C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Grand Sport or CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 10:03 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,099 Likes on 852 Posts

Originally Posted by MAJ Z06

How do you get out of bed in the morning, you are such a negative person, never anything positive to say about any subject.
Come on Major. Just cause he justifies the Caddie? He's entitled. I see a whole lot more neg than that w/o ever having to go over to O/T. I bet he gets out of bed just fine. Now me, that's another topic
Old 08-13-2010, 10:32 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I own an 08 300hp CTS AWD FE2 and a 2008 C6 Z51 M6 and I recently drove the CTS V and saw the CTS V coupe..

No question...in my mind...I'd buy the CTS V coupe automatic..

A personal favorite of mine.. and I've got a dozen or so years and three corvettes...

That new cTS V is as fast as my 08 C6 M6 and really nice luxury at the same time..

The sedans cool....but the coupe...HOLLY SMOKES! Its stunningly beautiful.

Nothing better looking for under 100 grand...IMO

I will say I keep the roof off the vette all spring summer and fall..so my final vote goes the equally as fast...better handling Grand Sport coupe...(although I'd get a 6 speed manual as it comes with the dry sump oiling system and launch control...I'd buy a red grand sport but it would only be the M6 version) Nothing like top down driving when you want it and hard core performance coupe when you want it...

Hows that for a flip flop! LOL

Last edited by JerriVette; 08-13-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:48 PM
PeteZO6
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by MAJ Z06
Don't get us wrong, I think all of us like, love, respect, and some own a CTS/V but it's an apple to oranges comparison; and if you need an orange then an apple just won't do.

If you change CTS/V to Porsche Boxster you'd get 7 pages of discussion but if you need a back seat then a Corvette is not for you.
I see questions like this and I wonder WTF! It's YOUR choice, YOU know what you like and don't like. Why ask on a Corvette forum?
If you want a Corvette, BUY A CORVETTE!!!!! If you're not sure, you better buy something else.

My off the cuff answer would be, "Neither, buy a Chrysler 300 and enjoy it."
Old 08-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Just had a guy park beside me at a car show today, he just picked up his new V coupe. This was a reddish/orange pearl. Wow, looks way better than those plain silver ones I saw in the pics posted a while ago. This was a nice car! I shot some video of it, I am just processing, will have it up on youtube tonight sometime.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Rule292
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by MattLangley
So my wife and I are saving to buy a new car in about 1-2 years. We are going to pay off our mustang (2006 very base model with pretty low mileage) in about year so we will have a 4 seat car and will get the vette or cadi as a second car (that we'll probably drive daily though).

So in looking ahead we've been debating between a Corvette Grand Sport (we want a car with automatic) or a Cadillac CTS-V. The cadillac would be more convenient, we'd go for the four door sedan, though in keeping our mustang we don't necessarily need another 4 seat car. We really enjoy both of them for different reasons and are really torn, was wondering if anyone here is driven both and can share what the driving differences are.

Right now we're leaning towards the vette since we'd rather have something more sporty and more fun to drive (we don't have any kids right now either so our mustang will last us for a long while for practicality). Also the vette has better mileage and we want to take whatever new powerful car we get on road trips, etc.

Any thoughts, perceptions, or comments are greatly appreciated
I was going to say "you can't put the top down on a CTS-V" but then I saw your signature said Vegas.

Buddy that moved from NJ to Vegas recently says "you don't see MANY convertibles in Vegas" with 110 degree days.

CTS-V's are nice but there's nothing like a Vette, and the coupe gets high 20's on the highway easily.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:37 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by cor24vette
Come on Major. Just cause he justifies the Caddie? He's entitled. I see a whole lot more neg than that w/o ever having to go over to O/T. I bet he gets out of bed just fine. Now me, that's another topic
It's much, much more than that one post.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:54 PM
tpawlak
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Get the Corvette unless you are too old to get in and out of the Corvette or need a baby seat in the back.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:02 PM
Daytona Bob
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 & '12, '14

if you have kids the cts-v is nice to own
Old 08-14-2010, 10:41 PM
CPG1962
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10
Default Buy the CTSV

Then contact LPE and buy their upgrade kit for the Cadi. I just upgraded mine and man-o-man, it is smokin

Make sure to get the Recaro seats. I am putting down ~ 615 ft# and 574 WHP. The car is just plain fun and gets alot of complements.

Last edited by CPG1962; 08-15-2010 at 02:47 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:05 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

I test drove the beautiful CTS V coupe at monticello raceway today........and although its a great vehicle......Very impressive....

The corvette ls3 coupe or convertible is the better vehicle .....(as a sports car)

I wanted to really like the CTSV coupe....but in the end...there is no way I could sell the vette to buy a cts v coupe...

The vettes still more sports car than even the hot rod cts V coupe..

Just a heads up. Drive both then decide for yourself.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:33 PM
dissediver
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnodrake
Both are great cars.....

Nice car but no CTS-V

Quick Reply: Corvette Grand Sport or CTS-V