car the window sticker that comes up will be blank, then the car will disappear from search results altogether, as fast as the dealership deletes from available inventory.

Jeff Hardy's site, http://jeffhardy.com/lookupvette.php , is much eaiser to use than any G.M. consumer search site, as a matter of fact, Jeff's site is much better than what's available to sales managers at the dealerships that are trying to locate a certain car for a buyer. G.M. would be well served by hiring Jeff to set up consumer search sites for all of their models. G.M.'s consumer sites are slow, cumbersome, pains in the (_!_) to use.

Jeffs been ill for months, and has been unable to work, or set up the 2011 search site as of yet. Everybody here on the Corvette Forum is pulling for him here in this thread. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...eff-hardy.html
so even though he is sick someone is still taking care of the site and updating it?

I think you can just move the mouse over the car you wanna check, and look at the bottom of the browser if the link doesn't show up then the car is gone I guess. So you don't have to click on every car to find out if it's sold
Old 11-04-2010, 01:17 PM
calmtgguy
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so even though he is sick someone is still taking care of the site and updating it?

I think you can just move the mouse over the car you wanna check, and look at the bottom of the browser if the link doesn't show up then the car is gone I guess. So you don't have to click on every car to find out if it's sold
If the car shows up on the search it's there, unless it was just sold. If you find a car you're interested in, and you click on it, you can view the sticker information, if the sticker information doesn't show up that car may have just sold, and if it has, in short order it will no longer come up on the search at all.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:33 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,700 Likes on 1,214 Posts

As I understand Jeff's site, he found a way to automatically locate the cars off GM's site. He doesn't have to go on line everyday and add/delete cars manually as the cars are built/sold. When you click on a particular car, you are automatically directed to GM's site, to that listing.

When GM adds a car to their dealer's inventory, then Jeff's list automatically adds the car. Same thing when a car is sold and GM deletes the listing.

Now, adding the 2011 listings requires Jeff to set up his site to pull those cars, which is a time consuming job for him. Being sick, I doubt if the site is his main concern right now.

Get notified of new replies

To jeffhardy.com incomplete? 2011?

Quick Reply: jeffhardy.com incomplete? 2011?