C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fair price for a TT c6 LS2?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 03:49 PM
schuepbach
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fair price for a TT c6 LS2?

Hey I'm relatively new here, basically lurk the f/s section in my free time. I have an 08 STI that I'm trying to sell and possibly replace with a c6 vette.

The other day my friend who's a salesman at a local dealership tells me that someone traded in a vette that may interest me. Its an 05 with 18k miles and a twin turbo kit w/ meth. The dynosheet claims about 680 whp w/o the meth and he wants 32k for it. I went by and test drove it real quick () and pretty much fell in love with the car.

The dealership is asking 32k for it and I'm curious if this a fair price? I've tried going through the f/s forum to see if there are similarly equipped cars on there but couldn't find much.

I guess my question is what all should I look over on the receipts(they'll have all the mod receipts compiled for me on monday) to make sure this a sound build, and of course what you guys think I should expect to pay for it?
Old 08-15-2010, 04:07 PM
SunnyVette21
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In XI Veteran

My thoughts would be to review the receipts and then find out who did the work. I would interview that mechanic and get an understanding of their expertise in that particular TT set up. You want to make sure they have extensive experience and knew what they were doing.

I had my local Callaway dealer obtain all the necessary parts and install a TVS2300 blower along with all the requisite goodies that went along with it. I had a great comfort level with my mechanic as he used to be the chief mechanic of a local SCCA corvette racing team. He has all the necessary experience and has done these types of mods many times in the past.

If you are comfortable with everything then I personally think you have yourself a good price on a powerful Vette. Good Luck.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:27 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 92 Likes on 55 Posts

I wouldn't pay any more than I'd pay for a NON modded 05. Of course some here are going to tell you the stealership should PAY YOU for taking it off their hands..

If you want it offer then whatever an 05 is going for and good luck!
Old 08-15-2010, 05:35 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

I can pretty much guarantee they beat up the guy and gave him below trade in value because it was so modded. Now they want to flip that and try to charge you more because it has turbos. Don't play their game, I bet they got it for extremely low 20's.
I agree with cthusker,
David
Old 08-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Raazor
Goon Squad King of Battle

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 357 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13x3- '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Originally Posted by cthusker
I wouldn't pay any more than I'd pay for a NON modded 05. Of course some here are going to tell you the stealership should PAY YOU for taking it off their hands..

If you want it offer then whatever an 05 is going for and good luck!
Originally Posted by mcandrew67
I can pretty much guarantee they beat up the guy and gave him below trade in value because it was so modded. Now they want to flip that and try to charge you more because it has turbos. Don't play their game, I bet they got it for extremely low 20's.
I agree with cthusker,
David

Bargain like crazy and then walk away like your not interested. After they're done duct-taping you to the chair, offer $24k.

Good luck!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:57 PM
schuepbach
Advanced

ya I know for a fact the guy traded it in for 25k, so I was surprised when they said the asking price was 32k. We'll see how it goes on monday. I'm thinking of doing an even trade w/ my sti, since its trade in value is around 22 to 25k
Old 08-15-2010, 08:26 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by schuepbach
ya I know for a fact the guy traded it in for 25k, so I was surprised when they said the asking price was 32k. We'll see how it goes on monday. I'm thinking of doing an even trade w/ my sti, since its trade in value is around 22 to 25k
I'm surprised he got 25k! So these dirtbags are trying to grab 7k on a simple trade??

I suppose if the can pull off highway robbery on the sidewalk they will do it every time!

Lets us know what happens...
Old 08-15-2010, 08:49 PM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

Last month my dealer had a 2009 Z06 w/ 6000 miles on it for sale for an asking price of $62k. I was half way interested, and asked what they would allow me for my perfect 2005, 6mn, ProCharged, American Racing SS & Coated Hedders, Corsa Dual Sports, Meziere water pump, Ron Davis radiator, LPE oil cooler, Z06 brake package, Pioneer P6800 in dash DVD, 3lt car with both tops and new Michelin PS2's? They offered me $23k.

Now,this is a mod-friendly dealer with a brand new Camaro SS on the showroom floor that they had just installed an $8k STS Turbo system on. They wanted $22k over the MSRP for that car, or about $62k.

I asked how they could ask 3 times the cost for the STS on the Camaro, yet offer me approx. 50% of a fair price for my car? My car has about $23k in mods alone on the car.

Long story short, I nicely told them to KMA. With their insulting offer, they probably lost me as a potential customer for anything in the future.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:43 AM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by EuroRod
Last month my dealer had a 2009 Z06 w/ 6000 miles on it for sale for an asking price of $62k. I was half way interested, and asked what they would allow me for my perfect 2005, 6mn, ProCharged, American Racing SS & Coated Hedders, Corsa Dual Sports, Meziere water pump, Ron Davis radiator, LPE oil cooler, Z06 brake package, Pioneer P6800 in dash DVD, 3lt car with both tops and new Michelin PS2's? They offered me $23k.

Now,this is a mod-friendly dealer with a brand new Camaro SS on the showroom floor that they had just installed an $8k STS Turbo system on. They wanted $22k over the MSRP for that car, or about $62k.

I asked how they could ask 3 times the cost for the STS on the Camaro, yet offer me approx. 50% of a fair price for my car? My car has about $23k in mods alone on the car.

Long story short, I nicely told them to KMA. With their insulting offer, they probably lost me as a potential customer for anything in the future.
Exactly what I'm talking about! Dealers skin unaware people on the buying and selling... imagine how much they were trying to make on just that 1 deal with you? I'm all for free trade and capitalism but the best defense is simply say NO when offered such ridiculous deals. There are a lot more cars for sale then buyers.....

Anytime there are 2 vehicles involved in a trade it's time to be wary! Dealerships love to have two ***** in the air while tossing numbers around.... confuses lots of people. Bottom line is have a minimum - maximum number locked in BEFORE walking into a dealership and you'll save yourself a lot of money. Be prepared to walk away from any deal regardless of how much you want the car...
Old 08-16-2010, 08:31 AM
schuepbach
Advanced

Thanks for the advice!! I always find it funny that when selling the car they kept mentioning KBB retail was 35k, but as we all know when trading a car the first thing any salesman says is to toss KBB out the window.

I really have no problem giving a salesman grief, hell last month the guy at the hyundai dealership refused to give me his business card(test drove the new genesis coupe for giggles, i thought my company car was slow, this is a whole new level). I just somewhat know this salesman, so I hate to come off as a douche, but I'm not going to overpay for the car.

I'll post up some build details when he hopefully gets some receipts together today.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:12 AM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 215 Likes on 81 Posts

what trim package is it?
what other mods have been done?
does it look/drive like its been a track slave, or a show car?

with nothing done to it it's worth $24-27k depending on options. if you WANT a twin turbo and it is done well, then negotiate and buy it. thats a hell of a lot cheaper than putting one on yourself.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:18 AM
schuepbach
Advanced

Originally Posted by m48xhp
what trim package is it?
what other mods have been done?
does it look/drive like its been a track slave, or a show car?

with nothing done to it it's worth $24-27k depending on options. if you WANT a twin turbo and it is done well, then negotiate and buy it. thats a hell of a lot cheaper than putting one on yourself.
I believe 1SA, it had nav, heated seats, Z51 brakes, and the panoramic roof.

It didn't look like a track rat, probably more towards show car. I just spoke w/ the salesman and he's scanning in the documents.

I feel its priced a little bit higher for an 05, however it has 18k miles, which is probably a large factor in it.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:40 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Not really worth 32 grand even with those mods.MODS don't increase the value of a car in most cases and detract in some. For the setup in that car,figure what it costs the original owner,divide by .25 and add that to the 25 grand trade allowance if you must have that car.Remember 05's had a weaker rear end then following years so check that out too.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:07 PM
schuepbach
Advanced

I went by the dealership today again and got more info.

First off I couldn't get them below 30k for the car, I may try again in the coming days.

It has the APS Twin Turbo Kit done by Next Level Performance
B&B exhaust
Alcohol Injection systems meth kit
Davin Wheels

from what I hear the APS kits is the way to go, it was tuned at 9 psi and made 540 rwhp w/o meth.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:14 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by schuepbach
I went by the dealership today again and got more info.

First off I couldn't get them below 30k for the car, I may try again in the coming days.

It has the APS Twin Turbo Kit done by Next Level Performance
B&B exhaust
Alcohol Injection systems meth kit
Davin Wheels

from what I hear the APS kits is the way to go, it was tuned at 9 psi and made 540 rwhp w/o meth.
at 9psi on an 05, if they didn't strengthen the rear end I would be careful, could already be ready to go. Raazor would know better than me though
Old 08-16-2010, 07:51 PM
schuepbach
Advanced

Talking to Next Level Performance and the local LSx speed shop, it seems that the rear end should hold as long as I don't cause massive wheel hop/do burnouts every where I go.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:32 PM
kmthor00
Burning Brakes

Look in the for sale section, I'll let my 07' APS TT with 3,850 miles go for $37.9K. 3LT with A6, wicked fast & in perfect condition. PM me
Ken
Old 08-16-2010, 09:44 PM
schuepbach
Advanced

I decided against the dealer car, I was just getting a bad vibe on it.

Get notified of new replies

To Fair price for a TT c6 LS2?

Quick Reply: Fair price for a TT c6 LS2?